• April 24, 2024, 12:13:23 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: Zero Customer Service  (Read 10066 times)

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
Re: Zero Customer Service
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2017, 09:23:00 PM »

Does anyone from Zero monitor this forum?  Is there any way to bring this particular thread to their attention?
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

kashography

• View Profile
    • e-motorrad.ch
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2017, 10:20:28 PM »

There is one or another Zero employee on the forum, they will see this..

my dealer got the broken bms yesterday, after 5weeks or a bit more. Now its installed but there is no throttle response and a zero engeneer can not look into it till monday. So when it goes good and my dealter just made a little mistake, i have my bike back after 6 weeks (edit: totally 6 weeks of course, not another). When not, it takes even longer. No bike for me, but a lot of anger. I've to monitor this. Zero got a new CEO and a new Head of their Business in Europe. Maybe something changes now.

By the way: KIA is showing how its done. A friend of mine has a KIA Sould EV. His charger broke down, no warranty anymore. They cheched the error-codes and it was a known problem, so it was still replaced on warranty. But they had no charger stock in europe. He brought the car to the dealership in frieday. Over the weekend they sent the charger from Corea by plane. On monday it was installed and redy to go... That's customer care
  • 200km with one charge (was too easy)
  • 300km in a day
  • 400km in a day
  • 500km in a day (550+km)
  • 600km in a day
    driven in [5] out of 6 nearby countries

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2017, 10:58:21 PM »

That's good to know kash, I also have Kia Soul EV.

I hope this topic does Zero a favour in the long run. If nobody moans, nothing changes.

domingo3

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2017, 10:59:57 PM »

I am confused about who is responsible for the breakdown - Zero or the dealers.  Some of the stories I've heard seem to point towards the dealer being lazy about getting the repair done and pointing the finger at Zero.  Other stories seem to clearly implicate Zero.
  What I don't understand is how some dealers can provide such great support and other dealers are so crappy.  Sure, Hollywood Electrics has more in-house expertise and some more spare parts in inventory, but they don't have everything and still need to interface with Zero HQ for warranty issues, remote diagnostics, and parts support.  Why would Zero answer a call from one dealer, but blow another one off for weeks or months at a time?  They may be on a first name basis with the high volume dealers, but it just doesn't make sense that they would hinder getting these bikes (mine included) back on the road.
2016 Zero FXS 2018 Zero FXS 2016 SR

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2017, 11:42:09 PM »

There's a third party in the relationship too, the customer. I've said that I've been looked after by my dealers; courtesy bikes and generally a good attitude. However, I've still had to chase. If I've not heard anything for a few days, I call. I've called Zero and spoken to Aaron. I've emailed. I've complained. I badger my dealer regularly. I turned up there unannounced a couple of days ago.  It's tiresome but it has to be done.

It shouldn't be necessary, but it is. I find there are very few people out there who are genuinely on top of their workload. Most of them aren't organised at all and find themselves just reacting to the latest thing that has hit their mailbox. Or the last phonecall. After they've been working like that for a few years they just think that chaos is the norm. When they find themselves with a quiet moment they're so exhausted they do nothing. Essentially, they end up relying on the people that want something from them to keep reminding them about what they need to do. All the phone calls and emails are a terrible waste of time for everyone, but if they stop then nothing happens.

The trouble is that once you're in that hole, it's very difficult to get out of it. You're putting out fires all the time. There's no time to do anything proactive and it just becomes a grind. Instead of doing the things that will reduce the constant stream of emails, phone calls and threatening letters, they just become masters at fobbing people off.  It's somebody else's fault, there's this excuse or that one, etc.

Zero have been in this hole with their customer service for years it seems. It means it's down to the customer to make things happen, which is the wrong way round.

kashography

• View Profile
    • e-motorrad.ch
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2017, 11:54:27 PM »

in my case the dealer is very enthousiastic about zero and tried to fix my bike as fast as possible.. He calls as soon as they are late and he gets excused another week, then he calls again, and again,.. Its a good dude an he hopes that it gets better with the new staff

He has also a normal motorcycle shop with gas bikes. I heard from other dealers that only do solar stuff etc, and they may not have the same experience in working on bikes. So bad and unprofessional things happen while working on the bikes, what's sad to hear..

I wrote some mails direct to zero, but they go to the nirvana as it seems.. so my only choice is to talk to my dealer. And i slowly feel sorry for him, because it seems that hes does all he can, but zero lets him down in having horrible deliverytimes for pretty "normal" parts (my bms is special, i know)
  • 200km with one charge (was too easy)
  • 300km in a day
  • 400km in a day
  • 500km in a day (550+km)
  • 600km in a day
    driven in [5] out of 6 nearby countries

madcow

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2017, 03:17:31 AM »

In my experience - as I have dealt with two seperate dealers - it really depends.

First, the repair was to be done in France where I also ordered a top case rack (which I paid in advance). I called the dealer several times, gave him my mail adress and I visited him in person one or two times. Over the course of 6 weeks he didn't get ANYTHING done. So after moving to Germany again I wrote a mail to Zero Europe and asked for my money or the dealer sending the parts to me. It tourned out he forgot my case and was very sorry. It took like 2 days and I had a refund and a very actively reacting dealer now who couldn't stop apologising. It seemed as if the pressure by Zero made things work.

In the second case I was at my German dealership which has enthusiastic staff who themselves drive Zeros. They are the only dealer in a wide area (including Berlin) and if one can believe them they are consequently increasing their Zero sales. The owner and a certain mechanic personally care for the Zero customers and so far it seems to me they are into the tech and know what they are doing. That is in no way self-evident since they also a run a far larger Honda business. Here, it already takes 5 weeks to get a new rear sprocket. The dealer assured me he regularily talks to Zero and reminds them of my case but they can't even give an expected date of arrival. Again, in no way do I have insight into the internal procedures but it seems to me that in this case Zero is lagging behind with the lame excuse of having moved their European HQ. By the dealer information I received they are apparently moving since November last year. Either it is an excuses, really difficult situation or they are misorganised.

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2017, 04:05:40 PM »

A quick update:

The new rear wheel was due a week ago and there is still no sign of it. Five weeks and counting for an issue that shouldn't have taken more than a week. Despicable, Zero!

I'm now of the opinion that owning a Zero motorcycle for its intended purpose, to ride it to work in my case, isn't viable. A commuter bike should have top notch customer service to ensure customers are back on the road as soon as possible.

If I'd bought the bike just for pleasure, I'd still expect better service than this.

Seeth

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2017, 12:41:04 AM »

I confess at this point to being terrified of the possibility that I have invested in another electric bike that will let me down. I literally am in this for the ease of maintenance. 

But it sort of sounds like mechanics are as fault at least as often as Zero...?

nevetsyad

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2017, 01:25:44 AM »

A lot of it depends on where you live. If you're near LA or the factory up north in California, you're golden. Your bike will be fixed by experts in days. If you're on the East Coast, the dealers are all new to it and don't know how to do anything besides sell Zeros and call Zero support.
2023 Energica Experia
2022 Lightning Strike (reservation)
2021 Energica Eva Ribelle (For Sale)
2020 Zero SR/S (sold)
2018 Zero DSR (sold)
2015 Zero SR (Lets call it sold)

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2017, 04:47:47 AM »

A lot of it depends on where you live. If you're near LA or the factory up north in California, you're golden. Your bike will be fixed by experts in days. If you're on the East Coast, the dealers are all new to it and don't know how to do anything besides sell Zeros and call Zero support.

You can blame the factory for that, too.  There is NO service manual... not even for the dealer mechanics.
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

nevetsyad

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2017, 04:53:40 AM »

Dealers can pay to attend Zero training. They have to get some sort of material while there, no?
2023 Energica Experia
2020 Zero SR/S (sold)
2018 Zero DSR (sold)

dukecola

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2017, 11:56:31 PM »

My east coast dealer sent mechanics and salesmen to Zero HQ. They assembled a bike from scratch and mechanic received required training.

nevetsyad

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2017, 12:02:23 AM »

My bike is at the third dealership on the East Coast now, I'm hoping they have that kind of dedication. First one dropped Zero because they took a month to send them a charger. Second one was a scammer and lier. Really hopeful about this third one.
2023 Energica Experia
2020 Zero SR/S (sold)
2018 Zero DSR (sold)

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2017, 03:50:27 AM »

The two dealers I've dealt with in the UK have sent mechanics to the Netherlands for training. I think that's great!

I wonder if my local dealer will continue with Zero after this experience though.  I can't see that there's any proper money in it for them, just aggro from bad service and unhappy customers. Their demo bikes are 2016 models, which speaks volumes to me.  I'll see what next week brings, but as much as I love my bike, it has turned into a liability.  I don't want it off the road for weeks when there is a problem and there have been too many problems already.

I'm sure I'll feel better once my bike is back in my hands, but my mind has started straying back to more tried and tested ICE bikes with a proper support network.  It's really sad.  Hopefully my next post on this topic will be more positive.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11