• April 20, 2024, 09:53:05 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Commercial mower conversion. Need help  (Read 2641 times)

xmjsilverx

• View Profile
Commercial mower conversion. Need help
« on: December 11, 2016, 03:22:43 AM »

I have been toying around with the idea of converting my xmark walk behind to electric.  I think I found a suitable motor but now I am working out the battery configuration in my head and I don't see it being feasible.  The motor is a 48v 200amp continuous brushed dc motor.  I have loads of old laptop batteries that I have been recovering 18650 cells from.  According to my calculations I would need 11 18650's in series and 45 of those in parallel.  This is assuming the cells are rated at 2c which I cannot seem to find the specs on any of the brands I have.  When I look up the pdf on them the manufacturers don't have a c rating, rather a discharge chart at different c ratings.  Have I done my math correct? Do I really need 500 cells to make this work?  Most of these batteries are rated at 2200-2500mah.
2015 Zero SR
2018 Tesla Model 3 Dual

MrDude_1

• View Profile
Re: Commercial mower conversion. Need help
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 04:30:00 AM »

I would put this up on endless-sphere.com
There are quite a few guys doing this on there

xmjsilverx

• View Profile
Re: Commercial mower conversion. Need help
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 05:06:52 AM »

I have been posting on there and decided on 2 48v chevy volt battery packs.  I had assumed I could use my delta q quiq charger I got from zero to charge these but I have not really been able to find out if I can program it to a different voltage.  Are these zero supplied quiq chargers able to be reprogrammed to a 48v profile?
2015 Zero SR
2018 Tesla Model 3 Dual
Pages: [1]