• April 25, 2024, 02:15:42 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: MCN tests the 2016 Zero FXS ZF6.5  (Read 2608 times)

KrazyEd

• View Profile
Re: MCN tests the 2016 Zero FXS ZF6.5
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2016, 11:43:05 AM »

I apologize if the zero to 60 link was just copy and past. I guess they just "collect" posted information.
As far as pre loading the bike, there is little reason to do so on the Zero since the torque is available
from zero rpm. If front brake is used, it may take minimal slack out of belt, and, may compress the front
end a bit but, as far as absolute time, doubtful. The actual "pass" may be improved because of a minute
decrease in time between opening throttle and bike accepting the change. This might improve reaction
time but not really the time / speed. This might help you in the race against the other guy,  but not
improve time / speed.
   As far as the bike feeling like it doesn't get full acceleration until the bike gets rolling, I believe that
is correct. If I recall, it doesn't get full power until around 30 mph. If the bike wheelies or spins now,
full power from stop would make it worse. Unless you have a slick and wheelie bar, you have to feed
the throttle to just a little less than what it takes to have it spin or wheelie.
   Another point from above about shifting with your hand. I have done this but did not notice a difference
in speed, just less control of the bike. If trying to do this from a stop, I am pretty sure that it would actually
cost you in the time that you take to get from launch position on bike to getting your hand to shifter. I would
launch, then, put my left hand on the fork tube to get my left arm a bit more out of the wind ( flat track style ).
When going for a national record, i would press the front caliper to move the pucks away from the disks this
would allow for a minimal difference, but, sometimes that was all that was needed for a better ET. When going
for speed record, I would line up as close to one side of the lane as I could and still be at a good contact area,
then, point the bike at an angle to cross the lane to the other side to add a few feet to the distance traveled by
the end ofthe mph lights.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 11:45:37 AM by KrazyEd »
Pages: 1 2 [3]