• March 28, 2024, 05:03:15 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Anyone dealt with WOW near Atlanta  (Read 920 times)

lolachampcar

• View Profile
    • LolaChampcar
Anyone dealt with WOW near Atlanta
« on: December 03, 2016, 05:00:21 AM »

By chance does anyone have an opinion regarding World of Wheels in Marietta Georgia (just north of Atlanta)?
Life is too short not to enjoy what you do each day.

NEW2elec

• View Profile
Re: Anyone dealt with WOW near Atlanta
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2016, 08:11:52 AM »

They did my battery recall.  They have a pretty good repair side.  They are salesmen so.... yeah.
I talked to them today about that SR as a matter of fact.  They aren't giving it away :)

Low On Cash

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 01:32:25 AM »

There are some good people at WOW, Dylan and the owner John are friendly knowledgeable - they don't just sell bikes they know them.

I test drove the DSR there and ended up buying it.

Possibly the largest collection of vintage bikes anywhere - its like a motorcycle time capsule in there.

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2016, 01:53:34 AM »

Um Low on Cash you got your bike from Blue Moon Cycles.  WOW stands for World of Wheels they are on the west side of 285 north.  They sell all used except for Zero. Blue Moon does have some very nice vintage bikes but they are two different spots.

Low On Cash

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2016, 07:53:01 AM »

Um Low on Cash you got your bike from Blue Moon Cycles.  WOW stands for World of Wheels they are on the west side of 285 north.  They sell all used except for Zero. Blue Moon does have some very nice vintage bikes but they are two different spots.

I didn't know that - I bought mine from the location where they have all the great vintage bikes in a warehouse area.  Do you live in Atlanta, I'm in Blairsville Ga.

protomech

• View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
Anyone dealt with WOW near Atlanta
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2016, 06:27:06 PM »

I've been to WOW before, test rode a 2016 SR and considered purchase. They know their Zeros.

I considered buying my very first bike from them back in 2008, too.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

lolachampcar

• View Profile
    • LolaChampcar
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2016, 08:31:27 PM »

Thanks for all the replies.

I asked because I had an interesting interaction with them.  I was calling around in the SE looking for an inventory FXS.  I talked with a salesman from WOW who quoted $7890 for a bike with 62 miles on it.  I asked if that was for the larger battery one and he confirmed it was.  I asked if there were any other charges (picking up from Florida so there was no sales tax) and was told there was a $499 shipping fee.  I said great; that sounds good please drop me an email.  I got the email and the net was something like $8800 and included some dealer fees.  I wrote back and said I would buy the bike for $8500 (their price and shipping round up a bit) and was told that was not possible.

$8800 is a good deal for a new 2016 FXS but I just can not bring myself to spend money with people that do not do what they say.  The final numbers they gave me dropped to something like a $230 difference so its kinda silly but every time I've made an exception, I've been bitten.

Anyone looking for a good deal on a FXS let me know and I'll forward you the email correspondence so you can go in armed :)

Thanks,
Bill

Low On Cash

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2016, 08:46:45 PM »

I understand but you might be reading more into it than there is, I mean how many time do you go in a bike shop get a price only to find out its going to be more than quoted. I'm sure the fees was doc's or what ever - just ask them what the other fees are for!

Thanks

lolachampcar

• View Profile
    • LolaChampcar
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2016, 08:57:10 PM »

The fees are clearly listed on the sales order they emailed to me.

and yes, we are only talking about a less than $250 difference when all is said and done.  I've just learned to listen to what people tell me then compare that to what they actually do.  When someone does the "typical bike dealership thing" I take a pass.  Sure, the price is still good but what happens in the future?  Not meaning to be blunt, but they have shown me that they do not do what they say so it is better if I pass on the good price.

Anyone else in the market will go in knowing the final pricing so they should have no such issues.

Low On Cash

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2016, 07:51:39 AM »

Hey I can't fault your thinking - you have to do what feels right.

Regardless good luck in your venture!

Mike

Haag13

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2016, 12:59:04 AM »

I bought a demo model 2015 Zero SR from them last December.  The price on the website was $9,999.  I asked for the out-the-door price and there were several hundred dollars in destination charges and standard dealer paperwork fees.  They also wouldn't honor the shipping price they had listed on their website.  They wanted like $50 more or something.  I bought from them because it was still by far the cheapest price I could find on a Zero that still qualified for the full warranty and tax credit.  I used uShip to have it shipped to me which was $150 cheaper than WoW offered.  I'd buy from them again.  Everything went smooth and even with the fees the often are one of the lowest priced sellers in the country on used and/or demo zeros.

lolachampcar

• View Profile
    • LolaChampcar
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2016, 07:21:02 PM »

Thank you!
Pages: [1]