• March 29, 2024, 01:36:35 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Email From Zero: Updated Firmware and Charging Recommendations  (Read 17960 times)

tico

• View Profile
Re: Email From Zero: Updated Firmware and Charging Recommendations
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2017, 07:48:51 PM »

So I dropped off my 2014 S at a local dealer this past Friday to get the firmware updated, and I heard back yesterday evening (Tuesday) that when they hooked up the computer to it, that the bike identified itself as a 2017, and could not update the firmware. They're gonna call Zero and see what to do.  No other details so far, but has anyone else heard of this happening?

Maybe the last time they applied a firmware update, they chose wrong image or set it wrong? Or maybe they put in a new MBB board somehow.

Yeah, it's very possible that it has a different MBB-- the bike had to be shipped back to Zero for battery problems a few months ago, but I wasn't told that they'd replaced anything. Still no news.

tico

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 04, 2017, 04:50:10 PM »

got the bike back -- apparently nothing was different about my bike -- the dealer just had to update the software on their laptop for it to correctly recognize my 2014.

It still won't download the battery logs, but apparently Zero is coming out with a new version of the Android app that fixes that problem??

nevetsyad

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 05, 2017, 08:24:07 PM »

Wait, wait, wait, I was charged for motor commissioning, same place that charged me for troubleshooting and dripped brake fluid on my plastics and said it was always like that. Guess I should have known that everything they said was a lie. Now I'm curious if they even did it. Would it show anything in the logs?
2023 Energica Experia
2022 Lightning Strike (reservation)
2021 Energica Eva Ribelle (For Sale)
2020 Zero SR/S (sold)
2018 Zero DSR (sold)
2015 Zero SR (Lets call it sold)

dukecola

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2017, 05:05:47 PM »

Kind of pissed at my dealer who is 4hr round trip away. Was returning from vacation and passing by the dealership on the way home so a week before I called and asked for appt.. Their answer, sorry our one tech is booked that day. Seriously, they can't hook up and start the download. How long would that take, 2 mins.  Which brings up the question, do I really need this update as long as I follow the new charging protocol? I'd rather wait till I need to go to dealer for something else.

Shadow

• Global Moderator
  • 130,000mi electric since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2017, 07:51:32 PM »

Kind of pissed at my dealer who is 4hr round trip away. Was returning from vacation and passing by the dealership on the way home so a week before I called and asked for appt.. Their answer, sorry our one tech is booked that day. Seriously, they can't hook up and start the download. How long would that take, 2 mins.  Which brings up the question, do I really need this update as long as I follow the new charging protocol? I'd rather wait till I need to go to dealer for something else.
Which bike / firmware / MBB rev do you have now?

dukecola

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 09, 2017, 05:24:03 AM »

Mines a 16 SR builtin July 16. Dont have a clue what firmware, how do I find that out?

mrwilsn

• 2014 Zero S / 2017 Zero SR
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 09, 2017, 06:42:40 AM »

Mines a 16 SR builtin July 16. Dont have a clue what firmware, how do I find that out?
Use app to download logs and then instead of emailing to Zero, email to yourself. Then use the online viewer to check FW version.

https://zero-motorcycle-community.github.io/browser-parse/

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2014 Zero S

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 09, 2017, 07:39:55 PM »

Use app to download logs and then instead of emailing to Zero, email to yourself. Then use the online viewer to check FW version.

https://zero-motorcycle-community.github.io/browser-parse/

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

When I try to check the logs for my 2014S using the Zero app, all I get is the bike's VIN number and nothing else. I also haven't figured out how to determine what firmware version that I have. I have gone through the entire app information and nothing shows that.  On my 2012S (as I recall) the firmware version would show up when the ignition was first booted up, but not on the 2014 model. ???  While this is not a big concern for me at this time, I am curious how this is done.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Erasmo

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 10, 2017, 11:56:06 AM »

Took some time but the EU HQ finally send out a similar email.

Shadow

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 10, 2017, 05:04:54 PM »

When I try to check the logs for my 2014S using the Zero app, all I get is the bike's VIN number and nothing else. I also haven't figured out how to determine what firmware version that I have. I have gone through the entire app information and nothing shows that.  On my 2012S (as I recall) the firmware version would show up when the ignition was first booted up, but not on the 2014 model. ???  While this is not a big concern for me at this time, I am curious how this is done.
Firmware version is in the first lines of decoded MBB output for my 2016 DSR. If your firmware is older maybe it does not appear in the output?

mrwilsn

• 2014 Zero S / 2017 Zero SR
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2017, 02:30:20 PM »

Mr. Aaron Cheatham has just (OK the letter is dated 9 May but I only got it a few weeks ago) sent me these same recommendations via letter.  Very nice heavyweight paper stock (more like a greeting card) and everything!

One particular item of note (highlighted in bold text by Mr. Cheatham himself) which was not in the email that was sent is that "costs of all firmware updates are fully covered by Zero, regardless of your bike's warranty status". Nice! I guess if your dealer tries to charge you for FW update you just show them the letter....I guess that might explain the super heavyweight card stock :)

Nice work Aaron!

« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 04:19:15 AM by mrwilsn »
2014 Zero S

nil0lab

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2017, 02:27:35 AM »

Just got fresh firmware installed on my 2014 Zero SR.

My bike refused to charge with the onboard charger, it would open the contactor.

Now it charges with the key off, with the onboard charger again!

Shadow

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2017, 02:31:14 AM »

Just got fresh firmware installed on my 2014 Zero SR.

My bike refused to charge with the onboard charger, it would open the contactor.

Now it charges with the key off, with the onboard charger again!
Do you know the firmware version before and after? This would be good to note on the Unofficial manual wiki

ZeroPointZero

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 26, 2017, 08:41:16 AM »

Mr. Aaron Cheatham has just (OK the letter is dated 9 May but I only got it a few weeks ago) sent me these same recommendations via letter.  Very nice heavyweight paper stock (more like a greeting card) and everything!

One particular item of note (highlighted in bold text by Mr. Cheatham himself) which was not in the email that was sent is that "costs of all firmware updates are fully covered by Zero, regardless of your bike's warranty status". Nice! I guess if your dealer tries to charge you for FW update you just show them the letter....I guess that might explain the super heavyweight card stock :)

Nice work Aaron!

Ive never received anything in the mail from Zero... Im wondering if Im not registered or something...

Curt

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2017, 11:54:41 AM »

I just got the same letter last week (2016 FX). This policy of Zero is really admirable.

I'll wait until the next regular service to have it done because there is no indication of any problem or improvement right now.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9