• April 27, 2024, 05:07:22 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Zero App update  (Read 9419 times)

Low On Cash

• View Profile
Re: Zero App update
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2016, 06:12:28 AM »

Well my simple question is - why did they release that version of the app if it does not work? Is there no one who maybe tries an update before they release it.

After I replaced my zero app and re-paired my bluetooth connection neither my Iphone or Android will now pair to the bike. I should have left it alone at least my custom program and battery info worked before.

I called Zero on Monday trying to find out about the App that don't work - after 30 minutes talking to a tech, it became clear that I knew more about it than him so I asked for someone more technical and he replied he was the go to guy for Apps. Anyhow he promised to call me back in a few hours and tomm will be 3 days.

Anyone else have any luck with a possible fix.

Keith

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2016, 03:08:50 AM »

I used this apk to sideload an android tablet last July. Use at your own risk, enable install from untrusted source. I think it is clean. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2b1bsvNvCA5M0h3cGFES3N4cTg/view?usp=sharing com.ZeroMotorcycles_1.3.17.apk
2016 Zero FX, 2014 KTM 1190

David S

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2016, 05:34:29 AM »

Are people who are unable to connect not able to set there own custom settings at all? Im getting a 2017 in about 4 days and will be pretty upset if i cant program one, without upping the regen braking i will wear the brakes down much faster in sport mode.

Low On Cash

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2016, 07:04:38 AM »

Hello I have a 17 DSR and the app will work fine except the running display is not working however all the battery data and custom programing works fine.

By the way, I would not worry about wearing the brakes down. On Eco mode there is more regen than Sport.

On my custom program I use full regen - when I ride to Suches Ga on the twisty roads in north Ga I never touch the brake on this trip. My only regret is the regen is not linear its either on or off but it goes in fairly softly so its not a problem. Enjoy your new ride!

Mike   

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2016, 09:43:11 PM »

On my custom program I use full regen - when I ride to Suches Ga on the twisty roads in north Ga I never touch the brake on this trip. My only regret is the regen is not linear its either on or off but it goes in fairly softly so its not a problem. Enjoy your new ride!

That's my "Custom" setting too.  Full power/Full regen.  Despite what others have said, I've found running at full regen provides a lot LESS "engine braking" than my ICE bikes but I've finally learned the characteristics enough that I can ride my favorite local twisties without ever touching the brakes.  It still doesn't decelerate like my K1200LT in third gear... but it's enough.

As for the new app... it does update in "Riding" mode.  So far, the only thing that doesn't seem to work is the battery status screen.  It always shows "0.00" in the "Time to charge" field.  It also seems to display a lower speed than the dash.  The old version used to match the dash speed exactly.
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2016, 01:40:50 AM »

Re: engine braking compared to regen, a lot of people use the very highest gear / lowest RPMs possible when engine braking, presumably to reduce wear (that's my reasoning how I do it), so they rate engine braking as softer.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2016, 06:02:05 AM »

Re: engine braking compared to regen, a lot of people use the very highest gear / lowest RPMs possible when engine braking, presumably to reduce wear (that's my reasoning how I do it), so they rate engine braking as softer.

Obviously people who never took Reg Pridmore's C.L.A.S.S.   ;)
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

MrDude_1

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2016, 09:10:12 PM »

anyone who does that has no clue how their ICE wears then.
thats just silly.

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2016, 11:22:54 PM »

anyone who does that has no clue how their ICE wears then.
thats just silly.

It's not rational. And yes I know about the theory. I just don't do it. Call it misplaced mechanical sympathy.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

Low On Cash

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2016, 01:51:47 AM »

That's my "Custom" setting too.  Full power/Full regen.  Despite what others have said, I've found running at full regen provides a lot LESS "engine braking" than my ICE bikes but I've finally learned the characteristics enough that I can ride my favorite local twisties without ever touching the brakes.  It still doesn't decelerate like my K1200LT in third gear... but it's enough.

It's not BMW and it doesn't make a lot of noise either! LOL

Low On Cash

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2016, 01:57:10 AM »

As for the new app... it does update in "Riding" mode.  So far, the only thing that doesn't seem to work is the battery status screen.  It always shows "0.00" in the "Time to charge" field.  It also seems to display a lower speed than the dash.  The old version used to match the dash speed exactly.

Is there any place we can down-grade to the old app again till they get this fixed?

Thanks

Keith

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2016, 06:18:43 AM »

Is there any place we can down-grade to the old app again till they get this fixed?

See my previous post if you have Android.
2016 Zero FX, 2014 KTM 1190

grmarks

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2016, 06:45:57 AM »

Who wants to change down to 3rd gear every time they want to slow down a bit?. No one rides on the freeway in 3rd gear, everyone hums along in top gear and top gear doesn't offer much engine breaking. If you suddenly need to slow down (even if gently) by the time you select 3rd gear it's not going to be a gentle stop anymore.

Low On Cash

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2016, 07:09:05 AM »

Nope on a Iphone 6 + here but thanks anyway!

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2016, 06:11:23 PM »

Who wants to change down to 3rd gear every time they want to slow down a bit?. No one rides on the freeway in 3rd gear, everyone hums along in top gear and top gear doesn't offer much engine breaking. If you suddenly need to slow down (even if gently) by the time you select 3rd gear it's not going to be a gentle stop anymore.

Who said anything about "changing down to third gear?"  When I hit the twisties I typically LEAVE the bike in third gear.  You can't damage an engine if you don't exceed redline but you can hit redline and STAY in redline all you want without damaging it.  The higher revs give you greater acceleration AND greater deceleration, all of it conveniently controlled by your right wrist.

If you ever get the chance, take either Reg Pridmore's C.L.A.S.S. course or his son Jason's S.T.A.R. school.  Even Keith Code covers it in California Superbike School but I first learned the technique under Reg.  Although Keith's curriculum is arguably more race-oriented, Reg and Jason's are geared towards street riding.

As for engine wear... my K1200LT just turned over 200,000 miles this past Spring (yes... MILES, not kilometers).  It never had any top-end work, and it doesn't burn any more oil than it did when it had only 20,000 miles.
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7