• April 25, 2024, 07:37:27 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23

Author Topic: My homemade 'Supercharger' for a ZERO Version 2  (Read 31097 times)

hubert

• '14 Zero S, nuke charged
    • View Profile
Re: My homemade 'Supercharger' for a ZERO Version 2
« Reply #135 on: April 27, 2017, 03:21:58 PM »

2 for me please also! :-)
2014 Zero S
Velomobile "Quest"
Mitsubishi i-MiEV

Neuer_User

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 27, 2017, 04:43:00 PM »

Here's the first half of the code i have now due to a 20000 character limit of the forum

Code: [Select]
// from rectifier : (requests for logins)
// 05014400 + ser nr + 00 00 from rectifier  : HELLOOW where are you ! rectifier sends 05014400 and 6 bytes serial number and followed by 00 00 (login request)
// 0500xxyy + 1B + ser nr + 00 is send during normal voltage every second. xxyy is the last 2 bytes from the serial number
// after either of these send 05004804 every 5 seconds ! to keep logged in. rectifier does not send login requests so after 10 second the numbers stop until 05014400 is sent
// from rectifier : (status messages)
// 0501400C + status data : walkin and below 43 volts (error) and during walk-out (input voltage low)
// 05014010 + status data : walkin busy
// 05014004 + status data : normal voltage reached
// 05014008 + status data : current-limiting active

// send TO rectifier (act as controller)
// 05004804 + ser nr + 00 00 from controller : send 05004804 and 6 bytes ser number followed by 00 00
// 05FF4004 controller sends current and voltage limits (last 4 is 5 sec walk-in, for 60 second walk-in use 05FF4005)
// 05FF4005 controller sends current and voltage limits (last 5 is 60 sec walk-in, for 5 second walk-in use 05FF4004)
// PID settings of 0.5 , 0.5 and 0.0 work excellent. Nice and slow buildup of voltage and current

#include <mcp_can.h>                                                                // library for CANBUS
#include <mcp_can_dfs.h>                                                            // library for CANBUS
#include <SPI.h>               
#include <Wire.h>
#include <HT_SSD1306.h>                                                             // library for oled display
#include <SoftwareSerial.h>                                                         // library for SMS module
#include <PID_v1.h>                                                                 // library for PID controller(s)

#define PIN_RESET 9                                                                 // Connect RST of oled display to pin 9
#define PIN_DC    10                                                                // Connect DC of oled display to pin 8
#define PIN_CS    11                                                                // Connect CS of oled display to pin 10
#define SIM800_TX_PIN 4                                                             // Connect TX pin of SMS module to pin 4
#define SIM800_RX_PIN 5                                                             // Connect RX pin of SMS module to pin 5
#define currentstep 50                                                             // each press on the button is 10 amps more (divide by 10)
#define amphours 91                                                                 // amphours of my Zero SR 2014 (adjust [...]
    break;
Which PID library did you use? This one: http://playground.arduino.cc/Code/PIDLibrary ?

remmie

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 27, 2017, 05:11:29 PM »

in the arduino editor i selected "sketch"  in the menu, then "use libraries" and "manage libraries"

in the librarymanager you can search for "PID" and then select "PID by Brett Beauregard". Doubleclick to install this library

it could be the names of the menus are a bit different, I translated them from Dutch.

Current : Red Premium Zero SR/F (ordered May 25, delivered August 23 2019) with Rapid charger for 12kW charging
Former : White Zero SR 2018 ZF14.4 kWh (17.500 km)
Former : Black Zero SR 2014 ZF11.4 kWh (25.000 km)
SR's outfitted with Homemade "Supercharger" 6x eltek Flatpack S (12 kW)

wijnand71

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 27, 2017, 07:05:07 PM »

This morning I replied via PM to Ciscone about the PCB. In order to fit in the area below the tankpouch the PCB needs to be as short as possible. Every mm counts here. Hopefully he's willing to create a v2 of his PCB. let's see.

Skidz

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 27, 2017, 08:48:51 PM »

The ones I ordered from OSPark are 35.6mm long, and with some carefull cutting they could be as short as 18mm... You'd have to remove some masking from them to make soldering possible, but they can be shortened.

Neuer_User

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 28, 2017, 01:30:12 PM »

in the arduino editor i selected "sketch"  in the menu, then "use libraries" and "manage libraries"

in the librarymanager you can search for "PID" and then select "PID by Brett Beauregard". Doubleclick to install this library

it could be the names of the menus are a bit different, I translated them from Dutch.
Well, my editor does not show that library, but I verified it seems to be the same as the one in my link.

Is the code still the most current? As there seems to be no open github repo so far, I am still using the one on my repo (https://gitlab.com/Neuer_User/Zero-Supercharger).

What did you finally use to power the leonardo? A 116->5V step-down regulator? And what did you use for the display? Another 116->3.3V or a 5->3.3V?

Skidz

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 28, 2017, 02:07:12 PM »

If i were to be adding a Leonardo for monitoring purposes, I'd be using a 230VAC to 5v psu. These can be really small, and a lot less expensive than a 116vdc>5vdc or 60vdc>5vdc unit. And when charging you'll have 230v on the rectifier anyway...
Some of the oled displays accept both 5 and 3.3v for logic and supply, so if you'd source your display to be one of those then you won't need a 3.3v...

Neuer_User

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 28, 2017, 02:26:37 PM »

If i were to be adding a Leonardo for monitoring purposes, I'd be using a 230VAC to 5v psu. These can be really small, and a lot less expensive than a 116vdc>5vdc or 60vdc>5vdc unit. And when charging you'll have 230v on the rectifier anyway...
Some of the oled displays accept both 5 and 3.3v for logic and supply, so if you'd source your display to be one of those then you won't need a 3.3v...
Hmm, good idea. I think the display that remmie mentioned and which I got only works with 3.3V, but I could get another one which does work with 5V. So only one psu 230->5V needed. :)

Skidz

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 28, 2017, 02:28:24 PM »

I have a bunch of Honeywell 230VAC>5VDC laying around, they might even work off 116VDC since they are switching PSU's anyway. Cost like 4 euro's.

remmie

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 28, 2017, 03:58:53 PM »

Well, my editor does not show that library, but I verified it seems to be the same as the one in my link.

Is the code still the most current? As there seems to be no open github repo so far, I am still using the one on my repo (https://gitlab.com/Neuer_User/Zero-Supercharger).

What did you finally use to power the leonardo? A 116->5V step-down regulator? And what did you use for the display? Another 116->3.3V or a 5->3.3V?

I have no experience with github. The code is still current though.

I powered the leonardo from a 75V (36-75V input) to 5V dcdc converter powered from the output voltage because i mounted the display inside one of the flatpacks (BIG JOB). Like the others suggested it is easiest to use a 230 => 5V converter. That way the leonardo gets power even sooner because it does not have to wait for the 48V to be suppled (which takes a second or 2)

The power for the OLED display is taken from the 5V supply using 2 diodes in series, each inducing a 0.7V drop. That gets the voltage to 3.6V which seems fine for the display It's a crude way but it works and takes very little space. The inputs to the display seem to be 5V tolerant but you can use resistors in series to be sure (1kohm should suffice)
Current : Red Premium Zero SR/F (ordered May 25, delivered August 23 2019) with Rapid charger for 12kW charging

Neuer_User

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 28, 2017, 04:58:49 PM »

I have no experience with github. The code is still current though.

I powered the leonardo from a 75V (36-75V input) to 5V dcdc converter powered from the output voltage because i mounted the display inside one of the flatpacks (BIG JOB). Like the others suggested it is easiest to use a 230 => 5V converter. That way the leonardo gets power even sooner because it does not have to wait for the 48V to be suppled (which takes a second or 2)

The power for the OLED display is taken from the 5V supply using 2 diodes in series, each inducing a 0.7V drop. That gets the voltage to 3.6V which seems fine for the display It's a crude way but it works and takes very little space. The inputs to the display seem to be 5V tolerant but you can use resistors in series to be sure (1kohm should suffice)
Thanks, I will keep my repo open, so we can use this to update the code when needed, if you wish.

I probably keep the display outside, as I would not date to mount it inside. So, I will have the 230V->5V converter, the leonardo and the display in an external case. I probably take a 5V display. There are actually quite a lot available that look beautiful and cost only few dollars more than the OLED.

Do you guys prefer to use the PCB to connect to the Elteks or is directly soldering the cables better?

Lenny

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 28, 2017, 09:09:49 PM »

I have a bunch of Honeywell 230VAC>5VDC laying around, they might even work off 116VDC since they are switching PSU's anyway. Cost like 4 euro's.

Those might be more reliable, but I'm using this one for quite a while now: https://www.banggood.com/5V-700mA-3_5W-AC-DC-Step-Down-Isolated-Switching-Power-Supply-Module-p-993723.html

Very cheap and works fine so far.
Zero FXS 6.5 MY16

remmie

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 29, 2017, 01:14:53 AM »

This morning I replied via PM to Ciscone about the PCB. In order to fit in the area below the tankpouch the PCB needs to be as short as possible. Every mm counts here. Hopefully he's willing to create a v2 of his PCB. let's see.

this one looks to be quite short and not too expensive (18 euros)

https://www.batrium.com/products/pcbs-for-eltek-flatpack2

https://www.batrium.com/pages/how-to-control-a-eltek-flatpack2-with-watchmon

looks like the website of EVTRICITY who's advertising complete chargers using Emerson PSU's here on EMF

Good to see multiple choices in (DIY) fast charging

Skidz

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 29, 2017, 01:17:38 AM »

Eh, CAN bus seems to break out only CAN_H and GND, not CAN_L.... Shouldn't all three be connected?

remmie

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 29, 2017, 01:24:28 AM »

Eh, CAN bus seems to break out only CAN_H and GND, not CAN_L.... Shouldn't all three be connected?

Looks like only CAN_L and CAN_H are broken out, and that should suffice. CAN GND is not really needed (never needed it in my charger)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23