• April 27, 2024, 05:43:35 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Zero App update  (Read 9420 times)

George Cowly

• View Profile
Re: Zero App update
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2016, 02:56:22 AM »

Hi

I'm sorry to bring this thread on top again, but are your apps really working? I have an iPhone 6/iOS 10 and an old iPhone 4S/iOs 9 showing both the same behaviour. Both have the latest app installed. When I go the the riding screen, the app takes the actual values and makes no updates of these values, as if there was no data stream. When I go to the battery page, all the datas there are updated on the fly. I have reconnected the bluetooth and de/reinstalled the app. No joy! Does anyone know an email address for bug reporting? The official zeromotorcycles page is not really helpful.

Thank you for any shared knowledge,

George

steveg

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2016, 04:18:03 AM »

. When I go the the riding screen, the app takes the actual values and makes no updates of these values, as if there was no data stream. When I go to the battery page, all the datas there are updated on the fly.

Unfortunately I am seeing the same thing.

Killroy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2016, 04:35:17 AM »

Try your dealer first and if that does not work try Zero customer service.  Those guys are great, IMHO.

Phone (888) 786-9376 ext. 2
Zero Motorcycles
380 El Pueblo Road
Scotts Valley, CA 95066

Kosh

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2016, 10:00:25 PM »

Also seeing the same, but I did fire off an email to Zero Support about it.
2013 Zero S

steveg

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2016, 12:46:37 AM »

I have a service coming up next week; sounds like part of it will be a firmware update. I'll post if it fixes the issue.

steveg

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2016, 06:53:08 AM »

My bike just received a firmware update, and unfortunately I can report that the problem with the app updating on the riding screen was not resolved. For reference I'm on a 2016 SR. Time to keep digging...

Low On Cash

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2016, 08:46:11 AM »

Its maybe just me - but I'll be damned if I would do a firmware update when Zero can't even get their App fixed to display live information.

Kocho

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2016, 10:09:24 AM »

I guess we need to wait. It's ridiculous how they can't get that straight and even more so how long it takes them. I'm not upgrading my app until this is fixed - the version I'm on is the previous one and it seems to work just fine with my '15 SR (no connection issues, all data seems reasonably correct).
'15 Zero SR

steveg

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2016, 12:40:28 PM »

One detail that hadn't occurred to me until now - I'm actually running a beta of iOS 10.2 on my phone. Not sure whether anyone else having trouble is also running the beta or not?

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2016, 09:33:12 PM »

NOT the issue, because it happens on Android too (and I am NOT running bleeding edge either, I'm on 6.0.1.  Version 7 is current).
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

Low On Cash

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2016, 07:50:39 AM »

Don't know what happened - I was getting data (battery etc. before but now my Bike won't communicate to a I phone or an android device no matter what i do. Tried reinstalling unpairing etc. WTF!

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2016, 01:55:26 PM »

As a software developer, y'all are getting way more worked up about this than it deserves. It's a simple consistent bug that shouldn't have made it past QA, but the company they contract through may be small and haphazard and that's what the budget affords.

I'm pretty damned sure it's already getting attention based on how I've heard them talk about the forums. Piling on won't fix it faster.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2016, 10:15:00 AM »

I wish I had rooted my phone, because if I had, I'd still be running Titanium Backup, and I'd be able to restore the previous version of the app.  That one worked just fine.  Since I have a 2016 bike, I don't think there's anything in the new app that provides any benefit for me anyway.
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

Shadow

• Global Moderator
  • 130,000mi electric since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2016, 10:37:39 PM »

I wish I had rooted my phone, because if I had, I'd still be running Titanium Backup, and I'd be able to restore the previous version of the app.  That one worked just fine.  Since I have a 2016 bike, I don't think there's anything in the new app that provides any benefit for me anyway.

The app currently detects if your phone is rooted or not, and disallows updating the 2017 firmware if it detects the phone is rooted.

App development should be done in-house, but it's not really their (Zero Motorcycles) bread-and-butter profit center. Also as a note for those of you suggesting the MBB firmware is somehow equivalent to develop, it is not. Android app development and MBB firmware development are different programming languages, resource constraints, and a wildly different QA process.

I do wish that there could be a 3rd party developer API; Zero Motorcycles could support a small utility app or library component that does all the proprietary things, and then open-source the main user app (GitHub?) for comment and improvements. There's a strong uncertainty in doing this however the benefits of a community managed open source app do apply to this. You'd really only have to spend enough time to strip out the truly proprietary bits and then re-assign copyright on the whole thing, publish to GitHub, and see what happens?

What value is there in the app if it is not being developed and maintained full time?

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2016, 12:52:07 AM »

The app currently detects if your phone is rooted or not, and disallows updating the 2017 firmware if it detects the phone is rooted.

Again, since my bike is a 2016, I don't care.  Besides, there were apps that faked out the "Root detection" algorithm most apps out there used.  I know, because I used them back when I had a rooted phone.  :)
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7