• April 26, 2024, 10:00:15 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Unfair Alternative Georgia Fuel Fee  (Read 1678 times)

Killroy

• View Profile
Re: Unfair Alternative Georgia Fuel Fee
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2017, 11:04:13 AM »

Bottom line guys I think we're all in agreement that electric bike owners like car owners should have to pay their share of road tax,  but that is not what's happening, I'm paying more tax ($200) on my little bike than almost any other electric car owner in the US.

In other words . . . Some rich Californian can drive his big ass heavy 5000 lb Tesla Cage around and pay nothing for gas tax because us redneck bike riders in Georgia and other states are going to pay for his road tax. 

It’s an absolute Joke  . . . Where government once provided financial incentives to people who drive ultra-fuel-efficient cars and bikes with no emissions to help preserve the air - will now penalize them for it.

I fairly sure even rich Tesla owners in California pay sales tax which is ~36 years of EV Road taxes in Georgia.

The dirty secret about fuel taxes is that they are not enough to cover the cost of building and maintaining the roads.  The average across the US is that fuel taxes and user fees only cover 1/2 of the cost of the roads, even in California.  The Tax Foundation has put together all of this. https://taxfoundation.org/gasoline-taxes-and-user-fees-pay-only-half-state-local-road-spending/  So that means that other taxes, like sales taxes pay for the road.  So everyone pays even if you don't drive a car.  I'm not saying that is right, but raising fuel taxes (and taxes on EVs) is not really popular. 

Doug S

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2017, 08:36:27 PM »

I'm not saying that is right, but raising fuel taxes (and taxes on EVs) is not really popular.

There are no popular taxes, though raising taxes on tobacco and alcohol never raises much of a fuss. Apparently we'd rather tax "sinners" for their "sinful" deeds than the rest of us innocent lambs. I've never been a smoker but I've paid more than my share of alcohol tax, I'm sure.

On the other hand, if we want public resources/facilities like roads, libraries, schools, fire and police departments, etc., somehow we've got to pay for them. I've never heard anybody squawk about how the streets are too smooth.
There's no better alarm clock than sunlight on asphalt.

nevetsyad

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2017, 10:48:04 PM »

Roads, libraries, schools, fire and police departments, etc. cost a of fraction of what we pay federal, state and local taxes on. Have to spend 60 billion of advanced planes and keeping troops in 144 countries, while bombing 7. Then there's billions more for social programs. Meanwhile, schools have an 80% pass rate and roads look like the roads in the half dozen countries we're bombing. :p
2023 Energica Experia
2022 Lightning Strike (reservation)
2021 Energica Eva Ribelle (For Sale)
2020 Zero SR/S (sold)
2018 Zero DSR (sold)
2015 Zero SR (Lets call it sold)

Low On Cash

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2017, 02:49:43 AM »

This has to be a Forum First - Shadow this forums administrator went in without my permission and altered my Post to even include even removing my name to otherwise change my thread to his own personal ideas and agenda!

In my 30 years on Forums - I have never heard of an administrator going in a users post and changing or altering its content and language to reflect the administrators thoughts and believes. Other than deleting offensive post that violate Forum rules, which mine did not! no one has the right to edit a users content to conform with an administrators beliefs.

My apologies to the community, but these recent actions of editing my post have to be addressed. For months, every post I put up, to include those on safety issues, have been attacked by a select few on this forum and now it has elevated to administrators going in my threads and editing my thoughts!

Yes, the same administrator that sent me the terrible a profane gross email (on record) took illegal steps and changed my post. This confirms my recent reply in this same thread that certain seniors to include an administrator named “Shadow” (Eric) are illegally controlling the posts and thoughts of others to conform with their beliefs. Even my name was stripped off the title. I have for the past 25 years always tagged my name on my articles, it is the users right to title his works as he wishes.

If I happen to disappear from this forum, I will immediately submit a consumer complaint to the FTC. and numerous other agencies that regulate the Internet. I have also taken the liberty to record all my past and present posts & reply's to show they have been altered plus the vulgar emails from this forums administrator. Again, if I am banned to suppress my future thoughts, I will also post screen shots of my altered post and profane emails on numerous other Forums, Internet report sites and Facebook, in an effort to openly warn others of what goes on here and these illegal practices.

In conclusion - I only ask that administrators let users voice their own opinions and express themselves without user or administrator personal and political intervention. This is our legal right by law!  Leave my post and thoughts alone, I don’t have conform to your ideals this is a “Public Forum” and we have legal rights to express ourselves. If this forum has any issues with my content, then send me an email without the insulting gross profanity that I have received in the past.

Mike Mas

Brammofan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2017, 03:13:29 AM »

"self promotion, including your personal information in posts or titles of posts, and solicitations are also forbidden on this forum."

This is part of the registration agreement.  I am going in to the post title and remove your name. If you attempt to change it again, you will be banned from the forum.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 03:22:12 AM by Brammofan »
2010 Brammo Enertia
Pages: 1 2 [3]