• March 29, 2024, 08:42:31 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Unofficial Zero Owners Manual Logo  (Read 2509 times)

MrDude_1

• View Profile
Unofficial Zero Owners Manual Logo
« on: November 03, 2016, 07:44:12 PM »

Hey guys,
I want to change the Unofficial Zero Owners Manual logo to something else, but I dont have any great ideas. lol.
I was thinking of using a picture of a zero bike with a nice background, but by the time you shrink it down to fit in the corner of the wiki page, its just "a motorcycle" instead of instantly identifiable as a Zero Motorcycle.
So I decided to have a "contest" where you can submit whatever you think would work great for the logo and we will see what we can come up with as a community. Contest is in quotes as theres no prize other than being able to see your logo idea on the page.

Requirements:
You have to own the image/photograph.
It cannot have the Zero Motorcycle logo (but it can have pics of your bike)
It has to look good at  160x160 pixels (but a larger "master" image should exist)
It should convey an association with the subject of being a manual, being for zero motorcycles, and/or electric motorcycles..
It can (but not required to) say the words "Unofficial Zero Motorcycle Manual", but not in Zeros trademarked font.
You will be give permission for the image to be used on the site.

Im excited to see what we can come up with as a community... I know atleast one of the people reading this is probably a graphic artist. (or atleast more artistic than me)

Richard230

• View Profile
Re: Unofficial Zero Owners Manual Logo
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 09:06:32 PM »

While I don't have any big ideas for a Zero manual logo, a similar logo "contest" was proposed on the BMW F650GS (chain-driven, single cylinder, AKA a "thumper") forum and they came up with these two cute logos.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

clay.leihy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2016, 02:16:21 AM »

Maybe we could use (or modify) this logo. I created it with Inkscape to make stickers for my bike. I'll attach the .svg file.

EDIT: Just struck me that this is vaguely reminiscent of the old Electricross logo.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 10:57:39 AM by clay.leihy »
Clay
DoD #2160,6

MrDude_1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2016, 09:28:45 PM »

Maybe we could use (or modify) this logo. I created it with Inkscape to make stickers for my bike. I'll attach the .svg file.

I tried it at home and again here at work and I cant get that to open.

Shadow

• Global Moderator
  • 130,000mi electric since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2016, 01:03:58 AM »

I tried it at home and again here at work and I cant get that to open.
Use Inkscape vector graphics software to edit/open. No cost, free as in freedom.

ZeroPointZero

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2016, 11:37:45 PM »

I spent more time on this than Id like to admit... :-\

giacomo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2016, 11:42:51 PM »

nice job :)

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

ZeroPointZero

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2016, 12:02:21 AM »

nice job :)

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Thanks, I pulled it off google images and edited slightly, it shouldnt violate any copyright laws...

Straightedg4lif

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2016, 12:49:25 AM »

I spent more time on this than Id like to admit... :-\

That picture looks awesome! Well done!
2013 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (Sold)
2015 Roma Hornet (Sold)
2009 Aprilia Mana (Sold)
1983 GS450A Suzukimatic (Sold)
2016 Dong Fang 200SST (Sold)
2017 Super Soco TS1200R (Current Bike)

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2016, 05:46:44 AM »

Oh, dear. That looks cool but seems gaudy to me and implies electrocution, which I'd rather avoid.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

Shadow

• Global Moderator
  • 130,000mi electric since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2016, 05:59:36 AM »

Oh, dear. That looks cool but seems gaudy to me and implies electrocution, which I'd rather avoid.

The concept of "missing manual" does not infringe on Zero Motorcycles. Surely there are other technical products this can be expanded to?

How about a shelf of books/manuals, and a mouse arrow pointing to a missing spot on the shelf?

ZeroPointZero

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2016, 01:44:52 AM »

Meh, I think it symbolizes the power of electricity and I visualize the bolts as more of a harmless EMF surrounding the bike...  Honestly I think it kinda resembles BenSwings paint job, which I dont find gaudy at all  ;)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 01:47:21 AM by ZeroPointZero »

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2016, 12:47:47 PM »

Meh, I think it symbolizes the power of electricity and I visualize the bolts as more of a harmless EMF surrounding the bike...  Honestly I think it kinda resembles BenSwings paint job, which I dont find gaudy at all  ;)

As a former electrical professional, it represents nothing so harmless as vaporizing a human being. :( I didn't like Ben's paint job for the same reason.

The average layman finds electricity mystifying, not nearly as much as nuclear power, but enough that I'd really want to project an image of professionalism. I know we owe a lot to Nikola Tesla, but he never made electricity look exactly safe or normal.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

Erasmo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2016, 02:14:35 PM »

It's like the electrical equivalent of yer olde hot rod flames.

ZeroPointZero

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2016, 11:22:08 PM »

As a former electrical professional, it represents nothing so harmless as vaporizing a human being. :( I didn't like Ben's paint job for the same reason.

The average layman finds electricity mystifying, not nearly as much as nuclear power, but enough that I'd really want to project an image of professionalism. I know we owe a lot to Nikola Tesla, but he never made electricity look exactly safe or normal.

Those of us who ride motorcycles have already disregarded the notion of safety, and I doubt 99% of a potential adopter is concerned about getting electrocuted, their primary concern is range.  If they come from ICE bikes, they have been riding around with a volatile highly flammable explosive liquid in between their legs so a few batteries in place of a liquid gasoline bomb sounds safer to me...  ::)
Pages: [1] 2 3