• April 24, 2024, 04:33:37 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Zero S 6.5 owner's review  (Read 2118 times)

NEW2elec

• View Profile
Re: Zero S 6.5 owner's review
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2017, 10:55:15 PM »

I saw that in the specs and the only thing I could think of would be rider height catching more wind that over takes lighter weight at highway speeds.

protomech

• View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2017, 01:26:40 PM »

Second is the ability to add a charger, which I may or may not do in the future if my riding needs change.

Even without an additional charger, the S charges twice as fast as the FXS. The 650 watt chargers are pretty anemic.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2017, 03:28:53 PM »

I chose the FXS over the S as that's the style of bike I wanted. (I've made/bought a few supermotos over the years and I'm trading in a Dorsoduro.) I'd imagine it will be the same for most purchasers - more of a heart than head decision.
Zero SR/F
Ducati Hypermotard 950

Low On Cash

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2017, 12:40:56 AM »

Thanks for the review and good luck with your choice - I was up in the air on which machine to choose as well - so I chose a 17 DSR since there is a heap of gravel roads up here in North Georgia. While I understand the the DS is not a "Qualified" off-road bike, it sort of fills in the gap every now and then when a paved road turns to gravel.

Adan

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2017, 10:16:22 PM »

Rode to work this morning with the goal of maximizing mileage.  The trip is 17.7 miles, about 10 of which is freeway.  I kept my speed below 50 on the freeway, averaging I'm guessing 44.  (On this stretch of 101 from Marin to SF, you can do this without annoying too many people.)  Went easy on accelerations and did a "California Roll" through stop signs.  Arrived with 83% remaining, which means a range of 104 miles, a personal best.  Zero's rating is 81 miles.
Pages: 1 [2]