• March 29, 2024, 03:13:01 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Shot in the dark, need 2013 FX battery management board  (Read 686 times)

steven_first

• View Profile
Shot in the dark, need 2013 FX battery management board
« on: January 09, 2017, 07:20:09 AM »

A while back I looked at a battery for someone who was in a crash with a 2013 FX. The bike needed serviced and the battery management board (the one that lives in the battery) was removed by a "dealer" and given back to the guy as a "bad battery"; I suspected it was harvested as they never told him they took it out; I had to tell him.  I still have the battery as the guy has not returned my texts or calls for over a year and figure he just doesn't want to bother with a crap battery so I disassembled it today to find that all the cells seem to be in good charged condition (battery is at 110vdc) but are all epoxied into a giant brick so you can't get at them.  My goal was to take them out and use them for a lower voltage application but that is unlikely now seeing the batteries are inseparable. 

At any rate, without a battery balancing board I can not safely charge the battery...or do anything with it really.  Does anyone have a spare 2013 battery balance board they want to give up (or lend), or a lead on some way of balancing all the cells?  I can see the balance wires and their color so I should be able to figure out where each wire goes but they terminate into a double sided card connector so that would have to go away if I can't get the zero board.  Any leads, info, or parts would be appreciated.  Also willing to sell if I can't get anywhere with it.  I can't guarantee it is 100% good but I can't find anything wrong aside from the MIA board!

TSMotors

• View Profile
Re: Shot in the dark, need 2013 FX battery management board
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 12:26:39 AM »

What are you planning to use the battery pack for? Even if you can't get to the batteries, if you can get to the BMS wires, you could measure each cell to check how balanced the pack is. Measuring each cell would allow you to wire the cells to a BMS board such as Orion Jr.

The challenge would be figuring out how to get the BMS to function with the system overall, such as turning the charger off when a cell is too high, and reporting state of charge. Is there any way you can figure out how the Zero BMS functioned before?

TSMotors

• View Profile
Re: Shot in the dark, need 2013 FX battery management board
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 12:34:04 AM »

I just called my local Zero dealer, and they can order the BMS for the 2013 FX from Zero. The only problem is that they are about $500!
Pages: [1]