• April 26, 2024, 06:33:53 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Without antlers  (Read 1708 times)

tigerbike

• Zero DS-R 2016, Photovoltac-charged
    • View Profile
Re: Without antlers
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2017, 06:58:26 PM »

The laws about "lane splitting" can be different for each state, in the United States country. The state of California passed AB-51 bill, and now it is legal to do lane splitting.

In the state of Colorado, I think it is not legal to be lane splitting, but you can ride next to another motorcycle in the same lane of traffic.
OK thanks, that make some ultrawide handlebars understandable. We are used to do lane Splitting, I save up to 1 hour a day in the city, if I have several dates. So nearly nobody will have End-mirrors on a bike fpr the city. 

Doug S

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2017, 08:24:53 PM »

The laws about "lane splitting" can be different for each state, in the United States country. The state of California passed AB-51 bill, and now it is legal to do lane splitting.

In the state of Colorado, I think it is not legal to be lane splitting, but you can ride next to another motorcycle in the same lane of traffic.

It's my understanding that here in the States, lane-splitting is ONLY legal in California, and until AB-51, that was only by omission -- it hadn't been made illegal. Riders would occasionally be cited for "reckless endangerment" or something, usually just because the cop didn't like the rider's attitude. AB-51 made it explicitly legal and ended that practice.
There's no better alarm clock than sunlight on asphalt.

Fivespeed302

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2017, 04:27:29 PM »

I removed my mirrors and bought a Reevu helmet.  I don't miss them one bit.
2015 Zero SR
2009 Yamaha R1

tigerbike

• Zero DS-R 2016, Photovoltac-charged
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2017, 02:02:32 PM »

Is that legal, where you live? Here in Germany and Austria you have to have 2!! mirrors on your bike. Every cop will pick you out.

Fivespeed302

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2017, 06:35:49 PM »

Is that legal, where you live? Here in Germany and Austria you have to have 2!! mirrors on your bike. Every cop will pick you out.

No, we are supposed to have at least one mirror.  However, crime is very low where I live so I get away with all sorts of things since you rarely see a cop.  I'm sure I'll get busted for speeding eventually, but I'm hoping that the cop is thrilled to see his first electric bike and I can talk my way into a written warning.  If not, it's just a ticket and my driving record is clean. 

Also, the chances of a cop even being knowledgeable about motorcycle laws is probably pretty thin.  Even if he/she is, I plan to politely argue that I do have a mirror, it's just built into my helmet.  It might work.

I've been riding like this for over a year now and have traveled about 8,000 miles without mirrors.

My R1 is also mirrorless, and no problems there either.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 06:38:50 PM by Fivespeed302 »
2015 Zero SR
2009 Yamaha R1
Pages: 1 [2]