• March 29, 2024, 04:03:40 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Online Zero log file parser  (Read 2279 times)

cecil_t

• View Profile
Online Zero log file parser
« on: December 12, 2016, 09:29:00 PM »

I finally got around to making an online version of the zero-log-parser python script.  You can just upload your .bin file to this page and it will parse the log and show you the results.  A bit easier for some than running the python script.

I'm open for any questions / suggestions.
http://home.hasslers.net/zerologparser/

cecil_t

• View Profile
Re: Online Zero log file parser
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 11:44:52 PM »

I'm glad it's been useful!

I'm certainly no expert at reading / debugging the logs, just trying to get people easier access to them without the technical hurdles.

Ndm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 04:18:41 AM »

Not being computer savvy, is there a way to save the files of perfectly good bikes so that we have a baseline to work from, anyone who has never had problems could put their logs in and save them, the more the merrier for any model and year
2013 zero S  ZF13.0 , 2017 chevy bolt, 2008 IGO Titan bike

Low On Cash

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 07:24:44 AM »

Regretfully when I upload mine (on a Mac 27) it just comes back and says:

Parsing of ./logs/538SDBZ63HCG07126_MbbD_2016-12-08.bin failed.

5804 entries found

Try downloading the results anyway: ./logs/538SDBZ63HCG07126_MbbD_2016-12-08.txt

However there is nothing to download. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Mike

cecil_t

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2016, 09:08:27 AM »

However there is nothing to download. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Mike

I don't think you're doing anything wrong, I'm finding that a lot of files just aren't parsing in the python script correctly.  That means either the .bin file is corrupt somehow, or the parser script needs more work.  I've reached out to the author with some of these samples and maybe we'll see if the results can be improved.

- Greg

cecil_t

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2016, 09:10:18 AM »

is there a way to save the files of perfectly good bikes so that we have a baseline to work from

I'm hanging on to all the results that parsed OK.  I don't know of any way we can tell what's good from bad, there's a ton of data in them, but we can at least have them for comparison.

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2016, 11:07:54 AM »

For example, my 2015 FX was blinking 1-5 and 2-1 errors after a total shutdown at 8% battery level a few months ago, so I saved the logs for future reference.  Thanks to your tool, I'm now seeing that the logs showed PackSOC at 13% just seconds before shutting down, along with the following text:
0x1c 0x8c 0x56 0x01 0x00 0x00 0x01 0x30 0x22 - DEBUG: MBB measured 86646mV.

I have no idea how to interpret the data, but for some reason it's rewarding to have access to it.  Still debating whether all of this is just normal behavior, or if a dealer visit is warranted...

Well, that battery voltage (86.6V) is just barely above the minimum allowed 84V for 0%, so the bike probably just shut down to protect itself.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2017, 08:31:27 AM »

I've updated the codebase so it can be built without Windows PowerShell:
https://github.com/zero-motorcycle-community/browser-parse/

This is so I can reproduce the build on Mac or Linux. The build process is still very nasty, but I don't need to fix it, just ensure that I can make code modifications without destroying the resulting software.

togo

• It's like flying. But with more traction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2017, 05:43:36 AM »

For example, my 2015 FX was blinking 1-5 and 2-1 errors after a total shutdown at 8% battery level a few months ago, so I saved the logs for future reference.  Thanks to your tool, I'm now seeing that the logs showed PackSOC at 13% just seconds before shutting down, along with the following text:
0x1c 0x8c 0x56 0x01 0x00 0x00 0x01 0x30 0x22 - DEBUG: MBB measured 86646mV.

I have no idea how to interpret the data, but for some reason it's rewarding to have access to it.  Still debating whether all of this is just normal behavior, or if a dealer visit is warranted...

Well, that battery voltage (86.6V) is just barely above the minimum allowed 84V for 0%, so the bike probably just shut down to protect itself.

Right, acacia, what you have is a State Of Charge (%) inaccuracy issue, not a battery problem.  2013-2015 didn't measure as well as the newer bikes.
our knowledge about Zeros collects here: https://zeromanual.com/

corentinoger

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2019, 10:05:24 PM »

Hi,
I know it's an old topic, but it seems to be about the right subject.
First of all, thanks for the good work on the log parser, it's great to be able to see what goes on in the MBB and BMS.
I used the online version (http://home.hasslers.net/zerologparser/log_parser.php) on my 2015 DS, and judging by the displayed time, I see a difference of about 8 1/2 hours compared to local time (winter time here in France), time are consistent between BMS and MBB.
Of course the clocks on my bike dashboard and my phone are set to the correct time, so I suppose the log times must be based on another internal clock that was set a few years ago when it was built (there is an 8 hour difference between Pacific summer time and French Winter time, so that would make sense).

Does anyone know if this internal clock can be adjusted?

Trying to work out what happens at the time my bike malfunctions is a lot harder with everything shifted, so I used Excel to shift the time back to normal.

Even if the internal clock cannot be set, it could be an idea of improvement either for the Zero app (it has access phone time). Doing it in the parser would be a workaround, but not very convenient (asking the user at what time data were retrieved from the bike, since it should about match the last entry)
2015 Zero DS, formerly BMW F650GS(800cc), Honda Varadero 125, Yamaha YBR 125
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqHFKpcPufI

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2019, 01:48:26 AM »

I often find that the timezone offset is mismatched on one or more BMS boards, so a parser correction isn't a bad idea, considering that log event match-up can be critical to troubleshooting.

Zero's app appears to be moribund, development-wise. There was a murmuring about a revamped app, but that evaporated from my awareness and it likely was shuffled into the effort that is now labeled "SR/F". So, I guess we'll see how that turns out.
Pages: [1]