• March 29, 2024, 06:19:13 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 2013 Zero DS For Sale  (Read 943 times)

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
2013 Zero DS For Sale
« on: February 05, 2017, 06:01:23 AM »

For an upcoming move, I am strongly considering selling my green 2013 Zero DS with 18,000 miles in Oakland, along with spare parts like bearings, better brake pads, mirrors, and so forth (I'll come up with a list of those if interested). I may opt for a dealership trade or consignment, but in any case I need garage space and my 2016 DSR is taking priority.

Installed options:
  • OEM top rack with a larger-than-OEM top Monolock case.
  • OEM side racks, recently replaced, with side cases.
  • Fanless LED headlamp.
  • OEM accessory outlet.
  • OEM commuter windscreen.
  • J Juan rear brake upgrade.
This still has the 11.4 battery but is eligible for Zero's battery recall upgrade (I may just send it to the factory for now to clear up the garage while working on a sale). The front forks were recently replaced after a car backed into the bike, knocking it over (also resulted in replacing the luggage side racks but not the cases which were not on the bike at the time). The latest applicable firmware was installed as of mid-2016.

The bike has been garage-kept and the fasteners and contacts are all in good shape. I did not wash it much other than an occasional sponge-down. I also did not do any experimentation with this bike other than to change a couple of firmware settings and perform some basic electrical maintenance. It was going to be a test mule for the touring project build, but the car knocking it over derailed that idea, and the DSR gets all of the experimentation.

The 2013 model is a good commuter. With the upgraded battery it will achieve greater range, and I can include the Parabellum windscreen if desired since the DSR project can no longer use it effectively. The bike would benefit from an upgrade to the suspension and brakes, but otherwise doesn't need much maintenance.

PM if interested. I'll post new photos when the weather is decent, but here are some posts with photos:
Recently: http://electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=6480.msg50834#msg50834
Just before the accident: http://electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=5453.msg39364#msg39364
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 06:03:41 AM by BrianTRice »
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

thrasher_s

• View Profile
Re: 2013 Zero DS For Sale
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 03:54:54 AM »

Have a price in mind?

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 04:31:58 AM »

Have a price in mind?

I suppose I'll take the best reasonable offer. KBB lists it at about $8000. That would be my minimum, considering the upgrades.

Ref. https://www.kbb.com/motorcycles/zero-motorcycles/ds-zf114-electric/2013/valuetype/

The buyer will need to pay for and arrange shipment; my US postal code is 94601 for cost calculation.

For context, I had been retaining the bike because the upkeep and fees are less than the depreciation (seriously), and expected to eventually gift it or retire the battery for a house electrical system and part the rest out. So, I'm reluctant at best.

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 04:33:55 AM »

I'll add that the belt is still original and has only needed minor adjustments over its life; I do have a spare belt I can include (I have two spare belts). I rode it a lot in the rain and only once fouled the rear sprocket with milk carton grade cardboard, easily removed.

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 02:04:58 AM »

I'm pulling this off the market for now, but will entertain offers.

I'm lending it to a friend to try for commuting, and will see about suspension tuning, pad upgrades, and the battery upgrade.
Pages: [1]