• May 11, 2024, 09:12:46 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Sell your junk  (Read 1206 times)

chdfarl

• View Profile
Sell your junk
« on: November 19, 2009, 10:41:21 PM »

Do any of you have damaged components? Id like to experiment with mods and would rather not dismantle expensive parts so if you burnt something out instead of throwing it out or in a pile email me and i might pay you some money towards a new one kinda like cash for clunkers but dont think im paying top doller its only to experiment and ill post my findings for the community to see.

frodus

• View Profile
Re: Sell your junk
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 02:46:03 PM »

I've got a 1hp continuous rated PM motor..... Its GE and its from a forklift, its brand new, needs some modifications to get the shaft to couple to something, but if you pay shipping and $25 its yours.... its about 20-25lbs. It would go good in a go-kart or small motorcycle, but its also a good bench test motor.
Travis

chdfarl

• View Profile
Re: Sell your junk
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 11:13:02 PM »

Hi Frodus your offer is appreciated ill think it over the thing is I was looking at some of the commonly used motors like the etek or an ADC. The why is that they have their specs posted and there are tons of people that use them that way I could gauge my findings. Id like to find a sepex motor that is burnt out. I figure there are a few people that have that sad story. I plan to experiment with windings bearings timing cooling ect.... but id like to start with something that’s not working but the base specs are known that way if I burn it out or mess it up its not a 500-1500 dollar loss. I have a few motors even a big ole aircraft starter but id hate to rip it apart
Pages: [1]