• April 24, 2024, 09:50:39 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Zero app, downloading logs  (Read 513 times)

gyrocyclist

• Zero. Because motorcycles should be seen and not heard.
    • View Profile
Zero app, downloading logs
« on: April 29, 2017, 05:06:25 AM »

(please redirect if there's a thread that covers this; I find the "search" feature on this forum less than stellar  :( )

I finally got around to playing with downloading logs (2016 SR, iPhone6,  iOS 10.3.1). I tried both battery and motorcycle+battery. After a while the app shows 100% download -- but the spinner just keeps spinning. Any advice? Perhaps I haven't waited long enough?

Second question: it's been said elsewhere that you can mail the logs to yourself. I haven't found any place on the app to set this. Perhaps it's an option after the spinner stops spinning?
2018 SR
2016 Honda CB500X
2022 BMW F900XR

togo

• It's like flying. But with more traction.
    • View Profile
Re: Zero app, downloading logs
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 05:42:45 AM »

(please redirect if there's a thread that covers this; I find the "search" feature on this forum less than stellar  :( )

I finally got around to playing with downloading logs (2016 SR, iPhone6,  iOS 10.3.1). I tried both battery and motorcycle+battery. After a while the app shows 100% download -- but the spinner just keeps spinning. Any advice? Perhaps I haven't waited long enough?

Second question: it's been said elsewhere that you can mail the logs to yourself. I haven't found any place on the app to set this. Perhaps it's an option after the spinner stops spinning?

I had trouble too yesterday.  I tried to send logs, including battery, "may take 10 minutes" but it got stuck at 33% and remained there till I aborted 25 minutes later.
our knowledge about Zeros collects here: https://zeromanual.com/

Skidz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 12:32:12 PM »

After the download is done, the app opens the email-app with a pre-filled email message so you can add some comment to the email before it gets sent. At that point you simply edit the 'to:' address to your own email and that's it.
For me (iPhone as well) it sometimes helps to reboot the phone or kill and restart the app to get stuff going. Cycling power to the bike also sometimes helps solve connection problems...
It's a crap shoot, really :P

mrwilsn

• 2014 Zero S / 2017 Zero SR
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2017, 01:26:54 PM »

I have better luck if I just select to download MBB logs. If I try to download the BMS logs too I get the same errors as others. I haven't had a firmware update available to upload with the app....I wonder if it will even work...it would suck to brick your bike trying to update FW at home. 😮

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2014 Zero S

hubert

• '14 Zero S, nuke charged
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2017, 04:34:50 PM »

The first time the app did NOT stuck when downloading both MBB and BMS logs, was after installing a very OLD version of the app! You can get the apk files for older version on the website linked in the other app thread.
2014 Zero S
Velomobile "Quest"
Mitsubishi i-MiEV

Lenny

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2017, 12:14:47 AM »

iPhone SE, iOS 10.3.1 and newest version of the app works fine on my 2016 FXS.

Be aware that once the screen of your phone shuts down/phone locks, it stops the process of downloading logs. I always change my screen/lock settings to "never" in advance of pulling logs, so it doesn't turn of while downloading.
Zero FXS 6.5 MY16
Pages: [1]