• September 22, 2017, 02:03:27 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Zero SR 2017. New model startup issues or just my bike?  (Read 900 times)

TheGap

• View Profile
Re: Zero SR 2017. New model startup issues or just my bike?
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2017, 02:27:57 AM »

I got a call from the dealer today, telling me they made quite a lot of progress.

- the belt was lightly misaligned which they adjusted
- because it was a new bike, the belt stretched a little and picked up some slack which in turn increased the noise from the misalignment
- apparently a new firmware has been released, after it has been applied they took it out for a tests and didn't notice any of my reported symptoms anymore.

Since I already have a 1000km on it they're going to do the first maintenance tomorrow and by Saturday I should be able to pick it up.
I said 'should' because to be completely sure a zero technician will still have a look at the bike (remote control of a computer that's attached to the CAN-bus of the bike) to see if everything checks out.

Here's to hoping

TheGap

• View Profile
Re: Zero SR 2017. New model startup issues or just my bike?
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2017, 05:23:08 AM »

Picked up my bike from the shop last Saturday and took it out for a spin.

The next day there was a police organised motorcycle training day which was a good test run to see if everything works as it should. And also loads of fun!
Got a lot of attention from a lot of people which is always a nice stroke for the ego  8)
With a few notable exceptions, the first three questions I got asked where always the same ... I presume everyone here knows which ones I'm talking about 
Another one for the thread 'Unexpected advantages of an electric bike' is that due to the lack of my own engine sound is that I could hear all the remarks behind by back: 'Weird ... a bike that doesn't make a sound' or 'What! Where did he come from? .... oh, I see'
I also seem to have been captured on camera a few times ... Where's Wally the Zero SR : https://www.facebook.com/PZBerlareZele/posts/798292416991461   ;D

But best of all: No more problems with the Charging Indicator and no more failed stop-n-go's. Just the entire day fun driving combined with several skill tests/refreshers/practices

Regarding the sounds that were a bit 'off'
- The vibrating sound during hard(er) acceleration seems to be as good as gone
- The modulating sound is still there but only at lower speeds
- I seem to have picked up a new sound: while braking (hard or soft, just louder with when breaking harder) I hear a sound that is best described as 'krrrrrrrrrrrrrrr'

I'll see if I can capture it with as little wind noise as possible and post it here. It might just be that I'm hearing things that are just normal
Pages: 1 [2]