• March 28, 2024, 05:30:41 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 2015 FX 5.7 For Sale (Parts Only)  (Read 1380 times)

Bradcejka

• View Profile
2015 FX 5.7 For Sale (Parts Only)
« on: February 14, 2017, 11:54:00 AM »

SOLD
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 08:53:44 PM by Bradcejka »

Fred

• View Profile
Re: 2015 FX 5.7 For Sale (Parts Only)
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 03:09:36 PM »

A couple of things that I'm sure a potential purchaser would want to know... Where is it? Why was it classed as salvage?
Zero SR/F
Ducati Hypermotard 950

rDacted

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 03:50:01 PM »

Also, location? I'm assuming US because you're talking in miles... but assuming is not something a potential purchaser should do.

Bradcejka

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 09:18:10 PM »

Sorry about the missing information.  Was a last minute thing.  The bike is located in South Dakota, US. 

It was classified as salvage because during a demo at the dealership the bike was wrecked when rider attempted a wheelie.  The sub frame was damaged and needed to be replaced so the insurance company totalled it.  Thus the salvage title.  Frame was replaced but it still had some cosmetic damages.  Was fully operational with cosmetic damages and was sold by the dealership in that condition. 

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 09:38:55 PM »

Either Zero covers that warranty or you sue the hell out of that dealer.  If they sold you a warranty that isn't really there that's their ass.

Shadow

• Global Moderator
  • 130,000mi electric since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2017, 09:46:39 PM »

Either Zero covers that warranty or you sue the hell out of that dealer.  If they sold you a warranty that isn't really there that's their ass.
I think based on the information I have been able to find, a salvage title invalidates any warranty.

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2017, 10:20:04 PM »

Did they say it was salvaged when you bought it?  Did they say "as is"?  If they did I hope you only paid $1000.
Hell how much for the forks and triple clamp?

Bradcejka

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2017, 11:15:31 PM »

I was informed that it was salvage title but I was not informed that their was frame damage and it was replaced.  So I saw only some cosmetic damage and the bike worked great.  I paid quite a bit more than $1000 for it.  It is my mistake for not asking more questions.   And I didn't realize how fragile this system was and that one failed MBB or charger (which zero knows are common failures with 2015 FX motorcycles) could damage the batteries to this extent.  Thought if I did everything by the book the batteries would be fine but it turns out I was very wrong.  I now understand that Zero motorcyles are only as good as the warranty because chances are you will need it.  This bike should have been sent back to zero to be recycled or rebuilt as someone was bound to get screwed. And zero got off easy because the bike was wrecked.   I am not happy with how zero handled the situation.  Offered me repair parts and batteries at retail price about $8000.00 and only a one year warranty on them.  Need less to say I declined. 

I'm not sure what parts are going for so if you want specific parts please shoot me an offer. I would prefer to sell it all at once but If I get enough people wanting different then I will be willing to part it out.   

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2017, 12:18:03 AM »

It's pretty poor if Zero don't honour the warranty when the problem has nothing to do with the frame damage. If a defective BMS was the cause of the battery discharge then they should stand by it.
Zero SR/F
Ducati Hypermotard 950

Bradcejka

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2017, 01:31:13 AM »

If you are not actually interested in purchasing what I am selling then please do not post here and keep your opinions to yourself.  I have my reasons for disliking Zero and was simply trying to answer questions and give potential buyers as much info as possible.

I did not creat this post to argue about who's fault this is or why/how it happened.  It is what it is at this point and I would simply like to recoupe some of the money I have lost. 

MrDude_1

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2017, 08:54:23 PM »

how much would you want for just the motor and controller?...  if I wanted to put it in an electric gokart....

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2017, 12:06:12 AM »

If you end up binning the failed MBB then let me know. I don't need one but would be interested in taking one apart and seeing if I can get anything interesting from it - finding out what microcontroller it uses, seeing if we can pull or upload firmware without a trip to the dealer, etc.
Zero SR/F
Ducati Hypermotard 950

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2017, 03:39:11 AM »

If you end up binning the failed MBB then let me know. I don't need one but would be interested in taking one apart and seeing if I can get anything interesting from it - finding out what microcontroller it uses, seeing if we can pull or upload firmware without a trip to the dealer, etc.

That's a good thought. I'm in favor of this.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

odedmaz

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2017, 04:47:31 AM »

Interested in the rear belt sprocket

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Bradcejka

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2017, 12:14:35 AM »

Decided not to part out just yet.  Updated main thread.
Pages: [1] 2