• April 25, 2024, 01:39:13 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Question about electric motor of Zero m/c.  (Read 1385 times)

Snafuperman

• View Profile
Re: Question about electric motor of Zero m/c.
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2017, 07:34:54 AM »

The "loud pipes save lives" folks are just immature jerks who never grew up.  Their real mentality is:   "Hey, look at me!  Look at me!"
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 07:57:45 AM by Snafuperman »

rider7

• 2017 DSR, 100% wind charged
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2017, 08:23:36 AM »

Actually you are right, this constant throttle blipping on their tractors at the lights is literally screaming low self esteem.
Sorry if anybody here is one of them, you might want to think about it a bit.

It annoys the living electrons out of me.  >:(

When I still lived in LA, the whole ground would shake when these assholes opened up.

It stresses out everybody and especially the older population (me  ::) ).
But I actually found it never appealing when it was simply too loud.

But I have to admit that my XT-600 was a thumper, but i was an immature dude I guess who wanted other to look at me... to prove your point.
But never the unreal ruckus of the agricultural machinery with no baffles.
I am surprise not ever having seen a set of hitch balls hanging off a Harley.

What baffles me though is that, although it's illegal to ride loud as shit pipes like that, that no cop ever tickets them unlesss they pulled them over for other stuff.

Anyway, eventually they'll die off and electric will be all there is.

Can you imagine being one of the last ICEs out there how people would look at you?
Oh well, maybe they'll admire you since it's a historic by then  :P

32 years of almost every day riding all year round.

clay.leihy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2017, 08:34:50 AM »

You've got to watch the South Park episode, "The F Word".

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Clay
DoD #2160,6

Snafuperman

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2017, 08:36:10 AM »

Anyway, eventually they'll die off and electric will be all there is.

It can't happen too soon for me.  That crowd never wears a helmet, so maybe it will happen sooner.   ;)

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2017, 07:42:43 PM »

While we are waiting for the "look and listen to me" crowd to die off, the public and politicians are hearing the same noise we are and are associating it with all motorcycles and their riders. I just hope that the noise finally dies down before motorcycles are legislated off of the highways.   :(
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Snafuperman

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2017, 08:10:23 PM »

While we are waiting for the "look and listen to me" crowd to die off, the public and politicians are hearing the same noise we are and are associating it with all motorcycles and their riders. I just hope that the noise finally dies down before motorcycles are legislated off of the highways.   :(
Unless you are aware of some specific upcoming legislation, I don't think it will ever happen.  People, mostly motorcyclists, have been saying this sort of thing for 40 years -- ain't happened yet.  But don't get me wrong -- I wish they would enforce the exhaust max dB laws.  And with all the things wrong in this world, of a much higher priority, I hope the legislatures of the US would work on the more important items.

rider7

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2017, 07:16:41 AM »

You've got to watch the South Park episode, "The F Word".

Oh my world..... hilarious clay.....
Thanks for that, i had no idea South Park picked up on that.

rider7

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2017, 07:20:11 AM »

Guys,

what baffles me is that the law is already there, but it simply doesn't get enforced and why not, that is beyond me.

Maybe the cops are fearful of retaliation when they pull those a.... holes off the street.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 08:04:37 AM by rider7 »

Snafuperman

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2017, 07:24:19 AM »

Guys,

what baffles me is that the law is already there, but it simply doesn't get enforced and why not, that is beyond me.

Maybe the cops are fearful of retaliation when they pull those a.... holes of the street.
I don't know why the max exhaust dB laws are not enforced.  Testing equipment not given to patrol police?  It's probably just a low (bottom?) priority for them.

MrDude_1

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2017, 10:39:45 AM »

Forget all that, when is the last time a ticket was given for something other than speeding?  Never around here.

clay.leihy

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2017, 05:54:03 PM »

Forget all that, when is the last time a ticket was given for something other than speeding?  Never around here.
Yeah, around here even the cops run red lights, make illegal turns, and rarely use signals. And I think it's a Colorado law that when a light turns red (especially left turns) at least one more car has to run through.

Clay
DoD #2160,6

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2017, 07:47:02 PM »

Guys,

Maybe the cops are fearful of retaliation when they pull those a.... holes of the street.

I used to work with police officers in the city that employed me.  They had quite a little motorcycle gang that would ride spiritedly during the weekend.  One police lieutenant told me that the reason that Harley riders don't get pulled over for noise and traffic law violations very often is that cops know that about half of the riders will be in law enforcement and they don't want to mess with them.  Prison guards (for some reason - maybe their hearing is shot) in particular tend to ride loud H-D bikes.   :o
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Snafuperman

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2017, 07:51:51 PM »

. . . the reason that Harley riders don't get pulled over for noise and traffic law violations very often is that cops know that about half of the riders will be in law enforcement and they don't want to mess with them.  Prison guards (for some reason - maybe their hearing is shot) in particular tend to ride loud H-D bikes.   :o
Great.  Cops breaking the law.  Makes sense to me.  ::) >:(

MrDude_1

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2017, 08:41:14 PM »

Seriously, there's NO reason to "blip" the throttle on an ICE bike.
My CR500 disagrees with you.
I assume your talking about a CR500 setup for ice racing ?????   :)

since I never answered this...

The only time you need to blip the throttle on a motorcycle is if its loading up and needs it so it doesnt foul the plug or stall.
So in otherwords, I dont blip the throttle on any of my 4stroke motorcycles.
My CR500 is plated to be street legal, but its still a 500cc two stroke motocross bike... meaning that if im running around in low speed stop and go traffic, I can either give it a small blip every 30 seconds or so... or I can let it load up at the light and blow smoke blipping it before pulling away... or I can risk stalling when I pull away.

The same applies to several other vintage 2-strokes I occasionally ride. they need a little blip to clear up before you pull away.

EFI 4stroke Bikes like sportbikes do not. When I see someone blipping, I just assume they either have no idea what they're doing, or their bike is a piece of crap.

Harleys are old 1950s tech air cooled motors that are sometimes carbureted, not stored properly and ridden by mechanically ignorant people... so I am not surprised if someone has to blip it for it to idle.

rider7

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2017, 08:21:58 AM »

I see that we pretty much all agree with each other that it is frustrating to be at the mercy of literally less than ideal personnel seeking the position of a policemen.

And the HD issue?
If you have ever ridden one of those tractors (you cannot even lean into turns without dragging your chassis like an idiot), they pretty much shake whatever is left in your scull to mush and the rest of anything that could resemble a brain gets destroyed by 89 dB of shockwave of "no baffle I am so cool noise".

Ahhhh.... isn't it refreshing to bash these ignorant farmers and their cool machines.
Can you imagine that some spend $30 and more K on something that looks like from a bad 1970 movie and is technology from the stone age .

Whoever has more good bashing, bring it on I feel no mercy with members of that group who are giving all of the real riders a bad reputation.
That goes for the stunters as well, the ones thinking the street is theirs.
Given, their performances are impressive, but wrong place, wrong time.

Ok, I am done  ::)
Pages: 1 [2] 3