• April 25, 2024, 04:27:33 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Waiting weeks for parts. is this normal?  (Read 1492 times)

kashography

• View Profile
    • e-motorrad.ch
Waiting weeks for parts. is this normal?
« on: March 21, 2017, 05:34:20 PM »

Hi there

First: im Swiss, so in the middle of Europe, but not in the EU.
Last October the BMS broke of my SR2016. My dealer got the bike und hooked up with Zero. They ordered the new part, what as they said was not stock in europe. So they had to deliver it from the USA. That took about 5 weeks.

Over winter i ordered a charge-tank, which was installted by my dealer in mid february, right before the good weather startet to pull up. Then, after that, while hooking the bike up with zero, they again gave out a service-bulletin. The battery management had to be replaced. I dont know if this is the same part as last year, all i know is, that the bike was not driven after the replacement. If this is because the chargetank was installed (new BMS?) they should send it together with the charge tank, not when its alredy installed. So i think it's something different..

This things can happen, no problem. The bad part is though, that i'm again waiting 4 weeks now for this part, and i'm getting angry. I alredy wrote zero a mail with this feedback, heard nothing back.

The 12V-Accessory Socket took about 2 Months too, lucky i did not need this to drive arround..

Maybe its because i'm in europe, and they dont have all the pars stock here (what's a bad idea if you ask me). And maybe its even because i'm in Switzerland, what may be even worse for the shipping times.
So im interested what your experiences are.
  • 200km with one charge (was too easy)
  • 300km in a day
  • 400km in a day
  • 500km in a day (550+km)
  • 600km in a day
    driven in [5] out of 6 nearby countries

Skidz

• View Profile
Re: Waiting weeks for parts. is this normal?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 05:47:07 PM »

The European HQ is about 35km's from the dealer I bought my Zero from, but I also had to wait 4 weeks for delivery of my charge tank... Seems they have little to no warehousing for parts. Shipping takes about 5 days so that couldn't be the problem...

hubert

• '14 Zero S, nuke charged
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 07:02:35 PM »

You mean, there is no warehousing of (some) parts even at the California HQ? Possible, indeed...
2014 Zero S
Velomobile "Quest"
Mitsubishi i-MiEV

kashography

• View Profile
    • e-motorrad.ch
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 07:09:41 PM »

You mean, there is no warehousing of (some) parts even at the California HQ? Possible, indeed...
I think (hope) they have in California. They have to, right? But not in Europe, at least not a lot
  • 300km in a day
  • 400km in a day
  • 600km in a day

Skidz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 07:55:01 PM »

The thing is, that if you ship stuff with FedEx, it takes 5 days to get from Texas to the NL for example. So from ZeroHQ the time would be the same-ish. Handling an order? 2 days at most. So sending stuff shouldn't take more then 2 weeks at most. If it's longer it either means they have no stock, they have not enough people to fulfill all the orders, or they are just lazy bastards ;)

kashography

• View Profile
    • e-motorrad.ch
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2017, 09:06:25 PM »

They told my dealer that they've shipped it with FedEx. But are you sure that takes only 5 days?! I Would imagine its much more..

I have some new information from my dealer. Apparently, the europe-headquarter has moved into another building, so that has slowed down things definitely too. But it took as long before they moved, so i think that they just dont have things stock and/or are not enough people..

What also concernes me a lot is this. My dealer told me that the bms died in winter while the bike stood at the dealer doing nothing. The same as in october, as i went to start the bike in the morning but the bms was broken. They dont know why, so that's scary. If this keeps happening, im srewed..  :-[
  • 300km in a day
  • 400km in a day
  • 600km in a day

madcow

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2017, 01:40:38 AM »

Having the very same promblem atm.

Been giving a replacement of the belt and rear sprocket + ordered a top case rack. Dealer said it should take about a week or two. Now I'm in week four since none of the ordered parts has arrived at the dealer yet. Been planing top ride the motorcycle for months as my french dealer messed up the same order for more than 6 weeks  in november/december last year. Yet the situation isn't too Bad because the motorcycle season im Germany usually hasn't really started this time of the year.

kashography

• View Profile
    • e-motorrad.ch
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2017, 04:16:16 PM »

By the way, I got my bike back since yesterday. Its go good feeling to ride again, makes me almost forget the long time without it. But only almost :-P

First public charge for me with the new chargetank :D
By the way. I knot that there are faster alternatives. But after the problems with the bms, i don't want to get accused to voiding the warranty if something dies again.. I imagin this was a 1000$ repair at least
  • 300km in a day
  • 400km in a day
  • 600km in a day

hubert

• '14 Zero S, nuke charged
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2017, 04:26:19 PM »

Good that it got repaired, at last...

The type1-type2 cable seems slightly short, hmm?

Funny, the little bicycle bell on the handlebar!
2014 Zero S
Velomobile "Quest"
Mitsubishi i-MiEV

Skidz

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2017, 04:27:57 PM »

The cable supplied with the charge tank is kina short indeed, I made another that's about 1,5m longer.

kashography

• View Profile
    • e-motorrad.ch
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2017, 04:40:27 PM »

Good that it got repaired, at last...

The type1-type2 cable seems slightly short, hmm?

Funny, the little bicycle bell on the handlebar!

Yes the cable is not very long, but it looks smaller than it is on this angle. When they would remove this dumb pillers on the ground, i would have had more space :)

And yeah, I'm really enjoying that bicycle bell ;D You see a lot of funny faces :o
  • 300km in a day
  • 400km in a day
  • 600km in a day

tamjam

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2017, 06:40:59 PM »

Loving that green! Wrapped or painted?
2016 DSR

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2017, 08:30:50 PM »

Regarding the parts wait:  I keep thinking that Zero likely initially only orders enough parts from their overseas suppliers to build the number of bikes that they have planned for the year and no more.  Then when a problem arises and they need some extra loose spare parts, they don't have any on hand that are not already reserved for the factory's motorcycle production.  Ordering new parts from their suppliers is likely a real hassle as they probably moved on to other customers and want a large order from Zero before starting up another production line again. So I can see why Zero has trouble shipping out replacement parts and why they don't have any good excuses (that would satisfy their customers or their retail dealers) when these parts are needed to keep their customers on the road.   :(  I also have a feeling that the "bean counters" at Zero have a lot of influence on their day-to-day operations.   ;)
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2017, 10:18:20 PM »

FWIW, it took nearly three weeks to get a replacement seat bolt for my 2016 Zero S.  I tried just matching the threads at the local Ace Hardware, but couldn't find a bolt of the proper length with the correct threading.
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

kashography

• View Profile
    • e-motorrad.ch
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2017, 11:30:12 AM »

Loving that green! Wrapped or painted?

painted. i have posted an will post some more pictures http://electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=6783.0

Regarding the parts wait:  I keep thinking that Zero likely initially only orders enough parts from their overseas suppliers to build the number of bikes that they have planned for the year and no more.  Then when a problem arises and they need some extra loose spare parts, they don't have any on hand that are not already reserved for the factory's motorcycle production.  Ordering new parts from their suppliers is likely a real hassle as they probably moved on to other customers and want a large order from Zero before starting up another production line again. So I can see why Zero has trouble shipping out replacement parts and why they don't have any good excuses (that would satisfy their customers or their retail dealers) when these parts are needed to keep their customers on the road.   :(  I also have a feeling that the "bean counters" at Zero have a lot of influence on their day-to-day operations.   ;)
But how can they sustain spare parts 10 years from now when they alredy strugle? This could be a mess, but they surely thought of this too. I would love to hear about their stragedy for the processes now and for the future
  • 300km in a day
  • 400km in a day
  • 600km in a day
Pages: [1] 2