• March 29, 2024, 08:13:59 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Eco Motorcycles Vigo  (Read 4319 times)

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
Re: Eco Motorcycles Vigo
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM »

However, they do seem to be able to spread their message.  I saw a link to their website on the Royal Enfield forum.   :o

It also got a mention during my local bike club's committee meeting. They've had a very effective marketing campaign on Facebook. Somebody else from the club posted it on our Facebook group too. People are believing this stuff even though it's too good to be true.

The fact that he's lied about being a Zero dealership on his website really put me off. Also, I'd like to see some evidence of the prototype that was mentioned.  Unfortunately I think it's just another person who has seen an opportunity to raise some money and run. Or at least do something fun for a year or two before going bankrupt.

The trouble is that in this day and age it can sometimes feel like anything is possible.  I gave it some thought. You can design something on a computer right down to the finest detail. The finished product can be run through computer models to estimate performance, drag etc. Once that's done, the design for each part can be sent to a manufacturer. Many of those parts could be 3D printed in order to make a prototype at relatively little cost compared to just a few years ago.  If you haven't had to spend much on design and development (hiring designers from eastern Europe or India), then there's much less to recoup at the point of sale. Negotiating all these deals with suppliers now, in 2017, is going to be very different to ten years ago when Zero was doing it.

Even with all of that optimism, the numbers just don't work. The price, the weight considering the battery pack, the range. I don't see how a bike like that could be made for less than £10k. That would be based on the kind of sales you might expect for the MT-10.

I do love the concept though. If it managed 300 miles of spirited riding on a charge and had DC rapid charging, it could sell like hot cakes at the right price.  Maybe all of this will be possible in five years.

Testpilot1

• Testpilot1 / Charlie Boorman '' Long Way Down ''
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2017, 06:58:46 AM »

Vigo have got a crowdfunding page now, Timothy is going to some effort........

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/vigo-electric-motorcycle-of-the-future#/

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2017, 07:36:07 AM »

Send your money now.  I bet Energica wishes they had this kind of performance at that price and had a system that could recharge a 21kWh battery pack in only 30 minutes and fit it in a motorcycle with a total weight of only 350 pounds:   ::)

Range, max    400 miles (640 km)
Battery    Capacity 21kWh
Life 250 000 miles (400 000 km)
Charging Time    Regular: 7-12 hours
Rapid: 20-30 min
Cost to Recharge    Approximately £2.5 (€2.94, $3.12) from household power supply
Motor    High efficiency, brushless, magnetless, asynchronous, direct-drive AC motor
Motor Power, max    90kW (120 hp)
Torque, max    350 Nm
Speed, max    180 mph (290 kmh)
Motorcycle Dimensions    Length: 85' (215 cm)
Height: 50' (127 cm)
Width: 35' (88 cm)
Seat Height: 33.1' (84 cm)
Motorcycle Weight, total    350 pounds (160 kg)
PRICE (ex. VAT)*    Estimated Retail Price: £7,999 (9,799 USD, 9499 EUR)

Special Price: £5,999 (7,499 USD, 7199 EUR)

*Estimated Retail Price might change by the time of mass production.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2017, 02:03:05 PM »

He has a great (and thoroughly tested) business model there. Promise the impossible. Take money from idiots - with the "flexible finding"option. Fail to produce a bike. Profit with no risk.

The best he will do might be one prototype which he gets to keep or use in photos for a future Kickstarter campaign.
Zero SR/F
Ducati Hypermotard 950

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2017, 05:39:39 PM »

Apart from it being total bullshit, that crowd funding page is actually rather good. Good at lifting money from people with no guarantees or assurances, that is.  I particularly like the option to pre-order a bike at a fixed price. There are plenty of people out there with that kind of cash doing nothing. They might just take a punt on it. After all, it's fully refundable apparently!

I sent an email to Timothy a few weeks ago asking if he could make himself available for an interview in London.  I'm sure we could have come up with plenty of questions between us and I could have met him after work.  No response.

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2017, 09:40:01 PM »

Apart from it being total bullshit, that crowd funding page is actually rather good. Good at lifting money from people with no guarantees or assurances, that is.  I particularly like the option to pre-order a bike at a fixed price. There are plenty of people out there with that kind of cash doing nothing. They might just take a punt on it. After all, it's fully refundable apparently!

I sent an email to Timothy a few weeks ago asking if he could make himself available for an interview in London.  I'm sure we could have come up with plenty of questions between us and I could have met him after work.  No response.

No Response, No Surprise.    ::)
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Testpilot1

• Testpilot1 / Charlie Boorman '' Long Way Down ''
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2017, 04:23:55 AM »

Nice one Mostly , a case of , if it seems too good to be true , it usually is.
Good detective work peeps [emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kingcharles

• 1st Empulse E1 owner in NL
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2017, 04:08:19 PM »

In this day and age of fake news I'm not surprised about this.
I feel sorry for those that will lose their money.
Once you go EV, gas is history!

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2017, 09:03:08 PM »

In this day and age of fake news I'm not surprised about this.
I feel sorry for those that will lose their money.

Besides "fake news", don't forget "alternative facts".  ::) I think that is what we are dealing with here.  Being a "senior citizen" I seem to be on every scammer's call list.  From the ones that tell me they are from the IRS and will have me arrested if I don't send them money, to the automated robo-call that says that my family has asked them to send me a "free" emergency alert system and they just need my authorization and address (along with my credit card number, no doubt) to enroll me in their program.  I get rid of all of these calls by asking everyone that calls to leave a message with their name and telephone number and I will get back to them.  Guess what?  As soon as they hear that they hang up. I get about 10 calls every day and not a one has ever left a message (other than the automated robo-calls, such as the ones produced by my local congressperson) and their callback number.

So all of these "too good to be true" internet news articles just rub me the wrong way - especially when they ask for money with the promise of delivering a product sometime in the future.   >:(  And, don't forget, they always say your "deposit" is "refundable", but just try to get your money back in the future after the years drag on and nothing has been delivered.   ::)

natesiy

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2017, 09:58:23 AM »

If anyone's looking for actual product that is ready to ship, Evoke is taking pre-orders on the Urban S.

9.0kwh pack, 200+km of range
130km/h top speed
Level 2 charging, 3 hours to full charge

www.evokemotorcycles.com/preorder.html

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2017, 02:04:44 PM »

If anyone's looking for actual product that is ready to ship, Evoke is taking pre-orders on the Urban S.

9.0kwh pack, 200+km of range
130km/h top speed
Level 2 charging, 3 hours to full charge

www.evokemotorcycles.com/preorder.html

Thank you Nathan. CEO of Evoke for anyone who was wondering. :-)

I was just on your website and noticed a discrepancy between a battery capacity of 6kWh, as mentioned in one of the blog postings, and a claimed 9kWh in the specs. Can you confirm the useable capacity please?

I like the fact that you've called it an Urban and aren't trying to dress it up add anything more than an urban commuter.

The Type 2 plug is a clever choice. I imagine many of your customers won't be able to charge at home from a domestic socket and will rely on public charge points.

clay.leihy

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2017, 04:13:49 AM »

you can preorder this quantum particle powered hoverbike next week. Never needs recharging, 300 mph. You should send cash while you can. Only €1000 for early adopters. Coincidentally, it's due to drop the same time as that cheap electric bike. (Virtual simulation in cooperation with BMW.)

2015 FX ZF6.5 👹 DoD #2160,6

Clay
DoD #2160,6

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2017, 04:59:27 AM »

Put me on the pre-order list for that new BMW.  All I have to do is pry my name off of the 2010 Brammo 10.0, direct-drive, Empulse pre-order list.  ;)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 05:03:17 AM by Richard230 »

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2017, 11:29:52 AM »

ROFL! Yep, I want one of those too... [emoji23]

mrwilsn

• 2014 Zero S / 2017 Zero SR
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2017, 08:50:14 PM »

I was about to say put me down for a pre order until I saw the suspension.....everyone knows a hover bike doesn't need suspension.... that's how I knew it was fake. 😉

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

2014 Zero S
Pages: 1 [2]