• April 26, 2024, 05:33:50 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Electric motorcycles from Mugen  (Read 455 times)

Alan Stewart

• Electric Transportation Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Alan
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR

Doug S

• View Profile
Re: Electric motorcycles from Mugen
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 02:59:57 AM »

Wow, what fantastic news! With Victory dropping out, and none of the ICE manufacturers doing anything more than dabbling, the electric motorcycle market needs all the hardcore manufacturers it can get. And it doesn't get much more hardcore than the current dominant force at the TT Zero!

I'd love to see them expand their racing program, as well. How cool would it be to see them repeat Lightning's victory at Pike's Peak, maybe even set the all-time two-wheeled record? Range is still inadequate for full-length races, but it seems like it would be possible to swap batteries in a pit stop, similar to refueling an ICE bike. It's time for the electron-powered machines to step up and compete in the open divisions. Too many people still think of EVs as underpowered, expensive toys, and it's time for that perception to change. EVs are NOT the future. EVs are today.
There's no better alarm clock than sunlight on asphalt.

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 04:49:56 AM »

Well, I am not sure about that Honda "Monster".  It looks more like a styling exercise than a future production motorcycle to me.  ???
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

clay.leihy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 06:15:19 AM »

Well, I am not sure about that Honda "Monster".  It looks more like a styling exercise than a future production motorcycle to me.  ???
Skeleton powered by a chainsaw - can't get more badass than that!

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Clay
DoD #2160,6

Justin Andrews

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 04:43:54 PM »

Raises another interesting question.

Much like Smart is the mini car side of Mercedes-Benz, will Mugen morph into the electric motorcycle side of Honda's business?
Zero 2015 SR (+PT);
Yamaha Diversion 900
Pages: [1]