• March 28, 2024, 04:07:52 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Just Bought a New 2017 ZERO DSR  (Read 1080 times)

Low On Cash

• View Profile
Just Bought a New 2017 ZERO DSR
« on: November 24, 2016, 04:40:00 AM »

Hello guys - i would first like to thanks the forum members and the administrators for this great informative media - if it was not for this forum, more than likely, I would never have owned a Zero.

Anyhow, I bought my Zero from the folks at Blue Moon Cycle in Norcross, Ga and you won't find a better group of guys. Both the owner John Landstrom and the sales manager Dylan were totally professional in every respect. These guys also are one of the largest dealers for vintage bikes, John has an unbelievable collection of bike like I never seen before.

Anyhow, I live in N Georgia - 2 Well Cafe in Suches is only 20 minutes from my house. I put my first 90 miles on her today and all i can say is this bike rocks!

She is definitely a sleeper, coming home from Wal-mart some Hot Rod Harley pulled up to the light and blasted off - I let him think he was pulling from me then I fired up the Zero up and zoomed by him so fast it was scary LOL - you had to be there to appreciate it.

I just finished hooking up my 12 volt heated gear harness to the machine - I made the connection to the ACC #4 fuse on the fuse block under the seat.

Again thanks for the opportunity to be part of the forum - I'm really enjoying the bike and the technology.

Mike

ElectricZen

• View Profile
Re: Just Bought a New 2017 ZERO DSR
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 04:49:11 AM »

Hi Mike!  Welcome! 

Welcome to the good life! 

2016 DSR here, just did a trip from Vancouver Canada to Los Angeles and back.  I love mine, I know you will love yours!  Congrats!

http://zeromanual.com/index.php/Main_Page

If anything outside what the manual covers comes up, etc.  Also things change from year to year, fresh input on errors or clarifications are appreciated!

Especially since it's likely you have one of the first 2017 DSR's!!!  😎

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 06:02:53 AM »

I talked to John this morning. I saw they dropped the price of their 2016 1 of 50 DSR and so I was talking to him about my bike and said "oh by the way how much for that bike" and he said it just sold. 
So did you get that one or did they sell both of them already?
I'm glad your happy with it and that it stays here in GA.

Also I love smoking Harleys too especially the one's that won't give a courtesy wave or even nod.

Low On Cash

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2016, 06:33:00 AM »

Thanks for the reply's guys - I didn't know the 17's were that scarce.

My next quest is getting some extras - I ordered the touring windshield - 12 volt dash plug and the E brake. Regretfully, mine did not come with the cabled E brake like shown in the manual.

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2016, 06:45:38 AM »

Regretfully, mine did not come with the cabled E brake like shown in the manual.

None do! Welcome and thanks for the info that it can be ordered. :)
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

Shadow

• Global Moderator
  • 130,000mi electric since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2016, 09:51:02 AM »

I just finished hooking up my 12 volt heated gear harness to the machine - I made the connection to the ACC #4 fuse on the fuse block under the seat.
Hey Mike, welcome! In theory there's an SAE plug under the front plastics, and that's all easy to remove with a good mini toolkit*.
* (apparently on sale this holiday weekend too - be sure to let them know you're a Zero owner and ask if there's a discount?)

The fusebox hack works too and is perhaps about the same amount of work. Feel free to detail your modifications on the unofficial Zeromanual Wiki - it's super helpful even just taking a good set of photos along the way and dump a block of text or notes and others are happy to edit and curate the new section.

Congrats to you on buying a terrific commuter motorbike!

cheesymac47

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2016, 08:17:01 PM »

Very glad to see at least two sales since my demo ride at Blue Moon. That inspires confidence in the market here in GA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2016, 09:10:36 PM »

WOW has moved quite a few and Blue Moon has sold at least 5 or 6 in less than a year.
Once the price drops they get picked up quick.
It shows me there is a demand for the product, because its awesome, and as the prices start to match gas bikes they will take a good portion of the market share.
Pages: [1]