• April 26, 2024, 10:34:16 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Testing over charge, showing cell balance, and cutback  (Read 583 times)

Electric Cowboy

• View Profile
    • Miller's Premium Brand Electrons : YouTube
Testing over charge, showing cell balance, and cutback
« on: March 24, 2017, 11:54:50 AM »

Hey guys, I decided to test some over charging tonight. Note this is not great for your battery, but is not dangerous ;) The sevcon size 6 is a finicky thing it either let's you charge to 116 ish or 118ish or anywhere in-between. Luck of the draw. So tonight I reprogrammed a charger to do 117.4v charge. Hooligans it 6 miles home at 70mph/113kph and got home at 98% soc.

BTW over charging is not a feature supported in the stock SCv2 this is for testing purposes only.

[emoji91] Note* I did a 1C charge in the screen shots you can see why I say everyone with a 2016 or older bike should only trust the voltage until they unplug the onboard or key cycle their bike. The SOC and Watt hours remaining will correct itself with the latest firmware in these instances. Pretty much nothing is accurate when charging this fast other than Charging Amps, Charging watts, and voltage.

After hooliganing it home :

With the slow down as it approaches the max voltage I have programmed, you can see why on road trips Terry and I often leave at 114-115v to save time instead of topping off.

Posted this just to get 3 birds with one stone :
1 cutback
2 balance
3 overcharging

FYI the stock SCv2 does not have overcharging built in this is only for testing and or insane road tripping members of the Electric Cowboy's. Leaving your battery at this high state of charge is not healthy and the bike should be ridden as soon as possible 🤠 Again not a feature in the stock SCv2.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Pages: [1]