• April 23, 2024, 06:49:18 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: KTM e-ride Power Pack spare cost  (Read 3423 times)

DRC

• View Profile
KTM e-ride Power Pack spare cost
« on: January 07, 2017, 01:47:02 AM »

I am looking at getting a used KTM E-XC, as some used 2015 are starting to show up at reasonable price. 

I was wondering if anyone has priced out the spare Power Pack?

Thanks.

DRC

Ireek

• View Profile
Re: KTM e-ride Power Pack spare cost
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 02:09:24 AM »

Good question.  I'd like to know myself now that the bikes are coming to the US.

EliteMotorsports

• Alta Motors dealer in Colorado
    • View Profile
    • Elite Motorsports
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 12:36:41 AM »

The replacement/spare battery is $3,599 from KTM. We can do a small discount on these for anyone that wants a second battery with the bike purchase. Keep in mind that a dealer will have to activate the battery for you.
Scott
Elite Motorsports
970-461-1022
elitektm.com
1400 E. Eisenhower Blvd.
Loveland, CO 80537

GDV

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2020, 11:25:26 PM »

I bought a new PowerPack for my KTM E-BIKE of 2016.
But I can't use it. I have a BATTERY ERROR message on the charger.  >:( >:( >:(

Initially the KTM seller told me that I would be able to replace the old PowerPack without any problem.
NO that wasn't true. He asked for information and now I have to bring him the bike and the PowerPack to activate this PowerPack.   ??? ??? ???

No way ! I wan't travel 500 km to activate this F**** PowerPack from KTM !

Is there a way to activate this PowerPack myself ?

ctcomputers

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2020, 08:50:38 PM »

I thought KTM announced a leasing program would be available for battery packs ($50/month or similar)?

Fran K

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2020, 10:33:35 PM »

That is one of the things the moto journalists wrote.  It is not the case for USA.  I have no need to find out abot where the poster #1's location is.   If you want or need a new battery and have a 2017 model better get it from a place that has your bike and access to KTM help whether that is phone or something else can't say.  If you read on here in years back it is noted that a spare battery needs activated, probably more complex with the 2018 battery or the latest one.

MikaRinne

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2020, 02:39:18 AM »

Hi, just got myself the 2015 version (only 16hrs on the clock). Its not bad but the powerpack has its limitations. Has anyone upgraded the battery to a recent version like 2020 ? I think it should boost up the bike a little as well. Would the 3000 or so euros be worth of the investment ? Id rather buy a new batt than buying the whole new pretty expensive bike.

Have plates on this and I've also done some riding and a small MX track recently. My plan is to ride next year on a full MX track w/o jumping when there are less folks on the track. I will change the tires - have a spare round of EXC 2012 125cc wheels and tires, do you think they should fit ? Haven't tried out just yet.

What do you guys think ? Thanks

Fran K

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2020, 02:31:17 AM »

I doubt the wheels will fit directly.  The freeride uses basically the suspention from the 85cc juinor bikes but set up differently.  The axle size has changed bigger and littler over time for the ktm range as I understand.  Simple enough to compare yourself.

How about government incentives since you state you have a plate?  I watched one on line video pertaining to Zero and the spare battery had a higher percentage government program than the motorcycle as a whole.

I would not expect more power from a new battery but more capacity yes.  It may take a few hours at the ktm shop to get your bike to accept the more modern battery if they have not done it lately.  I would try and get a package price for battery and adapting to the bike.  Even then it may be problematic for a few charge cycles.

I would ride the bike around a bit first, the way my knees hit the sides seems to irritate me, I do not wear knee pads.  The short suspention and declining thrust past 30 mph or so, and the balance of it may or may not lead to deciding it is most suited to having a dog chase you or something of that nature.  If it had a way to tie stuff on to the sides or back it would make a much better work horse type of trail maintance bike.  No exhaust pipe is great, very narrow.

It has been out for quite a while. 

MikaRinne

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2020, 01:13:13 PM »

Thanks. Good point on the incentives, however I doubt we have any but will check.
Pages: [1]