• April 26, 2024, 05:39:29 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Pirelli Tires in Cold Weather  (Read 576 times)

Kocho

• View Profile
Pirelli Tires in Cold Weather
« on: January 05, 2017, 10:20:17 AM »

What are your observations on the stickiness of the stock '15 SR Pirelli tires when the temperature is lower, say in the 50F range? I don't know if its the tires or the newly resurfaced street near where I live, but the ABS engaged earlier than I am used to on my last ride the other day (this was at the end of my trip, so tires were as warmed up as they could have been during an easy suburban commute at 30-60mph with lots of stops and few turns). I had not ridden for over a month, since it is winter down here, but that day it was mid 50s F so I took the bike out to run some errands. I would not think mid 50F would be too cold, so it probably is the new asphalt being more slippery (it is say 2-3 months old, so not brand new).
'15 Zero SR

Killroy

• View Profile
Re: Pirelli Tires in Cold Weather
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 11:20:27 AM »

I ride in 40 deg F  and in the rain.  I never noticed any traction problems with the stock Pirelli Diablos or my current Bridgestone Battlax BT-45.  And I ride fast on the curvy highway 17.  I don't push it too hard.  I have only dragged a little bit of tow on my small boots.  Ha ha
Pages: [1]