• April 23, 2024, 05:18:18 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Electrics in Cycle World magazine  (Read 288 times)

Richard230

• View Profile
Electrics in Cycle World magazine
« on: March 10, 2017, 10:06:11 PM »

The April 2017 issue of Cycle World magazine contains three items regarding electric motorcycles. The first is a letter on page 6, titled "Noise Management" by Barry O'Neal of Fort Wroth, Texas discussing motorcycle noise and his silent Victory Empulse TT.

The second item is an odd two-page article by Kevin Cameron titled "Not So Fast" on page 28. I read it, but I didn't quite understand it. Something to do with electric vehicles being the future and then kind of going off the rails when discussion generating electric power and the advantages of modern IC engines.  ???

But the big article was the 8-page one in the middle of the magazine, starting on page 46, titled "Unplug + Play" regarding Alta Motors' new Redshift MX motorcycle, written by Steve Anderson, which contains some nice photos of the Redshift, including an interesting expanded drawing of its motor drive parts.  The article presents the Redshift in a good light, while not going overboard with praise.  I recommend buying this issue of Cycle World if you are interested in the MX. My only complaint is that they didn't review or test the ST or SM street models.  Hopefully that will be rectified sometime in the future.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.
Pages: [1]