• April 24, 2024, 07:56:07 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: EV Plug / J1772 Adaptors  (Read 3436 times)

ctrlburn

• 79_HD_Sportster 2013_Zero_S 2020_HD_LiveWire
    • View Profile
    • Charging Cycles
Re: EV Plug / J1772 Adaptors
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2016, 12:12:42 PM »

I also couldn't buy from "Tucsonev" as I cancelled my PayPal account because of Thiel's irresponsible political funding.

I read about that, and also how NOT using PayPal because of it is pointless.  He may have been one of the founders of the company, but he is no longer involved with it.  Basically, he doesn't give a rat's patootie whether you use PayPal or not, you're only punishing the CURRENT executives.

I also couldn't buy from "Tucsonev" as I cancelled my PayPal account because of Thiel's irresponsible political funding.
I read about that, and also how NOT using PayPal because of it is pointless.  He may have been one of the founders of the company, but he is no longer involved with it.  Basically, he doesn't give a rat's patootie whether you use PayPal or not, you're only punishing the CURRENT executives.

I didn't catch wind of an organized boycott. I saw the donation and closed my account.

I look at money like most should look at the persistent responsibility of waste, downstream damage is downstream damage.

I'll have to give TucsonEv another chance, I'll be accountable for my own typing mistakes.

PayPal, however, "I'm out".

Shadow

• Global Moderator
  • 130,000mi electric since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2016, 12:55:41 PM »

I'll have to give TucsonEv another chance, I'll be accountable for my own typing mistakes.
To be fair I have struggled to add anything meaningful to this discussion. Meme posting - as I have done in this thread - is not typically helpful.

stevenh

• Newington NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2016, 07:44:50 PM »

My wife picked up a J1772 adapter from "TucsonEV" for a Christmas present.  I have not had a chance to test it, and probably won't until the snow melts.  I ordered a dual cord version so I can use my on-board and my external (1x) at the same time (assuming it can handle the current, from what I read it looks like it can).

Looks well made, I have no idea if it produces the pilot signal or not.

Steve
Hey Steve, I have same plug but in single, it's worked at all the NH,VT and Maine stations I've stopped at. TUCSONEV has great customer service too.

Cool.  I need to figure out how to get signed up to the charging networks in the spring.  We have a free level 2 station at my office in Wilmington MA.  For $145.00 it seemed like a fair deal compared to the other options.

Steve
2020 SR/F Premium
2022 Ioniq 5 SEL

Delnari

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2016, 09:07:11 PM »

i have an electrician coming tomorrow to see if my unit can support the wiring for a level 2 charger down to my garage.  It not, I need to move the current 120V outlet in the garage to it's own circuit breaker to stop it from tripping every time the wife turns on the hair dryer  >:(

Electric Terry

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2016, 10:06:28 PM »

i have an electrician coming tomorrow to see if my unit can support the wiring for a level 2 charger down to my garage.  It not, I need to move the current 120V outlet in the garage to it's own circuit breaker to stop it from tripping every time the wife turns on the hair dryer  >:(

That is very strange the bathroom GFI would be on the same breaker as the outlet in the garage.  Have you tried different outlets to charge the Zero so this doesn't happen?
100,000+ all electric miles on Zero Motorcycles - 75,000+ on a 2012 Zero S and 35,000+ miles on a 2015 Zero SR
http://www.facebook.com/electricterry
http://instagram.com/electricterry
https://twitter.com/electricterry

dukecola

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2016, 03:09:58 AM »

That is very strange the bathroom GFI would be on the same breaker as the outlet in the garage.  Have you tried different outlets to charge the Zero so this doesn't happen?
  haha,obviously you never lived in areas where there are no codes. My garage, which was an addition, is on same circuit as my bedroom. Around here, contractors go to the nudie bars on lunch breaks so you never know what you're going to get.

Killroy

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2016, 05:41:17 AM »

Did you try a non-grounded "cheater plug" on your charge cord.  The Zero charger has a tendency to trip breakers and GFCI. 

I think a firmware update fixed mine at home, but Charge Point L1 charging is still a problem because Charge Point is very sensitive. 

KrazyEd

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2016, 07:34:03 AM »

My house in Vegas ( built in 1985 ) has the GFI in bathrooms and garage on same breaker.
Was an issue early on with 3 daughters and wife getting ready in the morning. Worked
around it. Haven't had any issues with FX plugged in to it, but, it is slower charge. XU
was closer to the S models but, no issue with it either.

Delnari

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2016, 12:48:47 AM »

The condo was built in 1993 and we are on the third floor of the building.  The garage is attached behind the first floor condo.  Not sure how they wired the garage to my circuit panel in my 3rd floor unit, but the second bathroom is on the same circuit as the two garage outlets.

The electrician is at the unit now doing his thing to see exactly what is what with the wiring.  He was able to pull the building plans to the building online which should help with seeing how the wiring was "suppose" to run.  My hope is he can find a way to do a new wire run from unit to the garage for a 50-amp circuit.  Would love to be able to charge the EV car and bike at level 2 the same time. 
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 12:50:21 AM by Delnari »

Semper Why

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2017, 09:14:23 PM »

I have the single-plug Tucson EV adapter. It works just fine. I think I put a quick review of it up in the accessories section of this forum.

Now that I have a charge tank, I should probably put it up for sale.

josequinones

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2017, 06:17:33 AM »

Let me know if you will be selling it.
2014 SR w 14.4 pack, 2016 FLHTP, 2009 Buell XB9SX, 2000 XL1200C

Killroy

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2017, 11:09:43 AM »

PM me if you are interested in a value priced J1772 adapter. 

It may take me some time to get the parts, but making these things is not hard for me.  I use to build, wire and race FSAE cars in College.

dukecola

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2017, 11:14:23 PM »

If Semper doesn't sell his, I have a TusconEV J1772 to Zero single for sale for $75. Used only a couple of times.

Electric Terry

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2017, 10:37:40 AM »

Looks like the supercharger V2 is about to start shipping.  There are tons of components to make this work right and cables that have been made.  For those looking to do a DIY charger because you couldn't get anything else besides the charge tank, well now there is a complete package plug and play option!  Even better than supercharger V1! 

100,000+ all electric miles on Zero Motorcycles - 75,000+ on a 2012 Zero S and 35,000+ miles on a 2015 Zero SR
http://www.facebook.com/electricterry
http://instagram.com/electricterry
https://twitter.com/electricterry

Killroy

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2017, 10:54:38 PM »

It's good that the Diginow charger comes with all those cables. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3