• April 27, 2024, 05:02:58 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 2013 onboard charger Re Connect  (Read 468 times)

E-zero

• View Profile
2013 onboard charger Re Connect
« on: February 27, 2017, 07:45:15 PM »

Hi guys!

I´ve been trying to find info on this subject without result that is why I´m opening this discussion.
I bought my second hand DS13 with removed onboard chargers so the only way of charging is via the aux port  with external Delta Qs, now I´m trying to reconnect the Meanwell onboards back and I find;
AC Plug
+ & –  Battery Plugs
And  black connector labeled as 2s2p to batt (which looks like connected to the AC plug ground cable)
I have been reading a lot about a CANbus cable from charger to motorcycle to enable contactor but looks like my setup (13SDS setup?) does not work that way.
I don´t want to mess around and break the bike, battery that is why I am looking for a cabling diagram, images or info on connecting-disconnecting the charger.
The questions;
Do I need any other connection (canbus) in my onboard charger?
Would it be ok just reconnecting the cabling from my onboard? Will it enable the main contactor?
I would like to add additional fast chargers (Elteks), do I need to feed the contactor?

Sorry for the nobbynest here ;)
Any info will be thank  in advance.

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
Re: 2013 onboard charger Re Connect
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 10:24:29 AM »

Some info is available on the wiki but tends to cover the 2014+ Calex charger. The wiring diagram linked from elsewhere in the manual doesn't have much detail there, though.

2s2p likely refers to the Meanwell configuration of 2 in series connected in two parallel banks.

http://zeromanual.com/index.php/Unofficial_Service_Manual#Charger
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS
Pages: [1]