• March 29, 2024, 08:36:47 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Home re-brew: Re-Powered 2010 Zero S  (Read 1914 times)

Duck-Stew

• View Profile
Home re-brew: Re-Powered 2010 Zero S
« on: January 04, 2017, 09:59:01 AM »

Debated a while in which forum to post this, so if I have it wrong (?), feel free to move.

Bought a '10 Zero S last year which had been badly neglected for $300.  Dead Agni, dead battery, the works...

So, after long deliberation, I decided to use it as a chassis and do a full rebuild of the electrics and motor.  I started a thread on the elmoto.net forum and one on the endless-sphere.com forums but I'm not getting enough response (or maybe just not the responses I want to hear LOL!!)

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=82415&sid=77567b5c88dcac0cf11d1210371580a7

http://elmoto.net/showthread.php?t=4362

After much deliberation and education, here's where I'm at: 96vdc pack composed of 12x Nissan Leaf cells (should be ~6.1Kwh capacity), Kelly sinewave controller and a ReVolt RV160-Pro motor w/new liquid cooling.  I wanted to use a sin/cos Sevcon encoder controller, but programming has kept me away from it.  The Kelly I want to use is hall sensor input and sine output.

I want to out-do the original '10 Zero and end up w/roughly a '12 Zero for 1/2 price if possible.  Bike will be a commuter.

All comments welcome.  Thanks for looking.  Also: old Zero parts for sale if anyone's interested
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 10:11:53 AM by Duck-Stew »

xmjsilverx

• View Profile
Re: Home re-brew: Re-Powered 2010 Zero S
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 03:11:10 AM »

I won't be much help with the controller and you are likely to not find much help here in the homebrew section.  I know I haven't.  Have you found a replacement motor?  I saw some agni 95r's for sale on endless sphere.  I am working with Chevy volt lg-chem cells for my project.  If you can fit the leaf cells in then sounds like that should be good to go.  What kind of C rating do they have?
2015 Zero SR
2018 Tesla Model 3 Dual

Duck-Stew

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 08:49:10 PM »

I won't be much help with the controller and you are likely to not find much help here in the homebrew section.  I know I haven't.  Have you found a replacement motor?  I saw some agni 95r's for sale on endless sphere.  I am working with Chevy volt lg-chem cells for my project.  If you can fit the leaf cells in then sounds like that should be good to go.  What kind of C rating do they have?

I'm not getting anything on this or the endless-sphere forum.  Am I wrong to re-do an early Zero?  Is there a museum I should be contacting?  (sarcasm)

I admit that I like the Chevy Volt cells better than the Leaf, but the dimensions in the Zero frame won't allow the bottom part of the Volt cell to fit.  So, Leaf it is.  It's my first build anyways so I don't want to overthink it (which is REALLY hard for me not to do).

C rating?  This is all I've found on them: http://hybridautocenter.com/HAC4/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=72&Itemid=631

MrDude_1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 09:48:03 PM »

Alan Stewart

• Electric Transportation Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 09:52:15 PM »

I think elmoto is more active.

http://elmoto.net/
Alan