• April 26, 2024, 07:07:42 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Zero reminding everybody that the tax credit ends 12/31/16  (Read 2482 times)

Low On Cash

• View Profile
Re: Zero reminding everybody that the tax credit ends 12/31/16
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2016, 05:06:47 AM »

OK again my advise to you is study up - you're dead wrong and standing up for a crook who manages to twist laws designed to help electric companies to his greedy own wealth.  This is not a place for me to educate you on EV thieves, so this is my last post since its off topic from the OP's original topic. 

Best Regards - Mike

benswing

• 2016 Zero SR Cross Country Biker, www.Benswing.com
    • View Profile
    • Follow my electric motorcycle adventures on Facebook
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2016, 05:34:52 AM »

By Selling direct, Musk...
FYI, this is an electric motorcycle forum (check the name).  If you want to discuss electric cars, please do so on an electric car forum.  Cheers!
First to 48 states all electric!
 - Long Range Electric Biker - https://www.facebook.com/BenRidesElectric/
 - Video/photo/articles about 4 corners tour: http://www.benswing.com
 - Crossed the USA in 2013 on a 2012 Zero S with the Ride the Future Tour, see the movie at https://vimeo.com/169002549

Shadow

• Global Moderator
  • 130,000mi electric since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2016, 06:24:18 AM »

Well, that got super weird in short order.

The dealership model is maybe not the best way of sales and support for Zero Motorcycles, but I've yet to hear anyone suggest a reasonable alternative that can be achieved with the available resources. Additionally no one has come forward to offer millions of dollars of their personal wealth to fund pivot of Zero Motorcycles towards some other more competitive sales and support model.

US tax credits for alternative energy vehicles did their job, now it's time for them to expire. This is good for EV manufacturers who benefited from an uptick in vehicle sales while they design new more fully featured models at a price competitive to other EV manufacturers. There's also now an EV market that largely doesn't care what is the price of a barrel of oil, and so the subsidy serves only to skew the advertised sales pricing towards people who can't afford this stuff anyways. You're either going to buy the motorcycle or you're not.

jheth

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2016, 02:41:36 AM »

DON'T FEED THE TROLLS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages: 1 2 [3]