• April 25, 2024, 05:14:43 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: 250 mile club  (Read 5309 times)

togo

• It's like flying. But with more traction.
    • View Profile
X200 club [Re: 250 mile club]
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2017, 12:24:48 AM »

Would I be allowed to enter the club with just 125 miles, but done on an FXS? ;-) Current max is 110, but I might do more than 125 soon. Half the range and half the charging power than you guys...

Feel free to start the X-platform 125 mile club!  Or the X 200 KM club, sounds better in metric : - )

our knowledge about Zeros collects here: https://zeromanual.com/

KrazyEd

• View Profile
Re: 250 mile club
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2017, 01:23:56 PM »

Good Morning
   I did a ride from Las Vegas NV to Beatty NV a few weeks ago. This is the first leg of Nevada's Electric Highway.
I rode from my home to The charger that was the furthest North that I knew of. From there it was 116.2 miles
to the Chargepoint station in Beatty. I arrived with 5% charge ( 8 Miles ) showing.
I charged using the on board charger and a QuiQ charger. Walking around town and napping while charging was going on.
I then rode back to Vegas. I charged for a little at on the way back at a school in a town called Indian Springs until someone
decided that I shouldn't be there.  Once home, I charged up a bit and did some more riding around town. While not sure EXACTLY
how many miles I rode, but it was over 250, and in the same day 238+ Just there and back. Didn't think about this thread or I would
have been more precise. 2016 SR 13KW with 2017 Locking DSR "Tank". I didn't care for the S or SR color options, didn't want the
duck bill fender, so ordered just the tank while I decided on what to do for front and rear. I like the way it looks so much that
I am planning to keep it this way. I have photos, but, can't seem to get them small enough to upload. Can email if interested.

Shadow

• Global Moderator
  • 130,000mi electric since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2017, 01:31:46 PM »

Good Morning
   I did a ride from Las Vegas NV to Beatty NV a few weeks ago. This is the first leg of Nevada's Electric Highway.
I rode from my home to The charger that was the furthest North that I knew of. From there it was 116.2 miles
to the Chargepoint station in Beatty. I arrived with 5% charge ( 8 Miles ) showing.
I charged using the on board charger and a QuiQ charger. Walking around town and napping while charging was going on.
I then rode back to Vegas. I charged for a little at on the way back at a school in a town called Indian Springs until someone
decided that I shouldn't be there.  Once home, I charged up a bit and did some more riding around town. While not sure EXACTLY
how many miles I rode, but it was over 250, and in the same day 238+ Just there and back. Didn't think about this thread or I would
have been more precise. 2016 SR 13KW with 2017 Locking DSR "Tank". I didn't care for the S or SR color options, didn't want the
duck bill fender, so ordered just the tank while I decided on what to do for front and rear. I like the way it looks so much that
I am planning to keep it this way. I have photos, but, can't seem to get them small enough to upload. Can email if interested.
So, a 2016 SR ZF13.0 no additional battery?  What do you remember was your average speed mph for that 116.2mi leg of the trip?  I have a 2016 DSR ZF13.0 and have considered trying this adventure but I thought I might wait for a positive report of someone having made that trip with a similar performance bike firstly ^_^

KrazyEd

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2017, 01:43:59 PM »

I have been riding / driving EVs for about a decade and have become VERY good at HyperMiling.
The ride out Started around 1:40 in the Morning to avoid as much traffic and police as possible.
The road was 70 MPH. MY speed was mostly between 45 and 50. The last 20 miles or so, I dropped
down to between 25 and 35. The Ride back was in the middle of the day with road construction and stop and
wait. Speed was mostly under 55. That was why the stop in Indian Springs. I was concerned that I
would not make it back. Most of my "range" adventures would not be considered a "FUN" ride, but,
enjoyable to me. Around town with 35 to 45 mph average speeds, I am able to easily reach 200 miles.
This is taking as much advantage of regen as possible. Since this was going to be a highway ride,
there would be little of that so I kept speeds painfully low. My ride to and from work is 6 miles of
35 and 45 mph city street with 20 stoplights between my house and the freeway, then, 13 miles of
freeway, ( usually around 55 mph ) then another mile at the end to work. This uses under 15% of the battery from full.
Today I was in a bit of a hurry to work and was going 65 to 75 on the way. 55 on the way home. 42 miles round trip
put me home with 71% battery and 102 miles of projected range. This was hiding behind the touring fairing TO
work and 55 mph sitting up on the way home.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 01:56:32 PM by KrazyEd »

gasdive

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2017, 03:58:16 PM »

Count me in. My Daughter is about 230 miles away and usually I take the Zero to see her for dinner, so 460 return. One trip I did some running around before dinner, and I thought I'd cracked 500 miles in a day, but I grabbed a coffee and a safety charge that I didn't really need and I realised later that I'd done just over 500 miles in just under 25 hours, so not a 'day'.  I guess I could to 500 in a day, but I'd have to tell her that I'm cutting dinner short for a completely weird reason. 

All on a 2014 DSP  11.4, two elcons and no power tank.
Blogging my Zero DS from day one.
http://zerods.blogspot.com/

Shadow

• Global Moderator
  • 130,000mi electric since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2017, 11:33:42 PM »

I guess I could to 500 in a day, but I'd have to tell her that I'm cutting dinner short for a completely weird reason.
500mi in 24 hours on a mostly stock base Zero platform bike is quite the accomplishment. Just change whatever it was to km's and you're good  :D

togo

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2017, 04:43:09 AM »

Anton
Benswing
Birger Salzer
Burton
Brian T Rice
Brandon Nozaki Miller
Christian J
Doctorbass
Electric Terry & Charger
ElectricZen
Gasdive
Gyrocyclist
Morimaxx
Mr Wilson
Shadow
Swavess
Skidz
Togo
zerovolt

UW4E

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2017, 05:47:51 PM »

Who kicked me out?  :o

Anton
Benswing
Birger Salzer
Burton
Brian T Rice
Brandon Nozaki Miller
Christian J
Doctorbass
Electric Terry & Charger
ElectricZen
Gasdive
Gyrocyclist
Morimaxx
Mr Wilson
Shadow
Swavess
Skidz
Togo
UW4E
zerovolt
With an electric motorcycle to Iceland - June 2018:
http://www.uw4e.de

Zero S 2015 - 41,000 km / 25,800 miles since July 2016 (Status Nov '18)

anton

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2017, 11:24:35 PM »

I just set my new personal best of 440 mi in 24 hours on my way back from Canada 8)

benswing

• 2016 Zero SR Cross Country Biker, www.Benswing.com
    • View Profile
    • Follow my electric motorcycle adventures on Facebook
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2017, 08:40:55 AM »

This is awesome! It's so fun to see so many people riding longer distances now.  Keep the stories coming!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
First to 48 states all electric!
 - Long Range Electric Biker - https://www.facebook.com/BenRidesElectric/
 - Video/photo/articles about 4 corners tour: http://www.benswing.com
 - Crossed the USA in 2013 on a 2012 Zero S with the Ride the Future Tour, see the movie at https://vimeo.com/169002549

togo

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2017, 09:51:25 AM »

Who kicked me out?  :o

Sorry, clerical error.

Anton
Benswing
Birger Salzer
Burton
Brian T Rice
Brandon Nozaki Miller
Christian J
Doctorbass
Electric Terry & Charger
ElectricZen
Gasdive
Gyrocyclist
Morimaxx
Mr Wilson
Shadow
Swavess
Skidz
Togo
UW4E
zerovolt

kashography

• View Profile
    • e-motorrad.ch
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2017, 11:31:59 AM »

I made a little over 400km in 1 day riding from my home in Switzerland (Olten) across the little Lichtenstein to Austria and back. This with the Zero Charge Tank charging up in 3 Sessions of about 1 to 1.5hrs.  So you can add me too on that list 8)

500km with a chargetank are possible, but iwould be a long day :)
  • 200km with one charge (was too easy)
  • 300km in a day
  • 400km in a day
  • 500km in a day (550+km)
  • 600km in a day
    driven in [5] out of 6 nearby countries

evdjerome

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2017, 10:49:10 PM »

On my 13 day tour in August I had a 263 mile day from Delaware Water Gap, PA to White River Junction VT. Charged 3 times that day before getting to hotel, although could have gotten away with only 2 charges.

2015 Zero DS with 2 Elcon 2500s.
2015 Zero DS 14.4 (originally 12.5)
2012 Zero DS 9 (sold)

togo

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2017, 11:57:31 PM »

Anton
Benswing
Birger Salzer
Burton
Brian T Rice
Brandon Nozaki Miller
Christian J
Doctorbass
Electric Terry & Charger
ElectricZen
evdjerome
Gasdive
Gyrocyclist
kashography
Morimaxx
Mr Wilson
Shadow
Swavess
Skidz
Togo
UW4E
zerovolt

I'm sorry, KrazyEd.  Did you claim to have ridden 250 miles in 24 hours?  I saw a claim of 238 in one day as part of a longer trip.

motornissen

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2017, 01:30:38 PM »

Is it on one charge, or is it ok to do 2 125mile trips within 24h, with one or two chargers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5