• April 26, 2024, 06:10:54 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: What are your dreams for 2018?  (Read 14191 times)

Lenny

• View Profile
Re: What are your dreams for 2018?
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2017, 12:59:08 PM »

BETTER PRICING.  Doesn't anyone wonder why prices have not gone done.  Battery costs are down 60-70%, but Zero Motorcycles are actually more expensive today than in 2014!  I just sold mine to buy an Energica Ego.  Twice the price, but ten times the bike and I can fast charge!

How did you do on trade in? I'm considering doing the same with my flawed 2015 SR. You get it shipped to the US, or are you somewhere else?

Sorry for OT, but just a short note for all those of you who are considering buying an Energica. I recently had some insight into what's happening with owners in Germany right now. I can't go into details here, but if you expect a startup to be better than Zero just because of better parts and a CCS port, then you are wrong. If you consider Zero's customer service bad and the bikes unreliable sometimes, than an Energica will become a total nightmare and very expensive. Still they're all the same, problems can occure everywhere. They can't catch up with Zero's ten year experience from scratch, although their marketing obviously proposes something else.
Zero FXS 6.5 MY16

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2017, 07:38:27 PM »

BETTER PRICING.  Doesn't anyone wonder why prices have not gone done.  Battery costs are down 60-70%, but Zero Motorcycles are actually more expensive today than in 2014!  I just sold mine to buy an Energica Ego.  Twice the price, but ten times the bike and I can fast charge!

How did you do on trade in? I'm considering doing the same with my flawed 2015 SR. You get it shipped to the US, or are you somewhere else?

Sorry for OT, but just a short note for all those of you who are considering buying an Energica. I recently had some insight into what's happening with owners in Germany right now. I can't go into details here, but if you expect a startup to be better than Zero just because of better parts and a CCS port, then you are wrong. If you consider Zero's customer service bad and the bikes unreliable sometimes, than an Energica will become a total nightmare and very expensive. Still they're all the same, problems can occure everywhere. They can't catch up with Zero's ten year experience from scratch, although their marketing obviously proposes something else.

Having owned Italian IC motorcycles in the past, I am always a little leery about their level of after-sales customer service and especially parts supply.  If you can speak Italian and can get to someone at the factory, you will be treated well and receive efficient service.  But if you are in the U.S. you may feel that you have been orphaned if you need a part quickly or have a strange problem that your local dealer can not figure out. It always seemed to me that most established Italian motorcycle manufacturers really didn't want to spend a lot of time and money setting up an efficient parts distribution system in North America. I think it is just a matter of priorities. Designing and selling fast motorcycles are their thing.  :) Keeping them running, maybe not so much.  ;)
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

gyrocyclist

• Zero. Because motorcycles should be seen and not heard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2017, 05:33:31 AM »

fairing/streamlining
fairing/streamlining
BETTER FAIRING/STREAMLINING/AERODYNAMICS

Increased range (duh! I know you guys at Zero are always working on that ... I'm so looking forward to 200+ mile range at 75mph+ (120kph+) with 1C  recharge. Better fairing/streamlining/aerodynamics will go a long way towards this (achievable) goal. But then, you guys know that ... )
2018 SR
2016 Honda CB500X
2022 BMW F900XR

dukecola

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2017, 08:38:22 AM »

Bigger frame for cruising with more passenger room. More comfortable  seat. Better display. Color black should always be an option. Seriously yellow???

Yellow is my favorite color, followed by lime green.   ;D
Nothing really wrong with yellow, what's wrong is not having black and white as standard and only yellow and red

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2017, 08:06:04 PM »

Nothing really wrong with yellow, what's wrong is not having black and white as standard and only yellow and red

Speaking of which, I keep reading about these "color kits" from Zero, but there is no mention (or pricing) on their website.  Does anybody know the story?  I wouldn't mind swapping out my yellow panels for red ones (though it would mean sacrificing my "Woodstock" stickers).
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

hubert

• '14 Zero S, nuke charged
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2017, 01:02:50 AM »

Most motorbikes are sadly black. Likewise most riding suits. Put some color in your life! Yellow is wonderful, red is obviously faster :-)
2014 Zero S
Velomobile "Quest"
Mitsubishi i-MiEV

guppie70

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2017, 01:15:44 AM »

My input:
* Full sexy fairing
* More range (above will help)
* Improved front brakes
* Fully adjustable suspension
* Traction control
* Color display that you can customise
* Regen breaking on throttle close (like in a Tesla)
* More power or a different (customisable via app??) way of limiting the power so that you can properly pull a wheelie on a SR
* Optional low drag luggage option (top case and/or side cases) that fit well into the design of the bike
I am sure that with all the above, Zero can really significantly increase sales and strengthen it's position as a leading electric motorcycle company!

Shadow

• Global Moderator
  • 130,000mi electric since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2017, 01:36:39 AM »

* Color display that you can customise
Smart phone app?
* Regen breaking on throttle close (like in a Tesla)
Um... check your app settings, it's not as strong as it technically can be due to safety regulations
* More power or a different (customisable via app??) way of limiting the power so that you can properly pull a wheelie on a SR
Available if you change the sprocket on 2017+ it will definitely wheelie have seen it with my own eyes
* Optional low drag luggage option (top case and/or side cases) that fit well into the design of the bike
A Givi top case is "low drag" but not the lowest, apparently we need an aerodynamic tail and no bike out there I've ever seen has this from factory
I am sure that with all the above, Zero can really significantly increase sales and strengthen it's position as a leading electric motorcycle company!
Aftermarket sales will develop for all these things. Zero Motorcycles may gradually upgrade the battery, motor, and controller technology, and possibly change some software settings to allow for aftermarket technologies to push their system limits, but they're not in a business of making a thousand different bikes (anymore).

You have to modify your Zero to get the 2-wheeled EV that you want for less than $30,000 cost. If you're willing to pay more then maybe have a look at other EV company bikes like Energica and Lightning, you might be happier with the stock configuration on those?

forestlane

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2017, 03:52:42 AM »

My Zero SR 2018 dream machine:  ;)

22 kW battery
22 kW charging (with Mennekes)
2 kW charging

In The Netherlands most charging stations are 11 kW and the newer ones are 22 kW!

see chargemap.com  or  newmotion.com
2014 Zero S, 2013 Tesla Model S

forestlane

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2017, 04:00:54 AM »

... and for my current Zero S 2014, I am looking for an affordable 8.5 kW "supercharger"  ;D
2014 Zero S, 2013 Tesla Model S

togo

• It's like flying. But with more traction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2017, 04:28:20 AM »

My Zero SR 2018 dream machine:  ;)

22 kW battery
2 kW charging

In The Netherlands most charging stations are 11 kW and the newer ones are 22 kW!

see chargemap.com  or  newmotion.com

Amen to that!

And a compact worldwide adapter set, from Tesla destination to J-1772 to Menekes.

And high efficiency step-down supply so we can charge from HVDC like the big boys.  Also with a compact worldwide adapter set.

our knowledge about Zeros collects here: https://zeromanual.com/

anton

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2017, 07:25:49 AM »

22 kW battery
2 kW charging

You mean 22 kW charging? ;)

benswing

• 2016 Zero SR Cross Country Biker, www.Benswing.com
    • View Profile
    • Follow my electric motorcycle adventures on Facebook
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2017, 04:32:16 AM »

CCS Fast charging.  (This will soon become a necessity to stay competitive.)
A model with lower seat height.  (Friends are ready to buy, but Zeros are too tall.)
Fairing to improve looks & range.
Bigger Battery and/or lower price.
First to 48 states all electric!
 - Long Range Electric Biker - https://www.facebook.com/BenRidesElectric/
 - Video/photo/articles about 4 corners tour: http://www.benswing.com
 - Crossed the USA in 2013 on a 2012 Zero S with the Ride the Future Tour, see the movie at https://vimeo.com/169002549

domingo3

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2017, 03:59:51 PM »

Here's an easy one.  Maybe even firmware can do it?  I want at least three programmable modes rather than being stuck with eco and sport presents.  Still call it eco and sport if you like, just let me change them.
2016 Zero FXS 2018 Zero FXS 2016 SR

Lenny

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2017, 09:49:37 PM »

Here's an easy one.  Maybe even firmware can do it?  I want at least three programmable modes rather than being stuck with eco and sport presents.  Still call it eco and sport if you like, just let me change them.

And another firmware doable thing: Limit max charging SOC via the app, i.e. to 80% or 90% with balancing at the end. Just like Tesla's trip mode to reduce wear on the battery. For daily commuting that will be more than sufficient in most cases I guess.
Zero FXS 6.5 MY16
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12