• April 24, 2024, 07:19:35 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Anyone here from South Jersey?  (Read 594 times)

ATM

• View Profile
Anyone here from South Jersey?
« on: November 05, 2016, 12:59:51 AM »

Are there any Zero owners here from South Jersey?
2013 Zero XU

Straightedg4lif

• View Profile
Re: Anyone here from South Jersey?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2016, 01:22:27 AM »

Are there any Zero owners here from South Jersey?

Don't have my Zero yet, will in April, live in PA but have a summer home near Wildwood. What part of Jersey are you from?
2013 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (Sold)
2015 Roma Hornet (Sold)
2009 Aprilia Mana (Sold)
1983 GS450A Suzukimatic (Sold)
2016 Dong Fang 200SST (Sold)
2017 Super Soco TS1200R (Current Bike)

ATM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2016, 01:34:38 AM »

I don't have one yet either.  I got my license last summer and really wanted a Zero but couldn't justify the cost.  So I bought a Harley Davidson XG750 that I kept for a year and then sold it in August.  I really wanted a Zero so I'm looking again.  I'm near Moorestown, not too far from Mt Holly Motorsports.   This morning I took a test ride on an FXS at Crossroad Powersorts in Upper Darby.  That was really fun!   As far as I can tell those are the only two dealers in the area, right?
2013 Zero XU

Straightedg4lif

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2016, 01:44:17 AM »

I don't have one yet either.  I got my license last summer and really wanted a Zero but couldn't justify the cost.  So I bought a Harley Davidson XG750 that I kept for a year and then sold it in August.  I really wanted a Zero so I'm looking again.  I'm near Moorestown, not too far from Mt Holly Motorsports.   This morning I took a test ride on an FXS at Crossroad Powersorts in Upper Darby.  That was really fun!   As far as I can tell those are the only two dealers in the area, right?

I also have been interested in the Zero for a while and have been through 5 bikes in 3 1/2 years. This April is finally the time I get the bike I've been wanting.

I am also near PowerSports East in Bear, DE. I am either getting mine from there or Crossroad PowerSports in Upper Darby. There used to be a dealer in Cherry Hill, NJ but they no longer sell Zeros.
2015 Roma Hornet (Sold)
2009 Aprilia Mana (Sold)

Straightedg4lif

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2016, 02:01:34 AM »

Technically Upper Darby is closer to me but Bear, DE has a better ride, mostly highway, compared to Upper Darby which tends to take longer even if I take 95.
2015 Roma Hornet (Sold)
2009 Aprilia Mana (Sold)

clay.leihy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2016, 05:43:27 AM »

From South Jersey, currently in Denver area. I'll bet the FX would be fun in the Pine Barrens, but how's it do in the sugar sand?

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Clay
DoD #2160,6

ATM

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2016, 05:54:28 PM »

From South Jersey, currently in Denver area. I'll bet the FX would be fun in the Pine Barrens, but how's it do in the sugar sand?

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

I'm sure it would be really fun on both.  But if I had one I'd have to trailer it there because I wouldn't have enough charge to get there and back.   :(
2013 Zero XU

ATM

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2016, 06:05:14 PM »

@Straightedg4lif  --  Yes Eckenhoff was in Cherry Hill near the mall.  That's where I first test rode the DS and SR and decided that I need to have one.  Glenn was really nice.  I'm sorry they're not in business anymore.
2013 Zero XU

Straightedg4lif

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2016, 11:20:12 PM »

@Straightedg4lif  --  Yes Eckenhoff was in Cherry Hill near the mall.  That's where I first test rode the DS and SR and decided that I need to have one.  Glenn was really nice.  I'm sorry they're not in business anymore.

Yes, Glenn was really nice! I also demoed the SR there and was originally thinking of getting my Zero there because of how nice and helpful he was. I too am sorry they are no longer doing business anymore. Well at least there are still a few choices for us when it comes time to buy. When are you looking to purchase your bike? Have you decided on the model you want yet?
2015 Roma Hornet (Sold)
2009 Aprilia Mana (Sold)

ATM

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2016, 11:55:25 PM »

Yes, Glenn was really nice! I also demoed the SR there and was originally thinking of getting my Zero there because of how nice and helpful he was. I too am sorry they are no longer doing business anymore. Well at least there are still a few choices for us when it comes time to buy. When are you looking to purchase your bike? Have you decided on the model you want yet?

I found a leftover 2013 XU with 3 miles on it but decided against it because there is only 4 months left on the warranty.  I don't expect to do any long road trips and my work commute is less than 8 miles/day so that would have been a good bike to start with.  I really liked the FXS and am leaning towards that or an S.   Looking forward to this week when we hear what's new for 2017.   Being able to update firmware via the app is pretty 😎.   
2013 Zero XU

Straightedg4lif

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2016, 12:48:13 AM »

I found a leftover 2013 XU with 3 miles on it but decided against it because there is only 4 months left on the warranty.  I don't expect to do any long road trips and my work commute is less than 8 miles/day so that would have been a good bike to start with.  I really liked the FXS and am leaning towards that or an S.   Looking forward to this week when we hear what's new for 2017.   Being able to update firmware via the app is pretty 😎.

I can't wait to hear what's new for 2017 as well. I am looking at April for mine, the SR. 5 months is going to feel like an eternity, especially since I have been waiting since '05. Things just kept popping up keeping me from getting one, but now nothing is going to stop me. I'm waiting until April for two reasons, one to get my funds in order and also the Northeast is usually pretty brutal in the winter (as you know) and haven't really liked riding when it gets too cold. Plus it probably had a lot to do with my other bikes not starting very well in the cold. (It became too frustrating). I think with the Zero I would take it out more when the weather turns. But I definitely will not ride with snow and ice, and they are forecasting a bad winter here again. :(
2015 Roma Hornet (Sold)
2009 Aprilia Mana (Sold)
Pages: [1]