• April 26, 2024, 12:37:27 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: First zero emission motorcycle race and FIM  (Read 1716 times)

chdfarl

• View Profile
First zero emission motorcycle race and FIM
« on: November 19, 2009, 10:31:27 PM »

Warning: This post is likely to be contraversal but its time someone said it.

First I would like to say that i am a fan of the TTXGP. In fact I was so excited when I heard that there would be an electric class in the TT. That being said there is one thing that few people seem to know. THERE HAS BEEN AN ELECTRIC MOTORCYCLE RACE SANCTION BY THE FIM FOR YEARS! That class was in the Alt. Energy races in Europe. It was quite small with only two teams that I know of ( Team Betti Moto and Elettro racing ) both italian teams. Team Betti Moto spearheaded by Thomas Betti whos name you might recognize from the reports that the TTXGP had shown up to do some exhabiton laps at a world supperbike event still has an unmaintained website http://www.bettimoto.com/ita/index.asp. At least five years back I discovered that fact and thought id show it to you guys. Like I said im not trying to defame the TTXGP but when I hear it said that they are doing something revolutionary its not exactly the case. I think Betti Moto Racing and Elettro Racing should be acknowledged for being the pioneers of electric road racing.

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: First zero emission motorcycle race and FIM
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 04:27:04 AM »

Great find. I knew Betti was going to compete in TTXGP this year. Wonder why they missed 2009.

I'll do more research into this.

chdfarl

• View Profile
Re: First zero emission motorcycle race and FIM
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 11:25:39 AM »

It seems i was wrong when i said they raced in FIM it was in fact FIA as in formula 1 heres a link

http://www.fia.com/en-GB/sport/championships/Pages/alternative.aspx
Pages: [1]