• March 29, 2024, 01:14:40 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Market Testing Vinyl Wrap Kit  (Read 945 times)

mrwilsn

• 2014 Zero S / 2017 Zero SR
    • View Profile
Market Testing Vinyl Wrap Kit
« on: April 02, 2017, 08:11:54 PM »

Hey guys and gals!

I put a vinyl wrap that I really love on the battery of my 2014 Zero S.  Check it out! As you can see the wrap is reflective and is really great for extra visibility when you get hit by headlights.

The plan was always to do the battery first to see how I like it and then consider wrapping other parts of the bike too.  Well, I did like it....a lot....but since I already had a new bike in my sights I decided to wait.  Now that I have my 2017 Zero SR, I wrapped the battery and the wheels and put a couple stripes up the tail.  More pics!

I am considering offering a kit to those that might want to do the same to their bikes.  The kit would come with the vinyl wrap pre cut to the shape of the battery, the wheels and the stripes for the tail (works great even if you have the stock tail).  All you would have to do is line it up and stick it on after cleaning the surface.  This is a high quality vinyl wrap from 3M.  It's an 'air release' or 'breathing' wrap which means that air can pass through the wrap.  This is really important when you are applying it because it makes it super easy to get out all the bubbles.

Sound off on this post if you would be interested in buying a kit and what color you would want.  Cost would be about $75 and would include a little extra material that can be used to cut into your own custom shapes if you want to personalize your bike further....or your helmet!  I could also include additional material with the kit priced by the square foot.

For a premium, a printed pattern could be applied to the wrap for the battery.  For example, how about making your battery look like it is made up of hundreds of duracell batteries?  Or making it yellow and printing a label on it with the battery info on it like kWh, Ah, pack voltage, C charge/discharge rates etc. to make it look like a pack you would put in an RC car or plane?

Let me know what you guys think!
2014 Zero S

Shadow

• Global Moderator
  • 130,000mi electric since 2016
    • View Profile
Re: Market Testing Vinyl Wrap Kit
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 11:45:46 PM »

Interesting. Not sure what, exactly, but I do want something retro reflective and safety focused on my bike for the side profiles.

gyrocyclist

• Zero. Because motorcycles should be seen and not heard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 04:24:19 AM »

I like it a lot; would likely be a "go" for me at $75. I like your choice of color (mine bike is also red).  I'm personally not interested in your suggested customizations; they sound cool, I'd just rather spend my $ elsewhere (upgraded head lights, turn signals, etc).

I do have a concern that wrapping parts of the bike in vinyl could interfere with heat dissipation.
2018 SR
2016 Honda CB500X
2022 BMW F900XR

tamjam

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 04:35:29 AM »

Count me in. Need to think about what color though.
2016 DSR

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 06:58:37 AM »

I'm interested, but can't figure out what I'd prefer right now. Maybe in a week.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS
Pages: [1]