• April 25, 2024, 08:37:32 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: We Have a New President Guys!  (Read 983 times)

Low On Cash

• View Profile
We Have a New President Guys!
« on: January 21, 2017, 03:04:27 AM »

Congrats to Mr. Donald Trump our 45th president on a peaceful transition today - let's forget about parties and unite together to make the country better and stronger than ever!

Regards!

Richard230

• View Profile
Re: We Have a New President Guys!
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 04:18:02 AM »

In the SF Bay Area there are lots of protests, blocking of streets, blocking of commuter train railroad tracks, screaming and yelling, grinding of teeth, and discussions of violence when the sun goes down and some young men start pulling black masks over their faces. None of this is very helpful, other than to attract TV news viewers.  I really wish it would stop raining so that I could go out for a ride and don't have to think about the stark divisions in our country.   :(

Personally, I'll be happy if the Federal electric motorcycle purchase credit returns for this year.  But I am not at all sure that is on anyone's agenda other than the few of us who appreciated the credit.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 05:03:38 AM »

Look, this is irrelevant at best, and mainly trolling, and I'd like the thread to be deleted. The only relevance is very negative:

This is an exceptionally bad development for the US EV industry and market. The White House website has already deleted all references to climate change and will likely go back to only subsidizing the fossil fuel and related auto industry instead of electrical power and vehicle infrastructure.

The Exxon CEO being made Secretary of State says a lot. All the speculation about Russian interests is relevant because most of their economy is driven on petroleum/natural-gas exports.

Personally, I'm going to be extra careful taking motorcycle trips around the country in case some violent homophobe decides I don't look right. I grew up in East Texas not far from where Easy Rider depicts a truck driver shooting the hippy protagonists on their motorcycles at the end of the movie. I know what it's like already to be at a rural campsite and get menacing glares randomly.

So, I think this is a shit deal, just on those points alone.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

Kocho

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 05:05:11 AM »

Should we also forget about the environment, human rights, racism, chauvinism, conflict of interest, truthfulness, civility, empathy, and I forget what else in the name of a few slogans and making a few people even better well-off at the expense of pretty much everyone else?

Congrats to Mr. Donald Trump our 45th president on a peaceful transition today - let's forget about parties and unite together to make the country better and stronger than ever!

Regards!
'15 Zero SR

nevetsyad

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2017, 05:12:07 AM »

I hope the tax credit expires for EVs. Tesla will have an amazing car for $35K, Chevy will have a tiny, ugly box for $37K. But yeah, the motorcycle credit needs to stick around for a while, it's a shame it likely won't.

Be careful out there everyone. The block I work on just got trashed, starbucks smashed, McD's looted. Hopefully I can still ride my Zero in on Monday (see, it's Zero relavent now!)
2023 Energica Experia
2022 Lightning Strike (reservation)
2021 Energica Eva Ribelle (For Sale)
2020 Zero SR/S (sold)
2018 Zero DSR (sold)
2015 Zero SR (Lets call it sold)

Adan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2017, 05:12:27 AM »

It's incredible, really, that a new administration is taking office in the year 2017 with no talk whatsoever of promoting renewable sources of energy and low emissions transportation.  I wake up every day in disbelief at having been dumped into this alternative reality.

ultrarnr

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2017, 05:13:59 AM »

Richard230,

Sorry to hear that. But it is an indicator of how America has changed. Now when people don't get their way they start protesting and getting violent. When Obama was elected you didn't see conservatives protesting and getting violent. You didn't see it either when he was re-elected. But the party historically known for being open minded sure isn't very opened minded to people who don't think like they do. Life isn't like the movies, the boy doesn't always get the girl, you don't always get the job, and your preferred political party doesn't always win the election. And protesting, blocking train tracks or any violent action isn't going to change the results of the election.  Vinny

benswing

• 2016 Zero SR Cross Country Biker, www.Benswing.com
    • View Profile
    • Follow my electric motorcycle adventures on Facebook
We Have a New President Guys!
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2017, 05:24:39 AM »

Richard230,

Sorry to hear that. But it is an indicator of how America has changed. Now when people don't get their way they start protesting and getting violent. When Obama was elected you didn't see conservatives protesting and getting violent. You didn't see it either when he was re-elected.
Yes, we did see it. 

Also I agree with Brian, the purpose of this post is to troll and does not set up a productive discussion about electric motorcycles.  I agree that it should be deleted.  It certainly makes no mention of Zero-Motorcycles manufactured between 2013 and 2017.
First to 48 states all electric!
 - Long Range Electric Biker - https://www.facebook.com/BenRidesElectric/
 - Video/photo/articles about 4 corners tour: http://www.benswing.com
 - Crossed the USA in 2013 on a 2012 Zero S with the Ride the Future Tour, see the movie at https://vimeo.com/169002549

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2017, 05:47:29 AM »

Richard230,

Sorry to hear that. But it is an indicator of how America has changed. Now when people don't get their way they start protesting and getting violent. When Obama was elected you didn't see conservatives protesting and getting violent. You didn't see it either when he was re-elected.
Yes, we did see it. 

Also I agree with Brian, the purpose of this post is to troll and does not set up a productive discussion about electric motorcycles.  I agree that it should be deleted.  It certainly makes no mention of Zero-Motorcycles manufactured between 2013 and 2017.

You have a point, Benswing.  This discussion should be placed under the General Discussion sub-forum.  However, I think it is a legitimate subject for that section. There is no restriction that I know of requiring all posts on this forum to be only about electric motorcycles or Zeros.   ???
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

nevetsyad

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2017, 05:49:46 AM »

Richard230,

Yes, we did see it. 

You have a point, Benswing.  This discussion should be placed under the General Discussion sub-forum.  However, I think it is a legitimate subject for that section. There is no restriction that I know of requiring all posts on this forum to be only about electric motorcycles or Zeros.   ???

Really? On the Electric Motorcycles forum, you don't see any problem with posting something that has nothing to do with electric motorcycles? Hell, I'll start posting daily pictures of my kids here. We can discuss parenting tips.
2023 Energica Experia
2022 Lightning Strike (reservation)
2021 Energica Eva Ribelle (For Sale)
2020 Zero SR/S (sold)
2018 Zero DSR (sold)
2015 Zero SR (Lets call it sold)

clay.leihy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2017, 06:27:05 AM »

Damn difficult trying to teach our kids good sportsmanship with all this going on.

2015 FX ZF6.5 👹 DoD #2160,6

Clay
DoD #2160,6

Shadow

• Global Moderator
  • 130,000mi electric since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2017, 06:57:45 AM »

I volunteer to moderate if anyone wants that. I browse the forums regularly and understand the nature of a technical discussion.
Pages: [1]