• March 29, 2024, 12:44:24 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Energica EGO in the Illinois area  (Read 2345 times)

mousejstr

• View Profile
Energica EGO in the Illinois area
« on: October 11, 2016, 05:42:45 AM »

Hello everybody,

My Energica Ego should hopefully be arriving in the Chicago area by the end of October.  I am thrilled.  I will be posting as I work my way through the joys of owning a bike that almost nobody else has

NEW2elec

• View Profile
Re: Energica EGO in the Illinois area
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 06:32:13 PM »

Congratulations those look like awesome bikes feel free to post any time.

Ashveratu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 11:39:13 AM »

The last news I read somewhere is that Energica was still awaiting licensing to sell bikes in the US. I guess they are legal now?

I have been really tempted to look into getting an Eva purely because of the CCS option. It would allow me to ride around DC and Maryland with no problems.
2022 Energica Esseesse 9 RS Bormio Ice
2018 Tesla Model 3 Metallic Red wrap (Black) LR AWD

2020 Harley Livewire Fusion Yellow (traded in)
2014 Brammo Empulse in Yellow (Sold)
2013 Zero S 11.4 - Black (returned to Zero)

mousejstr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2016, 10:58:55 PM »

As far as I can tell, it will be the first one officially sold in the US into private hands...  I am not sure if that is a good thing.  :)

I have been given a ETA of about two weeks.  They are making some modifications to the bike (at my request) and then will ship it to my local dealership. Here it is in San Francisco

SM

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2017, 01:03:05 PM »

what mods did you have made? heard your first bike was damaged en route? did you get a replacement?

mousejstr

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2017, 09:02:30 PM »

yeah, first bike was totaled by the shipping company in route.  The shipping company dropped the box off the truck and still refuses to admit it.  Luckily,  I had a separate policy in case of something like this. The replacement bike is effectively the one below. 

Any thoughts of modifications will happen in the spring, to be honest.  the first focus is some kind of tail tidy and security system.  Also need to properly set up the suspension. 

Ndm

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2017, 09:58:42 PM »

That color scheme is beautiful! Heads will turn for sure, the one question I have is how do you go about getting insurance on such an exotic bike, when I called to insure my ZERO I was greeted with the standard "huh"! Then the CC question with another"huh" , maybe it will work in your favor to have a bike with no CC's, I hear they are slow ;)
2013 zero S  ZF13.0 , 2017 chevy bolt, 2008 IGO Titan bike

mousejstr

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2017, 10:12:28 PM »

I gave state farm the CC Equiv (600), the VIN, and the cost and they seemed to just deal with it.

I have not made a claim yet so we will see how that all works out.  :)    It is cheaper to insure than my R1 which surprised me

dano

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2017, 07:27:01 PM »

As far as I can tell, it will be the first one officially sold in the US into private hands...  I am not sure if that is a good thing.  :)

I have been given a ETA of about two weeks.  They are making some modifications to the bike (at my request) and then will ship it to my local dealership. Here it is in San Francisco

Hi @mousejstr,
Well, how's it going with the Evo? I'm especially interested in highway mileage and what you think of the DC Fast Charging!
Best,
Dan

enigmeow

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2017, 09:09:17 PM »

Hi @mousejstr,
Well, how's it going with the Evo? I'm especially interested in highway mileage and what you think of the DC Fast Charging!
Best,
Dan

I love the bike..   might be easier to chat on the phone to tell you all about it

Message me if your interested

Justin Andrews

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2017, 02:15:06 PM »

Hi @mousejstr,
Best,
Dan

I love the bike..   might be easier to chat on the phone to tell you all about it

Message me if your interested

It'd be nice to hear more about the bike from owners here.
I know for one, I'm toying with the idea of getting one.
Zero 2015 SR (+PT);
Yamaha Diversion 900

fsaintl

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2017, 12:37:17 AM »

yeah, first bike was totaled by the shipping company in route.  The shipping company dropped the box off the truck and still refuses to admit it. 

Hello Mousejstr,

I'm curious, did you actually witness the crate get dropped, or is this an assumption?   I'm asking because I have been asked to evaluate an Energica Ego that was cosmetically damaged in shipping en route to Chicago.  I work in the motorcycle industry and am often asked to look at damaged motorcycles from a forensic point of view and determine visible and underlying damage, evaluate the frame for trueness, verify suspension and wheels are perfect, etc. prior to their being offered for sale.    I received a white 2017 Ego with cosmetic damage on the lower left of the top shell and the rear side panel, along with a torn seat. It had come loose and leaned a little to the left side before coming up against a wooden crate, and then it would appear the the person present grabbed it by the mirrors to try to straighten it back up, effectively breaking off the mirror.   It's a common damage pattern when bikes are shipped.  I've seen this many times.   When the bike was shipped here on a pallet, the driver removed the tie downs prior to putting the side stand down, and if I hadn't of been there to catch it, I'm sure it would have fallen over.  The driver then proceeded to stand over the front wheel facing the bike, grab the mirror on one side and the remaining broken mirror mount of the other, to attempt to push the bike.   Apparently the handlebars didn't seem like an adequate grab point !   :o

I've had many many bikes delivered here, and it always amazes me how some of these trained professional drivers load and unload motorcycles. Some are obviously very skilled, while others leave a lot to be desired.   I received a KTM 690 that the trucking company parked against the wall with the side stand down, and a tie down from the right foot peg, over the seat, to the wall of the truck on the left.  The left mirror and bar end were broken, the seat was torn, and the side stand mount on the frame was bent.  When I questioned the driver he said "It's a dirt bike. It don't matter".   

I'd love to know more facts about the one you received.   Feel free to PM me.

Francois

Erasmo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2017, 01:17:18 AM »

Oooh the plot thickens ;D

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2017, 04:00:32 AM »

I have a friend who purchased a 1977 H-D last year and had it shipped from the owner across the country to his home in California, via a one-man motorcycle shipping company using a motorcycle trailer.  The bike never made it.  Somewhere in the mid-west it fell off of the trailer at speed and was completely totaled.  Fortunately, he had insured the Harley and got his money back from the insurance company.  He used a different shipping company to transport his next 1977 H-D purchase and this one made it to his home in one piece.  ;)
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.
Pages: [1]