Makes And Models > Harley LiveWire Forum

Any news?

(1/19) > >>

ultrarnr:
Has anyone heard any more about the H-D Livewire? My Zero dealer said it has been approved for production but didn't know of any other details.  I had seen posts that said H-D was hiring people with EV backgrounds which would support H-D deciding to go ahead with production.

ESokoloff:
I have to think it will not be produced until solid state battery's come out which is still a few years out.
These battery's will significantly increase range, lower charge time, & likely cost less then present battery's.

With this new technology so close to being available, I dought you will see many if any mainstream manufacturers release new EV products.
That said, BMW is in the process of releasing an electric scooter.   

Good things come to those that wait.......

MrDude_1:

--- Quote from: ultrarnr on December 10, 2016, 04:56:32 AM ---Has anyone heard any more about the H-D Livewire? My Zero dealer said it has been approved for production but didn't know of any other details.  I had seen posts that said H-D was hiring people with EV backgrounds which would support H-D deciding to go ahead with production.

--- End quote ---
Its a non-starter for them.

JaimeC:

--- Quote from: ESokoloff on October 30, 2017, 07:47:25 PM ---I have to think it will not be produced until solid state battery's come out which is still a few years out.
These battery's will significantly increase range, lower charge time, & likely cost less then present battery's.

With this new technology so close to being available, I dought you will see many if any mainstream manufacturers release new EV products.
That said, BMW is in the process of releasing an electric scooter.   

Good things come to those that wait.......

--- End quote ---

What do you mean "in the process?"  It has been available in Europe for a couple of years now and just went on sale in California (and soon to the rest of the country).

ESokoloff:
The fact that it's only 1/50 released in the US defines it as a process in my opinion.

This is a Harley Livewire section & recommend discussion be focused on that product. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version