• April 26, 2024, 01:12:20 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: Zero Customer Service  (Read 10070 times)

Richard230

• View Profile
Re: Zero Customer Service
« Reply #135 on: June 16, 2017, 07:27:45 PM »

Thank you for the advise MostlyBonkers! I sent an e-mail directly to Aaron. Let's see if he will reply

I am beginning to get really tired with dealing this situation. Over 6 months without the bike, dozens of e-mails sent to the dealer, multiple visits to the dealer to talk about the situation... It feels really wrong that I should see so much trouble just to get decent customer service!

Kind of makes you wonder how your dealer is feeling about being a Zero franchise right about now. If other motorcycle retail dealers hear about issues like this that is not going to help expand the Zero sales network.  :(
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #136 on: June 16, 2017, 09:54:18 PM »

Thank you for the advise MostlyBonkers! I sent an e-mail directly to Aaron. Let's see if he will reply

I am beginning to get really tired with dealing this situation. Over 6 months without the bike, dozens of e-mails sent to the dealer, multiple visits to the dealer to talk about the situation... It feels really wrong that I should see so much trouble just to get decent customer service!

Kind of makes you wonder how your dealer is feeling about being a Zero franchise right about now. If other motorcycle retail dealers hear about issues like this that is not going to help expand the Zero sales network.  :(

Hang out on a forum where one of the Piaggio-owned brands (Moto Guzzi, Aprilia, Vespa, Piaggio) is discussed some time.  You can commiserate with them.  :P
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

maggot

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 17, 2017, 12:54:19 AM »

Aaron Cheatham replied very promptly to my e-mail. He seems like an attentive guy. I think I'm slowly getting my faith back on Zero.  :)

Shadow

• Global Moderator
  • 130,000mi electric since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 17, 2017, 01:04:11 AM »

Aaron Cheatham replied very promptly to my e-mail. He seems like an attentive guy. I think I'm slowly getting my faith back on Zero.  :)
He's a super guy and showed me the trick to doing belt alignment. When my dealer was confused and doing it their way unsuccessfully (all day long) to contact Zero via phone for a BMS firmware update, I called and Aaron answered, we had the matter resolved within the hour.

What I gather is that it can be difficult to even be aware of the communication breakdowns, and it's a better long-term investment of resources to fix the process than to track down every single Zero owner and survey them to try and fix problems one-by-one. If the process was broken at some point in the past, or a bad sub-contracted employee somewhere in the supply chain, you end up with this gap in service that is difficult to address.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 01:06:07 AM by Shadow »

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 17, 2017, 01:38:37 AM »

You are most welcome maggot. Feel free to send me your email address and I'll reply back so you've got mine. That way I might me able to help some more; reviewing emails before you send them, giving my opinion on any responses etc.  I know people often don't want to post that kind of stuff on a forum and often it would be inappropriate to do so.

I'm happy to extend that offer to anyone else reading this thread too. Despite going through a lot of hassle, I do feel I've had some success with Zero. If I can help any of you make some progress with your issues, then I would find that rewarding. It might even help Zero out a bit too, which I would like. I discovered that Zero do deserve some faith and hope to see others taken care of.  After all, their bikes are an absolute joy to ride and it's a shame to hear that bikers are being denied that pleasure for long periods.

It's up to you, but do follow up with that phone call I recommended next week. If you can get verbal confirmation that your email has been received, then there's a much better chance of it getting some attention.

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 17, 2017, 01:48:34 AM »

Great news maggot! I was writing my last post when you sent your update, so I've only just seen it.

One of the most effective things Zero could do is give Aaron an Assistant. I think Jennifer may be helping a lot here. She sometimes answers the phone and she was very helpful and understanding when I spoke to her. I don't know what Jennifer's role is, but she seems to be making a difference!

Do keep us posted maggot, we all want to see things work out for you, and everyone else with issues for that matter.

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 17, 2017, 01:57:48 AM »

He's a super guy and showed me the trick to doing belt alignment. When my dealer was confused and doing it their way unsuccessfully (all day long) to contact Zero via phone for a BMS firmware update, I called and Aaron answered, we had the matter resolved within the hour.

What I gather is that it can be difficult to even be aware of the communication breakdowns, and it's a better long-term investment of resources to fix the process than to track down every single Zero owner and survey them to try and fix problems one-by-one. If the process was broken at some point in the past, or a bad sub-contracted employee somewhere in the supply chain, you end up with this gap in service that is difficult to address.

Spot on Shadow! I think you've nailed it there. Thanks also for the story about how Aaron helped you out.

There's hope folks and we may just see some more good news on this front soon. Great stuff! :-)

maggot

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 17, 2017, 02:20:11 PM »

Do keep us posted maggot, we all want to see things work out for you, and everyone else with issues for that matter.
Things seem to move pretty fast now.  :) Apparently the MBB just arrived at the Zero Eu headquarters in Rotterdam. It should be sent to Finland via express shipping on Monday. My frustration is beginning to fade day by day.  :)

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 17, 2017, 02:34:57 PM »

Things seem to move pretty fast now.  :) Apparently the MBB just arrived at the Zero Eu headquarters in Rotterdam. It should be sent to Finland via express shipping on Monday. My frustration is beginning to fade day by day.  :)

That is fantastic maggot! If your dealer is able to jump on it when the MBB arrives, you might be back on your bike by the end of next week. 

I think there's a valuable lesson to be learnt for us all here.  Communications are at the core of these Customer Service issues. Therefore, if anybody out there is having difficulty, work on communication being the weak link.  Unfortunately that means being proactive and chasing our dealers and Zero directly ourselves.

It sounds like Aaron's mailbox is getting a lot more attention, so hopefully we'll see improvements regardless.  However, there are bound to be folks out there that are still suffering. An email to Aaron could be worthwhile.

This topic started with lots of negativity and frustration. It has certainly taken a turn for the better! I'm really happy with the way this is going.

maggot

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 17, 2017, 03:22:43 PM »

That is fantastic maggot! If your dealer is able to jump on it when the MBB arrives, you might be back on your bike by the end of next week. 
That's what I'm hoping!  :D

Ndm

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 17, 2017, 06:41:23 PM »

Ideally this situation would be a good place for zero to start the analysis of why it happened, not just chalk it up as a win, learn from it and put processes​ in place to make sure it's not the norm
2013 zero S  ZF13.0 , 2017 chevy bolt, 2008 IGO Titan bike

maggot

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 30, 2017, 01:22:07 AM »

Finally! I got my SR back from the dealer after months of waiting! I'm super pleased to enjoy the smooth electric ride again!  ;D I was giggling like a little girl after the first acceleration (and all the way back to my home).
It seems as it would also have some more power than before. That might though be due not riding the bike for a very long time. I doubt that new battery pack and MBB would affect the power anyway.

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 30, 2017, 01:44:15 AM »

Great news maggot! I wish you many, many miles of trouble free riding to make up for it.

maggot

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 30, 2017, 05:53:34 PM »

Thanks MostlyBonkers! I hope this was all the trouble I have to endure with the bike. Waiting for the warranty repair was frustrating, but on the bright side, I gained 0.5kWh of energy with the new battery pack!

Electric Terry

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 30, 2017, 10:02:55 PM »

Finally! I got my SR back from the dealer after months of waiting! I'm super pleased to enjoy the smooth electric ride again!  ;D I was giggling like a little girl after the first acceleration (and all the way back to my home).
It seems as it would also have some more power than before. That might though be due not riding the bike for a very long time. I doubt that new battery pack and MBB would affect the power anyway.

Great to hear you got the bike back and its working great for you!

And your senses do not fail you.  One of the benefits you got for all your wait is a pack that has much less internal resistance than your 2015 pack, and added to the extra half kWh of battery, you get a little less voltage sag under full throttle now then with the older pack.  So you are correct the bike is a little faster than before!

If the 2015 pack sagged to 100v from 116 under full load, and the 13.0 pack only sags to 104 from 116 than 4 volts times 660 amps is about 2.5 kW or about 3 horsepower!  Woohoo!
100,000+ all electric miles on Zero Motorcycles - 75,000+ on a 2012 Zero S and 35,000+ miles on a 2015 Zero SR
http://www.facebook.com/electricterry
http://instagram.com/electricterry
https://twitter.com/electricterry
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11