• March 29, 2024, 12:33:40 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Poll

Would you be interested in purchasing a compact lightweight 3.3kW charger for USD700?

Yes, one charger for USD700 sounds great, I want one
- 25 (42.4%)
Yes Yes, I'd take two chargers for USD1250
- 12 (20.3%)
No, I need a charger that is waterproof/dustproof
- 14 (23.7%)
No, I'm happy with my current charging setup
- 4 (6.8%)
No, that price is too high for me
- 1 (1.7%)
No, I just love filling out polls
- 3 (5.1%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Author Topic: Compact lightweight up to 8kW fast charger for under USD1600 delivered  (Read 17076 times)

UW4E

• View Profile
Re: Compact lightweight 3.3+kW fast charger for USD700, 6.6+kW for USD1250
« Reply #195 on: July 27, 2017, 02:40:23 AM »

Just recieved my charger. Package seemed ok, but when i opened it, one of the strainreleeves (if thats what its called) was broken....

I also had a damage on one of the cable glands / strain releeves. I changed it with the help of David, but meanwhile improved the cable glands.
It's a bit tricky to do that on a ready made charger, but was possible.
The cables go to the side anyway, so I used angled cable glands:

And a very well fitting transport solution for my yellow Zero S I found as well:

Next step will be installing a foldable handle  :)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 03:18:25 AM by UW4E »
With an electric motorcycle to Iceland - June 2018:
http://www.uw4e.de

Zero S 2015 - 41,000 km / 25,800 miles since July 2016 (Status Nov '18)

skoleskibe

• View Profile

Just recieved my charger. Package seemed ok, but when i opened it, one of the strainreleeves (if thats what its called) was broken....

I also had a damage on one of the cable glands / strain releeves. I changed it with the help of David, but meanwhile improved the cable glands.
It's a bit tricky to do that on a ready made charger, but was possible.
The cables go to the side anyway, so I used angled cable glands:

And a very well fitting transport solution for my yellow Zero S I found as well:

Next step will be installing a foldable handle  :)
Just recieved a new cablegland from David.  Must say, really good service, as i told them that i was ok with buying one locally, as the postage cost is higher than the price of the gland.
Thx David.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UW4E

• View Profile

Now with handle. Very simple solution.

UW4E

• View Profile

And now everything what I showed above is on the Bike  :D

skoleskibe

• View Profile

And now everything what I showed above is on the Bike  :D
That looks really good, the idea of the handle you must have stolen from me ;-)

Emtkopan

• View Profile

Progress update - production charging kits being sent on Tuesday 13th June

The first batch of 20+ charger cases have been finished and we will building all the pre-ordered chargers this weekend (thank you to those who have pre-ordered and been waiting patiently for their deliveries). We will have the cases on Friday and will update the online shop photos with images of the black gloss double chargers.

As testing in Europe and USA has gone as expected, we are pleased to announce that we will be shipping both pre-orders and new orders from Tuesday 13th June with deliveries reaching overseas customers from the w/c 19th June.

Please go to http://evtricity.com.au/shop if you wish to purchase one of our charging kits for Zero 2014-2017 motorcycles. If you have any questions, please email us at support@evtricity.com.au.

I’m sorry, did you say USA capable as well?

evtricity

• View Profile
    • EVTRICITY

Yes, they can be used in the USA as they support a wide voltage range including 110V (but they provide double the power output on 220V).

We have delivered more than a dozen chargers since June to Zero owners in the USA who use a combination of NEMA sockets and J1772 to power them.
2015 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV
2013 Nissan Leaf

grandpa

• View Profile

Theses metalic pipes seem a very good replacement of plastic cable glands !
Have you a link for this parts ?

Dont know why evtricity didnt use this kind of pipe directly.

Nice handle too.
Zero S 11k 2016

evtricity

• View Profile
    • EVTRICITY

I have been testing a few different metal cable glands and am happy with this Lapp Kabel one - https://products.lappgroup.com/online-catalogue/cable-glands/skintop-metric-nickel-plated-brass-cable-glands/skintop-ms-m/skintop-ms-m.html. The specific model # is 53112020. They have a short lower thread length which is necessary to provide sufficient clearance for the cables and PCB components that they plug into. In the attached photo, it is the cable gland on the left. They will also fit the 2x5mm cable gland inserts used for the DC cables in all of our chargers.

We will use this or a better metal cable gland for all chargers shipped going forward to prevent the issue some owners have had with a cable gland being broken during shipping.

While I don't think it's necessary to upgrade the plastic cable glands for those who already have one of our chargers, if you want to do that I can provide instructions (support@evtricity.com.au). You can purchase these specific cable glands from a range of sellers - eBay/element14/Farnell etc and cost is AUD6-12 each plus shipping.
2013 Nissan Leaf

UW4E

• View Profile

Have you a link for this parts ?
Only for Germany: https://www.conrad.de/de/winkelverschraubung-m20-messing-messing-lappkabel-skindicht-rwv-m20-x-15-1-st-600961.html

Because everything is a process of development  :)

Nice handle too.
An improvement would be, if there would be a thread directly in the top of the housing.
So, everyone can screw down a handle if desired (with not too long screws!)

Greetings,
Uwe
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 02:10:58 PM by UW4E »

grandpa

• View Profile
Re: Compact lightweight up to 8kW fast charger for under USD1600 delivered
« Reply #205 on: August 01, 2017, 02:22:51 PM »

Great news Evtricity, nice change ! Finaly you have chosen same form factor for your metalic gland than the previous plastic one :)

Because everything is a process of development  :)

Yes, no trouble.
In fact, the first thing in my mind when i unboxed my charger was : "Why, by the hell, used a PLASTIC gland on an heavy metallic box. I will have to move it very carefully".

Thanks for the links. As i have to replace 1 broken gland, i consider the option to change it by a metallic one.
The pipe seem a better option because when not in use, the connectors can stay on the charger, less constraint on the cable... And also, lower height for travel.
Conrad is also available in France, so no problem :)

Evtricity, does the output cable gland not harder to change than the input ?
Zero S 11k 2016

evtricity

• View Profile
    • EVTRICITY
« Reply #206 on: October 05, 2017, 03:54:02 PM »

Update as of 5th October - after a delay in receipt of the custom charger cases, the final double chargers will be shipping from Tuesday 10th October. There are 6 new double chargers remaining for purchase at http://evtricity.com.au/shop and these will be the final EVtricity chargers that will be offered in 2017. We will continue to provide support to all of our charger owners and truly appreciate the emails and pictures about how you've been able to enjoy longer trips on your Zeros. We've been warmly supported by almost everyone in the Zero community we've engaged with in our endeavour to provide lower cost fast charging and have shipped almost sixty 3.3-8.8kW chargers worldwide in just 5 months. A sincere thank you to all the EVtricity charger owners.

On a personal note I have been splitting my time between the EVtricity Zero chargers and a new electricity comparison and energy saving service for Australian households at https://wattever.com.au. I'll be devoting the majority of my working time to wattever.com.au over the next few months while continuing to provide support to EVtricity charger owners in 2017 and 2018. I'm also hoping to ride my SR a little more and enjoy spring and summer in Australia.

In terms of future charging solutions, we have some new Zero fast charging options - in addition to what we have provided in 2017 - that we will be evaluating over coming months. In 2018, we'll assess whether there is an opportunity to again provide fast charging options for Zero motorcycles.
2013 Nissan Leaf

kashography

• View Profile
    • e-motorrad.ch
« Reply #207 on: September 11, 2018, 03:02:41 PM »

Someone in europe wanting to sell me his used one? :) need a cheap addition to my 3.8kw chargetank. I was able to use a friends single unit with my chargetank for 2 or 3 times, works like a champ. ;D
  • 200km with one charge (was too easy)
  • 300km in a day
  • 400km in a day
  • 500km in a day (550+km)
  • 600km in a day
    driven in [5] out of 6 nearby countries

skoleskibe

• View Profile
Compact lightweight up to 8kW fast charger for under USD1600 delivered
« Reply #208 on: September 11, 2018, 03:06:29 PM »

My eVtriciy charger works just as intended.
Happy wit it ;-)
It has it’s own givi topbox with padding and securing straps. Thus at start of a long trip i just swap my normal givi to my evtricity givi.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 03:08:26 PM by skoleskibe »

Scotchman

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 11, 2018, 07:19:22 PM »

I really want one of these too.  I wish EVTricity (or someone) would make something like this again at a reasonable price.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15