• April 24, 2024, 11:51:22 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Zero's Giving Away Delta-Q's  (Read 1071 times)

mrwilsn

• 2014 Zero S / 2017 Zero SR
    • View Profile
Zero's Giving Away Delta-Q's
« on: April 03, 2017, 09:46:07 AM »

With the purchase of any Zero in the month of April.  Clearing stock perhaps?

http://www.zeromotorcycles.com/promo/charge-into-spring/
2014 Zero S

Cama

• View Profile
Re: Zero's Giving Away Delta-Q's
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 01:21:55 PM »

New buyers get one free and the old customers have to pay.

Zero raised the price for the deltaQ in Germany from 653 Euro last year to 822 Euro this year (26 %).

So that doesnt look like clearing stocks for me.
ZERO SR 2016

frodus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 08:19:14 PM »

Nice for new buyers, not so much for old!

Does anyone know what algorithm the Zero uses?
Travis

Seeth

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 09:38:26 PM »

Hm. Well, I'm hoping to buy a Zero this week; I'd rather have money off, but I'm not going to complain about getting free stuff.

ticobrahe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2017, 09:39:40 PM »

If you purchased a zero in the past month, I'd bet they would honor the promo and send you a Delta-Q if you gave them a call and asked. Further back than that and I bet your chances of success diminish greatly. 

When I purchased my '16 SR this same time last year, I bought about 2.5 weeks ((before)) they announced & ran the $1000 visa card promo. Gave em a call and they agreed to send me a card and honor the promo, no questions asked.

I suspect they run a promo around this time each year to clear bike inventory and prep for the riding months demand. Or maybe it's for tax/fiscal year #s horsetrading. Don't know, don't care, just an all around good deal if you have been thinking about picking up a zero.
2016 Zero SR
2016 Honda CRF250L
2011 Triumph America

ticobrahe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2017, 09:58:56 PM »

Hm. Well, I'm hoping to buy a Zero this week; I'd rather have money off, but I'm not going to complain about getting free stuff.

Seeth, should you pull the trigger and buy a zero, I'd be happy to buy the delta-q from you, should you not want it or wish to have a bit of cash instead (assuming you are in US; don't want to pay int'l shipping).

Same true for anybody who chats here and takes advantage of this promo but doesn't want or need the quick charger... I'm happy to buy it from you.

I see they average around $300 on US Ebay.
2016 Zero SR
2016 Honda CRF250L
2011 Triumph America

Seeth

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2017, 10:22:55 PM »

I'll keep it in mind; I'm not sure how often I'd use it, but I didn't really consider having one before.
I"ll hit you up in a few weeks after I get one if it winds up being pointless for me!

Shadow

• Global Moderator
  • 130,000mi electric since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2017, 06:50:06 AM »

Have you considered buying a used 2016 or 2017 model year Zero?   Also, I would highly recommend to wait for 2018 model year if you're convinced to buy brand new. The Zero Motorcycles lineup I don't have any insider information about, however the third party charging accessories market is still new and by that time you'll see a refinement of faster charging capabilities.

I recommend a new electric vehicle must have the ability (from OEM or as aftermarket option) to quick charge from standard electric vehicle charging stations (J1772 here in USA). I've added this capability to my bike now and I will never give up that capability now that I know the freedom of travel that comes with it.

If you're getting an FX to run around in the dirt it's another matter entirely. For the street, quick charging integral to the bike is a must, I say!

Seeth

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2017, 05:50:04 AM »

I read your post about 3 hours after Ipu the money down.
I did have that thought, though--what it comes to is that I've waited a really long time already, and, yeah, maybe the 2018 will have all the things, but then, heck, I'll trade it in. I couldn't do that before with the garbage that I had.
There's always something just a little nicer over the horizon.
I agree about the J1772 charger...I really wanted that on there now, as well, but the extra two grand isn't in the cards immediately, and I can get it on there again later. For now, I'm not suffering. Im'a get a ZERO!  woo  ;D

Shadow

• Global Moderator
  • 130,000mi electric since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2017, 06:47:30 AM »

I read your post about 3 hours after Ipu the money down.
I did have that thought, though--what it comes to is that I've waited a really long time already, and, yeah, maybe the 2018 will have all the things, but then, heck, I'll trade it in. I couldn't do that before with the garbage that I had.
There's always something just a little nicer over the horizon.
I agree about the J1772 charger...I really wanted that on there now, as well, but the extra two grand isn't in the cards immediately, and I can get it on there again later. For now, I'm not suffering. Im'a get a ZERO!  woo  ;D
The 2017 model year is a very fine bike and will serve you well for years to come, no regrets needed. I would very much recommend a good aftermarket windscreen, OEM top rack bracket, digiNow 3.3kW (they call it "4.6kW") supercharger, and possibly some drop bars and/or hand guards to protect the easily-broken front brake lever not to mention your new bike which has stupidly great amounts of torque. Congratulations!

With regards to tools, I like my Chapman Mfg midget tool kit, and the recommended Gates belt tension gauge.

First thing before you take delivery, have a belt tension gauge ready and verify the belt tension is correct. The belt tension is almost always wrong no matter how wise your dealership people are. Check and verify belt tension every ride or every other ride for the first 5000mi.

Seeth

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2017, 12:30:30 AM »

Sounds like great information. I was going to pick up the tension meter based on another set of forum posts...and I gave up and asked them to get the charge tank installed, after all. Being able to ride around and get charges more simply is just...once I got it ordered, I understood. Yeah, it's pretty irreplaceable!

I have made a wish list for my new ride, as well. In order:
    Brighter headlight xenon kind of thing $50-70
    Better horn probably Banshee, $110
    Handguard deflector (Acerbis Dual Road $126, add LED light kit, $30)
    Windshield (MRA V-Flow Universal Windshield, or the touring screen) $100-160
    Trunk/tank bag/saddlebag --god knows how much!  I love Givi (who doesn't, but $1500!), but ouch, that tag. We'll see.

---What do you think?

clay.leihy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2017, 12:49:19 AM »

Sounds like great information. I was going to pick up the tension meter based on another set of forum posts...and I gave up and asked them to get the charge tank installed, after all. Being able to ride around and get charges more simply is just...once I got it ordered, I understood. Yeah, it's pretty irreplaceable!

I have made a wish list for my new ride, as well. In order:
    Brighter headlight xenon kind of thing $50-70
    Better horn probably Banshee, $110
    Handguard deflector (Acerbis Dual Road $126, add LED light kit, $30)
    Windshield (MRA V-Flow Universal Windshield, or the touring screen) $100-160
    Trunk/tank bag/saddlebag --god knows how much!  I love Givi (who doesn't, but $1500!), but ouch, that tag. We'll see.

---What do you think?
I use one of these for commuting, really like it.
Givi E26NC-S Top Case with Brake Light
Got it on eBay for about $65.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Clay
DoD #2160,6
Pages: [1]