• March 28, 2024, 05:58:39 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Delta Quiq charger stand  (Read 855 times)

Say10 15FX 16FXS

• View Profile
Delta Quiq charger stand
« on: February 24, 2017, 04:44:27 AM »

I hung a big flat screen tv for a friend a while back and it came with these legs for a freestanding unit. He wanted it wall mounted so these were not needed and were headed for the trash. I knew they could be used for something but what? Was going to mount my Quiq charger on the garage wall with some unistrut scraps from work but what if I wanted to take the charger with me? Those legs! Where did I put them? After rounding them up and sizing up the charger, it was as if they were made for this. Bought a second charger from a member ( thanks Duskfire) Measured the spacing, drilled and tapped for some 1/4-20 bolts, then added some neoprene and steel washers. Bolted them both on and here's the result. May still cut the legs shorter and add a handle or a way to wind up the cords.

NEW2elec

• View Profile
Re: Delta Quiq charger stand
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 07:38:35 AM »

Nice!  Good use of "trash".

Say10 15FX 16FXS

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 04:14:25 AM »

I cut down the uprights, added a crossbar/ handle out of some additional found aluminum. Bought a 5-15p (standard grounded 120 vac plug) to C13 x 2 splitter. Suppose to be heavy duty and rated for 13A. Not sure if I can run both chargers on a single circuit but I'll give it a try and see what happens. If not I'll just use the standard cords on separate circuits.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 04:19:37 AM by Say10 15FX 16FXS »

Say10 15FX 16FXS

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2017, 12:53:34 AM »

Here's my first y splitter made from 8 awg speaker wire and parts from Mouser electric. Luckily I deal with Anderson plugs at work and have the proper crimpers. Can't wait to give it a try.

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 01:11:45 PM »

Here's my first y splitter made from 8 awg speaker wire and parts from Mouser electric. Luckily I deal with Anderson plugs at work and have the proper crimpers. Can't wait to give it a try.

That does look professional, but you never answered my question on the other thread: What crimper do you use and recommend for this work?
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

Say10 15FX 16FXS

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2017, 02:00:19 AM »

Thanks. The crimper I used does not have a name on it but is the hexagon die type that resembles a bolt cutter. You can rotate the dies from 0 to 6 awg. My first attempt at crimping the signal pins failed as they were too deformed to fully seat into the connector. On this version I soldered them. Great job on the Wiki by the way!
Pages: [1]