• August 18, 2017, 06:34:52 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: MX 2011 1 - 3 Error code  (Read 192 times)

Thylacine

• View Profile
MX 2011 1 - 3 Error code
« on: April 09, 2017, 04:05:11 AM »

Hello I contacted zero for this issue but they just said to take it to nearest dealership to get it looked at..It is more than an hour away and I can not go there as I have no truck.

I have had this problem as long as ive had the bike, and it seems very random.

The error code it gives is

1 - 3 blinks

(Blinks 1 time then 3 more times in a row)

The bike wont go!

I am unsure how to fix the problem and to be honest I am pissed at Zero motorcycles because i have had it give me this error on startup at my work place and have to walk the bike ALL THE WAY HOME SEVERAL TIMES WTH zero?????

When the bike works it runs very well and i am happy but this error has ruined the experience with the bike..

Can anyone help? :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Seeth

• View Profile
Re: MX 2011 1 - 3 Error code
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 11:04:41 PM »

I've had to tow my rides before--it can get sort of pricey. However, if you're only an hour away, can you rent a truck from Home Depot (or similar) and a trailer? Around here you can get that for less than $40 total for a few hours.

Wish I could help you out with the error code. I hope it's a simple fix.

Thylacine

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 03:11:00 AM »

Hey Seeth Thanks for the reply. Do you have a a 2011? When I looked in my manual it said the error has to do with trickle charging or something. What does that mean? Not sure how to trickle charge.

Seeth

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 12:54:17 AM »

No, I'm literally waiting to get my 2017.

Trickle charging is usually a long-term plugged-in status of a vehicle where it's on a battery tender to ensure it doesn't die. So it takes place when you have it in storage, and only gets a tiny amount of electricity, just keeping it topped off. Not sure what happened with yours, and I'm no expert, but there does seem to be a lot of them on this forum (no snark, there).

Thylacine

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2017, 08:29:11 AM »

Nice what model did you get? Id kill for a 2017 of any model. They got way more range then my bike. plus more speed.

Still haven't figured out the issue with my bike. Got in touch with Zero today. Ive emailed them 2 times already and they said they did not get them, so they gave me a different email to use. Ive also emailed the dealership here twice and no response yet.

Seeth

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2017, 01:43:52 PM »

Oh, man. I hope you don't have the difficulties some folks are reporting in getting it worked on.
My Zero S is supposed to arrive by Friday.

I'm hoping you've read on some other folks experiences with getting their bike worked on, but if you haven't, the word seems to be "Chase". Pester the dealer and zero directly, and definitely let me know what happens, because I am kind of worried. I got burned on my last bike, this one is supposed to last years!

Thylacine

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2017, 07:17:12 PM »

Well my real name is Chase! I have read many peoples troubles over the years and its a shame. First of all Zero should have a 24\7 tech person by a phone. If I called tech support about a $50 dvd player I could get more help then with my multi thousand dollar motorcycle at this point. I want to understand the bike as much as possible so that i can fix issues myself.

So what bike did you have before? and what happened to it?

Update.
Ok SO I found manual online for my bike it says 1 then 3 blinks is my throttle acting up. Not sure what it wrong with it yet but im going to go take a look and open it up if i have to. Does anyone know of a good replacement throttle if i cant get it to work?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 11:00:16 PM by Thylacine »

Seeth

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2017, 02:21:42 AM »

I owned a ZEV, a terrible scooter. Nothing but regrets.
Pieces are poor quality, assembly was haphazard, using zip ties and tape, things caught on fire, and the company did everything it could to assign culpability to me. I can give a list of specifics if you want later, I'm on my phone right now.
In terms of ability, the scooter just doesn't measure up to the specs promised.
After spending several thousand on a lawyer and getting to ride for about a month total out of the year I owned it, I sold it for a thousand dollars to a mechanic who will probably part it out for other projects.
Pages: [1]