• April 26, 2024, 01:40:46 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: FX hand guards vs. brake lever  (Read 1004 times)

Curt

• View Profile
FX hand guards vs. brake lever
« on: December 31, 2016, 09:08:55 AM »

I ordered the Cycra handguard kit for 2016 FX (Zero PN 10-08067) and found that throttle side fitment is off. The stock brake lever is so long (7 3/4") that rotating the guards or master cylinder doesn't help. Rather than give up and chop the lever, I am hoping to find a shorty (6 3/4" would do it), but I can't seem to find J.Juan levers anywhere on the web, nor has my dealer come up with anything.

Have you had problems? If you did install the Cycras successfully, how long is your lever?

laramie LC4

• View Profile
Re: FX hand guards vs. brake lever
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 09:06:55 PM »

got some on my FXS that work just fine. you may have to work on the bend at the bars. often a good idea to have a vise and a small pipe to help with the adjustments. my bike has the stock levers so it is possible to do.

laters,

laramie  ;)
ZERO- '16 FX-S
KTM- 990R, 525EXC

clay.leihy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2016, 09:48:40 PM »

My FX came with the Cycras installed and I had issues with the lever and the throttle grip sticking on the guard. I took the round spacer from the bracket and put it between the guard and the end of the handgrip. Fixed both issues.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Clay
DoD #2160,6

Curt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 03:16:47 PM »

Thanks guys, I took some time and got it figured out.

Laramie, although clearances were tight, I found no need to bend anything to get it to fit. The key was to loosen the brake lever assembly and move it left.

Clay, you might want to check yours; the thick spacers go with the hex bolt, and there are thin spacers that go on the end of the bars. The thin spacer prevents any possibility of the throttle binding.

I'll post some instructions and pictures here.
Pages: [1]