• March 19, 2024, 11:02:17 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Right turning signal died  (Read 524 times)

scorpion32

• View Profile
Right turning signal died
« on: April 03, 2017, 04:45:13 AM »

Just prior to my rides i always check the brakes, turning signals, lights, etc.
Well, today the right turning signal was not working.  :(.

As a result i had to cancel the ride and had to found the reason for this. First assumption was that the bulb is probably defect, but it was not.
After a closer look at the connection cable of the right turning signal i saw that the plug connector behind the bulb housing was just "broken off".  >:(.
How can this happen? I never ever had such a failure on any of my other vehicles. Just ordered some new plug connectors and a crimping tool.
I really hope that not all connections on the zero are in such a fragile quality. Maybe thats the reason why they glue such a lot connections.

In the attachment is a pic with the broken off connector plug (+ signal connector still there, - signal connector broken off),

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
Re: Right turning signal died
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 09:44:06 AM »

That is pretty unusual. I've noticed that the routing and fastening behind the headlamp are potentially vulnerable to getting caught by the steering column, and I wound up wearing on a headlamp wire that way until I noticed the headlight flicker.

Of course, this is because of an LED headlamp replacement. The stock wiring was fine.

I don't think the connector quality is any different from my V-Strom's, though. Maybe it's just a crazy accident that something bumped into it?
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS
Pages: [1]