• April 25, 2024, 06:30:14 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Lightning Motorcycles booth at Hong Kong Formula E event  (Read 2907 times)

MichaelJ

• Can haz e-cruiser?
    • View Profile
Lightning Motorcycles booth at Hong Kong Formula E event
« on: October 08, 2016, 08:06:19 PM »

While on vacation in Hong Kong, I stumbled across a Formula E race event being set up on the island.  On Saturday, the exhibitors' pavilion opened to the public.  Renault, Jaguar, BMW, and Tesla were represented, but to my pleasant surprise, so was Lightning Motorcycles.

Sharing their booth was an electric scooter company named Yadea, which I hear sells a million e-scooters to the Chinese market a year.  Perhaps there will be an opportunity for these two companies to work together.

CEO Richard Hatfield was present and kindly chatted with my wife and I for a while.

The only other two-wheeled electric vehicles present were electric bicycles that some event staff were using to get around the venue.
Zero gasoline in the garage since May 2017

Richard230

• View Profile
Re: Lightning Motorcycles booth at Hong Kong Formula E event
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 04:11:46 AM »

Well, Lightning does get around.   ;)  But I wonder if they have sold any motorcycles since they set up their small factory assembly line last year?   ???
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Justin Andrews

• View Profile
Re: Lightning Motorcycles booth at Hong Kong Formula E event
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 02:49:27 PM »

Given that Yadea's graphics are all over the LS-218, I'd say its rather likely that the Chinese company has at the very least, invested in Lightening...
Zero 2015 SR (+PT);
Yamaha Diversion 900
Pages: [1]