• April 26, 2024, 05:23:02 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23

Author Topic: My homemade 'Supercharger' for a ZERO Version 2  (Read 31103 times)

Neuer_User

• View Profile
Re: My homemade 'Supercharger' for a ZERO Version 2
« Reply #90 on: March 14, 2017, 05:09:47 PM »

bank transfer done as well. In case of SEPA € to €, paypal only makes additional complexity and delays, and possibly fees.
Yeah, they were asking 5% for "Family and Friends". Incredible. Bank transfer costs me 20¢.

Not sure about the delays, though. I understand that the info that payment has been made is instanteneous with PayPal. So, faster than bank transfer.

Skidz

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 14, 2017, 05:13:30 PM »

Just payed 575 via PayPal for 2 units and shipping...

Ciscone

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 15, 2017, 05:38:28 PM »

updated my Post....

for now 2 psu are available. i will ask to get more on the same delivery.
i think i jump also in :D
tiny nice pieces and since iam looking for a zero this summer shouldnt be a nice deal for a supercharger.
so please update your superchargers here :D

Neuer_User

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 15, 2017, 07:14:47 PM »

updated my Post....

for now 2 psu are available. i will ask to get more on the same delivery.
i think i jump also in :D
tiny nice pieces and since iam looking for a zero this summer shouldnt be a nice deal for a supercharger.
so please update your superchargers here :D
Thanks a lot.

Any chance to get a suitable board for the fps? Would make it easier to connect them.

Skidz

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 15, 2017, 09:20:11 PM »

Just clicked some connecting materials in basket, the SBX for the aux port and some C19 chassis /C20 cable parts for dynamically connecting the charger pair. My idea is to use the charge tank together with a pair of FPS'ses and to throw the charging stuff in the top case. I'll be adding a small junction box with male Mennekes input and a 2 meter J1772 female connector, and hook up the Elteks to L2 of the Mennekes via the C19 connectors. I'd like the setup to be future-proof in case I'll add two more Elteks, so I guess I need about 16mm2 cable for the aux connector. Then I'd just route the DC cable to my top box somewhat hidden.

If I'd connect the sense from the J1772 to the sense of the Mennekes, would the charge station be inclined to go charge at 3phase 16a? Anybody have experience with that?

winfried

• View Profile
    • Atelier Algorythmics
« Reply #95 on: March 16, 2017, 02:47:49 AM »

Are there 2 more available ?
would Take them.

Gesendet von meinem S60 mit Tapatalk

peugeot elecscoot 1999 ... Zero XU 2014

Ciscone

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 16, 2017, 08:28:56 PM »

Please everyone who is in, contact me by PM here and fill out this template:
Please name your INFO PM SUBJECT: ELTEK FPS GROUPBUY INFO

NAME:
ADDRESS:
HOW MANY PIECES:
TELEPHON:
EMAIL:

I will answer with a default Template about Payment and Contact Infos from me.

cheers,

Andi /Aka Merlin from Endless-Sphere

EDIT:

PAYMENT RECIEVED:

2 Available

-4 CAMA ---PAID---
-4 wijnand71 ---PAID---
-2 Hubert ---PAID---
-2 Neuer_User ---PAID---
-4 George Cowly ---PAID---
-2 Skidz ---PAID---

Yes, minimum 2 are available.
a bit lazy my eltek guy, iam still waiting of an answer to get 10 more on same delivery.

so for now are 2 available winfried.
just fill out the template i have quoted and send me a pm.

-Andi

Ciscone

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 16, 2017, 08:33:37 PM »

atm i have no PCB.
but when i have it on my table iam also interested in the clean plug n play version. but it will take time.
as i read here its needed as small and short as possible to fit the tank.

Lenny

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 17, 2017, 08:41:59 PM »

I have added code to implement 2 independent PID controllers, 1 for each set of flatpacks. Unfortunately that cannot work. This is because the message to control the output current and voltage is a broadcast to all connected flatpacks. a message to a single flatpack does not work. The flatpacks are usually only connected in parallel (not in series) so this makes sort of sense for their intended purpose. 

I chose to see what would happen if i just use a single PID controller which would control the current of one of the two sets and see what the other set would do.
The very good news is that the second set of flatpacks very closely follows the current of the first (controlled) set of flatpacks. It is at most about 0,5 to 1 amp less and often exactly the same.

This obviously saves a PID controller or even a completely new arduino. For the above to work it is very important that the 2 "top" flatpacks are set to the same voltage, otherwise this doesn't work properly. The 2 "top" flatpacks are not monitored and are set to 57.0 Volts with a short walkin (after powerup the unit reaches this 57.0 volt in about 5 seconds).

Tried the PID version with my two flatpacks yesterday, indeed it's working absolutely great. I'll use it to differ in between 1-phase charging (max. 3kW) and 3-phase charging with full power. Started at about 30% SOC, maintained 20A like a charm. Thanks for your work remmie! Just one thing about the code extracted from the forum: it contains some weird signs, which are not visible in the IDE but result in compiling errors, you can see them in Word if you copy the code in there. Cleaned in manually then. Should we put up a GitHub repository to improve this and manage different code versions? If you're ok with that, I would open one.

One question concerning the non-monitored top flatpacks. Can the walk in period be set permanently? For permanent setting, I always used this code so far:

unsigned char setVpermanent[5] = {0x29, 0x15, 0x00, 0x44, 0x16};
CAN.sendMsgBuf(0x05019C00, 1, 5, setVpermanent)

So where's the option which determines the walk-in period?
Zero FXS 6.5 MY16

Shadow

• Global Moderator
  • 130,000mi electric since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 18, 2017, 07:22:16 AM »

...Should we put up a GitHub repository to improve this and manage different code versions? If you're ok with that, I would open one....

@remmie have a look at: https://github.com/zero-motorcycle-community and welcome to contribute there.

Neuer_User

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 18, 2017, 12:32:15 PM »

...Should we put up a GitHub repository to improve this and manage different code versions? If you're ok with that, I would open one....

@remmie have a look at: https://github.com/zero-motorcycle-community and welcome to contribute there.
I actually set up a open repo with the posted code from remmie and some I other Infos I found so far (https://gitlab.com/Neuer_User/Zero-Supercharger), but I'm very happy to move instead to your repo.

The only important thing is to have a single place with access for all to store code and wiki.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 12:33:55 PM by Neuer_User »

Skidz

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 20, 2017, 10:58:54 PM »

Bam, the DC and some AC connectors made their way to the Netherlands in an impressive 4 days! All i need now is a J1772, a Mennekes, 5 metres of cable and I can start building my custom chargecable. All that's left is two powersupplies and an Arduino but how hard can that be ;)

Erasmo

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 20, 2017, 11:58:41 PM »

A J1772 in the Netherlands?

Skidz

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 21, 2017, 01:37:57 AM »

Yups, the charge tank connects to a public charge point with a female Yazaki J1772 connector. The other side has a Mennekes female.
The default cable looks like this:

What i'd like to make is a cable similar to this, but with a box in between so I can tap off the unused phases of the Mennekes connector to the FPS'ses. So I'll need a Mennekes connector, 4 metres of 5x2,5mm2 cable, a box, two female C19 chassis parts, 1.5 meter 4x2,5mm2 and a J1772 female plug. Then I'd just connect N + L1 + CS + PE from the Mennekes to the J1772, and connect N + L2 + PE to C19 #1 and N + L3 + PE to C19 #2. When the charge tank then starts the charge by signalling it's ready, the other two phases should also kick in and the ramp-up of the FPS'ses should take place after the charge tank closes the charging contact.

Untill the FPS'ses arive I'll make the box and check at a public point if the two extra phases are available after the chargetank initiates charging...

Neuer_User

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 22, 2017, 04:04:42 PM »

Any news on the group buy, @Ciscone?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23