• April 25, 2024, 11:08:22 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Poll

Would you be interested in purchasing a compact lightweight 3.3kW charger for USD700?

Yes, one charger for USD700 sounds great, I want one
- 25 (42.4%)
Yes Yes, I'd take two chargers for USD1250
- 12 (20.3%)
No, I need a charger that is waterproof/dustproof
- 14 (23.7%)
No, I'm happy with my current charging setup
- 4 (6.8%)
No, that price is too high for me
- 1 (1.7%)
No, I just love filling out polls
- 3 (5.1%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Author Topic: Compact lightweight up to 8kW fast charger for under USD1600 delivered  (Read 17160 times)

skoleskibe

• View Profile
Re: Compact lightweight 3.3+kW fast charger for USD700, 6.6+kW for USD1250
« Reply #180 on: July 16, 2017, 03:57:21 AM »

i did the soldering of the signal part my self (two resistors and one diode),
What kind of cable did you use?
2,5 mm² ?
3 phases contacted in the Type 2 plug?

Greetings,
Uwe
I used 2,5mmsq 3phase rubber coated wire from the mennekes connector which I fan out to two c19 connectors for the evtricity charger and one c13 connector for the onboard charger.  I soldered it all together, and wrapped it in professional heavyduty heat schrink with glue. Work like a charm, and no bulky box on the cable. Might take a picture of the mennekes tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hartmut

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 16, 2017, 11:46:46 AM »

So yesterday I tested my new 6.6 kw charger for the first time. What a great experience to see the percent going up.
My package from Australia had no damages at all and the charger as well as the mennekes work fine.
Thanks to David for this worthy charger and the perfect communication. I will start next week on a 4 weeks trip with my son together on the DS. Now the seat and not the capaticity will tell when the day ends.

What_clutch

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 17, 2017, 08:29:38 AM »

Placed an order on mine. Too bad they're already backordered! Excited for my first quick charger.

uhoherk

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 18, 2017, 04:08:02 AM »

I will be getting my 6.6 version in the coming days. Can't wait to try it out and open up the road to more riding.

grmarks

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 18, 2017, 04:58:04 AM »

Looking at this charger it would be great to be able to mount it on the bike in its own waterproof case, say, under the top box rack. Looking at my rack you would need a specially made rack to accommodate this, but there looks to be enough room there to do it, you might have to raise the top box up one or two cm but that no biggy if you are designing it from scratch. You would just open both ends of the waterproof case for charging.

I am thinking the charger would mount east/west across the bike with a bulge for the cables underneath (charger upside down).

This is for a single unit only of course.

UW4E

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 18, 2017, 02:39:09 PM »

it would be great to be able to mount it on the bike in its own waterproof case
Not allowed with these chargers, because of vibrations. Have a look in this thread: The purpose is the occasional quick charging and transport in a vibration absorbing setting.
With an electric motorcycle to Iceland - June 2018:
http://www.uw4e.de

Zero S 2015 - 41,000 km / 25,800 miles since July 2016 (Status Nov '18)

UW4E

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 23, 2017, 12:42:12 PM »

Here a short impression of charging a Zero with the 6.6 kW charger.

There seems to be new chargers in the shop (4.4 and 8.8 kW)...

@skoleskibe: Here's my new cable an plug:
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 07:04:10 PM by UW4E »
With an electric motorcycle to Iceland - June 2018:
http://www.uw4e.de

Zero S 2015 - 41,000 km / 25,800 miles since July 2016 (Status Nov '18)

oregonrider89

• Motorcycles: 2017 FX, 2015 SR, 1995 BMW GS
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 24, 2017, 12:40:52 AM »

Does anyone in the US who has ordered these have any import duty experiences to share?

I purchased a single when they first came available. David is an excellent communicator and very easy to work with. I love the charger! I have done 4 ride/charge cycles in a single day....easily over 200 miles.

I did not have to pay any import duties (Colorado).

skoleskibe

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 24, 2017, 01:24:19 AM »

Here a short impression of charging a Zero with the 6.6 kW charger.

There seems to be new chargers in the shop (4.4 and 8.8 kW)...

@skoleskibe: Here's my new cable an plug:
Nice, !  Have you ever had to use the switch? Is it a holding switch or just a spring loaded contact?

evtricity

• View Profile
    • EVTRICITY

Update as of 24th July 2017 - thank you to everyone who has purchased or shown interest in our chargers. We have now delivered close to 300kW of double and single chargers in the last two months across the USA, Europe and Australia. We're very pleased to have been able to offer Zero owners lower cost fast charging for those whose needs match the capabilities of our products.

Due to the lower demand for the single chargers and increase in cost of the rectifiers we use as the basis for these charging kits, we will only be offering the double chargers once the remaining single chargers are sold out (there are three left as of 24th July). The price of the double chargers will increase from AUD1690 to AUD1990. I've updated the thread title to recognise this as well as the Aussie dollar's increasing strength against the US dollar in recent weeks. All pricing will remain in AUD so please check the conversion for your currency. Pricing includes Express International delivery and tracking but does not include any local import duties or sales tax/VAT. We have secured supply of more rectifiers so that the next batch of double chargers will be available in September. Pre-orders are welcome as are questions to support@evtricity.com.au. We have also modified the charger power on our online shop and in this thread title to reflect the full capabilities of the chargers i.e. they are 4kW DC (4.4kW AC) and 8kW DC (8.8kW AC) for the single and double charger respectively. We are happy to configure lower current settings (and corresponding power output) if you need to be able to use the chargers on 15A or 16A circuits.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 04:59:03 AM by evtricity »
2015 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV
2013 Nissan Leaf

shayan

• View Profile

Hi,

I just wanted to check if one of these chargers can be configured to be used on Victory/Brammo Empulse motorcycles. Can i please get some more information?

I own a 2016 Victory Empulse TT.

Thanks!
-Shayan

2020 Zero SR/F standard + ChargeTank

evtricity

• View Profile
    • EVTRICITY

Hi,

I just wanted to check if one of these chargers can be configured to be used on Victory/Brammo Empulse motorcycles. Can i please get some more information?

I own a 2016 Victory Empulse TT.

Thanks!

Hi shayan,

We have sold a double charger to allow a Brammo owner to charge two Brammos simultaneously in conjunction with the existing J1772 onboard charger (so ~7kW DC each bike). However they have had to do the integration themselves to to connect into the Brammo as we don't offer a DC fast charge cable that supports that with stock Brammos as we do with Zeros.

I can get in touch with them if you like and see how they have progressed in configuring that setup.
2013 Nissan Leaf

shayan

• View Profile

That would certainly be great! It would be very helpful to know how they did the integration, especially if any new hardware like the DC fast charge cable was needed. Also, i see that the single chargers are limited in quantity. Do you plan to get more single chargers in stock in the near future?

Also, can that information please be posted in the "Brammo" section of the forum so that any Empulse owners who could be potentially interested get this information as well?

Thank you!
-Shayan
-Shayan

evtricity

• View Profile
    • EVTRICITY

That would certainly be great! It would be very helpful to know how they did the integration, especially if any new hardware like the DC fast charge cable was needed. Also, i see that the single chargers are limited in quantity. Do you plan to get more single chargers in stock in the near future?

Also, can that information please be posted in the "Brammo" section of the forum so that any Empulse owners who could be potentially interested get this information as well?

Thank you!
-Shayan

Hi Shayan,

I will endeavour to find out about the Brammo integration and if the owner is happy to share then I can post that on the forum.

At this stage we are probably not going to be making more single chargers when the remaining stock sells. The double chargers have out sold the single chargers by more than two to one and while we have been able to absorb some of the extra costs of the more expensive rectifier supply with the double chargers, there isn't sufficient margin on the single chargers to do that without a significant price increase.

2013 Nissan Leaf

shayan

• View Profile

Aah i see, it would be great information in any case. I can certainly foresee interest from the Empulse community for one of these chargers  :)

-Shayan
-Shayan

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15